US pilot labor thread 6/14-6/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't I read that the west had been carrying 100 extra pilots for a while? If so, it's only really 25 west to 125 east. Bid 08-04 is a heck of a cut for us. The east payrates have been subsidizing the west for a while.

Is there a west displacement bid out yet?

That sounds like a good USAPAian: "Look at those overpaid pilots!" Yeah, I wonder how Bradford gets anything done with all the other airline clamoring to join a group like USAPA.

Oh, that's right he doesn't anyway, too busy intimidating his constituency.

That sounds like a good USAPAian: "Look at those overpaid pilots!" Yeah, I wonder how Bradford gets anything done with all the other airline clamoring to join a group like USAPA.

Oh, that's right he doesn't anyway, too busy intimidating his constituency.

Sounds like a standard westie response, ignore the question and throw out something about USAPA. I never said the west was overpaid, they are underpaid. We on the east have just been paid worse and that has helped the company.

How about it, your bid out? You guys been carrying 100 extra for a while?

Sounds like a standard westie response, ignore the question and throw out something about USAPA. I never said the west was overpaid, they are underpaid. We on the east have just been paid worse and that has helped the company.

How about it, your bid out? You guys been carrying 100 extra for a while?

I don't know. I do know that cutting 10% on one side and 4% on the other is something that a responsible union that claims to want to defend the interests of ALL US Airways pilots should be outraged over.

I don't see much outrage. Bradford seems to like the west contract; the west pilots not so much.

I don't know. I do know that cutting 10% on one side and 4% on the other is something that a responsible union that claims to want to defend the interests of ALL US Airways pilots should be outraged over.

I don't see much outrage. Bradford seems to like the west contract; the west pilots not so much.

How should they cut them? We don't have joint contract so we can't fly each other's A/C, right? Wouldn't they have to cut from where the actual hulls are cut?

Again you didn't answer. From the FAQs it looks like you guys have been carrying 100 extra pilots for a while. If you take them out, it is 25 west pilots to 125 east pilots for this round of cuts.

You guys are just outraged because you thought you would have the Nic award to help you take the east seats.

Which one are you counting on being in place? Guess either one would change it though.

USAPA is nearly finished with the DOH/fences <----list. DOH was always done at AAA from the days of Allegheny-Mohawk and regardless of the current disagreements I do believe that DOH will prevail and is ultimately fair. :blink: <-----I'll get used to those damned things yet!

I also think that the suit USAPA has filed against certain Westie pilots has merit and may actually prevail and that could winnow their side of the list down without those monkey-silly "professional pilots". :unsure:

While some think the suit is "silly", it is never fun when you get sued. You must defend yourself and we have to wait to see just how those named pilots do that. :ph34r: No wonder they don't post here anymore! I can't imagine how they are going to answer the suit!

They are being personally sued just as the filing states. If that wouldn't put a person's panties in a wad, I don't know what would. I bet they've already run to see if they kept their umbrella policies up to date!

Since this is a public forum, I hazard a guess that what they have written here could be used against them but then that would entail getting their identities from USAVIATION.com. I'm not a lawyer and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night either, so I don't know how that would work.

I'm sure USAPA isn't full of stupid people and they would not have named names if they did not have the goods. Rico laws are very serious and yeah I know, they must be brought by the DA in NC but my bet is that they well may be. Messing with a certified union is dicey. <----that's an understatment, for sure.

The same goes for the USPostal Service. My god are those people are cranky on an ordinary day! Imagine how they all cheered up when feces appeared......."Oh good Lord, Murtle! What IS that smell in here??? Did you stop taking your GasX again?" :lol: :shock:

One other way the West wiil shed their own is if they keep refusing to pay dues. That's a bozo-no-no in a closed shop. RLA law, I believe. Like it or not, the Westies are USAPA.

I think the time has come (and maybe gone already) for a National Seniority List. I've thought that for decades.

Cheers,

Utterly or UU....whatever

I don't understand how Us Airways thinks it has superseded the AWA pilots. The comments posted about working together as one and you boast about winning. Us Airways appears to be playing there own game and calling the rules as they go along, similar to the Bush Admin, as long as things go their way. Seniority might matter but, integrity is what founded this country! If the pubLic was aware of the selfish attitude and childish demeanor: such as physical violence, threats and name calling the company would be in bankruptcy yesterday instead of on its way for tomorrow. The general public show be ware of the aged on medical leave as well.

