US pilot labor thread 6/14-6/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
"flag" is so.........so.....well just plain common.

Yes, it is just plain common. That's why it's so appropriate for a Low Class Carrier.

Thanks AAA. I'd forgotten today was Father's Day. My bad! Since I have not fathered any offspring, I forgot to mark today on my list of things to do. AAA

How about your father? Did he have any offspring? :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Oh, Richard, I'm just kidding. UU is my fan club. Just ask him/her.)

Yes, it is just plain common. That's why it's so appropriate for a Low Class Carrier.

How about your father? Did he have any offspring? :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Oh, Richard, I'm just kidding. UU is my fan club. Just ask him/her.)

You can kid me all you would like to. I'm your fan, remember? Ooops! You meant Richard the Mod. I don't have a father because I self-pollinated. I have to say that self-pollinization is not much fun. You sneeze a lot too.

"Low Class Carrier"? AAA?? Byte your tongue! I don't know how U's employees do it but they are the best.
One thing that never change is the way U people do your jobs and do them well. Kudos!

So Bus, now that I am your fan, when do I get your signed picture?

UU

Didn't I read that the west had been carrying 100 extra pilots for a while?
Yes, you read that, and it came as a complete surprise to us. You'd think we'd be able to notice if we're operating overstaffed. On reserve I've flown every eligible so far this month and almost every day had Red Flag pairings which means open trips are being offered for time-and-a-half. Methinks Parker is using some of that proverbial fuzzy math.
Is there a west displacement bid out yet?
We just got the two weeks notice.

In the tradition of British Airways and "speedbird", I nominate a call sign truly indicative of the US Airways experience: "SPEED TAPE".

Kidding, of course. Though I'd say it before someone else (that is, if they haven't already)

Who really cares what the call sign is if you get paid ?

Call signs are very important to pilots. I'm not kidding. It's a pilot-thing so let it be. Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be. Whisper words of wisdom, let it be. :up:

UU

Yes, you read that, and it came as a complete surprise to us. You'd think we'd be able to notice if we're operating overstaffed. On reserve I've flown every eligible so far this month and almost every day had Red Flag pairings which means open trips are being offered for time-and-a-half. Methinks Parker is using some of that proverbial fuzzy math.We just got the two weeks notice.

I did wonder if the 100 extra pilots line was just to offset claims that the furloughs were uneven.

Really hate that anyone is getting furloughed. Looks like SW is getting another gift from US.

What is the two weeks notice