Both sides agreed to arbitration when Us Airways did not prevail they whined and then outvoted the union, not to mention the East has more pilots. Then you are allowing your fellow employees to lose their job. AWA will at least step up to the plate and try to bargain early retirement, reduce guarantee etc. to help the fellows to stay on board.

Us airways is the typical self-center American that needs to grow up!

Uh OK. Dad doesn't need your help here Kiddo.

Work on your English skills this summer; your essay here isn't going to cut it in seventh grade.
Don't forget to find some time to enjoy your youth and don't get caught up in your parent's complaints.

PS: wear sunscreen: years later, you'll be glad you did.

I don't understand how Us Airways thinks it has superseded the AWA pilots. The comments posted about working together as one and you boast about winning. Us Airways appears to be playing there own game and calling the rules as they go along, similar to the Bush Admin, as long as things go their way. Seniority might matter but, integrity is what founded this country! If the pubLic was aware of the selfish attitude and childish demeanor: such as physical violence, threats and name calling the company would be in bankruptcy yesterday instead of on its way for tomorrow. The general public show be ware of the aged on medical leave as well.

Both sides agreed to arbitration when Us Airways did not prevail they whined and then outvoted the union, not to mention the East has more pilots. Then you are allowing your fellow employees to lose their job. AWA will at least step up to the plate and try to bargain early retirement, reduce guarantee etc. to help the fellows to stay on board.

Us airways is the typical self-center American that needs to grow up!

What do you mean exactly by "superseded"?

What do you mean by "aged on medical leave"?

You sound a bit angry & possibly discriminatory. Hmmmm...

USAirways seems to be shrinking the company fleet size in accordance with the current labor contracts of West & East. Each of those contracts have a "minimum fleet size" requirement.

The East was pulled down in the last bankruptcy - (mgts way of beating out leasing company contracts)
The West would have been pulled down if the outside investment group hadn't invited both East and West to the party.

Now that oil is twice the price it was only two (2) years ago mgt has to do what has to be done to save the company. That means reducing the fleet size to the minimum contractrual agreements.

West has more aircraft than the minimum - therefore - the West will take a larger hit than the East.

Read the contracts - do the math. It's really that simple.

When, not if, a joint contract is agreed upon - there will be a new minimum fleet size....one that all of the USAirways pilots probably won't like.....it will be smaller.

What do you mean exactly by "superseded"?

What do you mean by "aged on medical leave"?

You sound a bit angry & possibly discriminatory. Hmmmm...

USAirways seems to be shrinking the company fleet size in accordance with the current labor contracts of West & East. Each of those contracts have a "minimum fleet size" requirement.

The East was pulled down in the last bankruptcy - (mgts way of beating out leasing company contracts)
The West would have been pulled down if the outside investment group hadn't invited both East and West to the party.

Now that oil is twice the price it was only two (2) years ago mgt has to do what has to be done to save the company. That means reducing the fleet size to the minimum contractrual agreements.

West has more aircraft than the minimum - therefore - the West will take a larger hit than the East.

Read the contracts - do the math. It's really that simple.

When, not if, a joint contract is agreed upon - there will be a new minimum fleet size....one that all of the USAirways pilots probably won't like.....it will be smaller.

LOL, can't you see that KristaC is someone's kid? She's been listening to Mom and Dad rant over supper and she's trying to help. Her little missive is right off MySpace. As a parent, I can tell that she's probably about 12-14 years old.

Uh OK. Dad doesn't need your help here Kiddo.

Work on your English skills this summer; your essay here isn't going to cut it in seventh grade.
Don't forget to find some time to enjoy your youth and don't get caught up in your parent's complaints.

PS: wear sunscreen: years later, you'll be glad you did.

:up:

LOL, can't you see that KristaC is someone's kid? She's been listening to Mom and Dad rant over supper and she's trying to help. Her little missive is right off MySpace. As a parent, I can tell that she's probably about 12-14 years old.

I know...I agree....I just didn't want to throw the youngster under the bus.

Even this one may grow up to be a good citizen and spend time with the 'aged' down the road.

Pooooooor thing.... she needs a few life leasons before she spouts off about things well beyond her years. Grow up honey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back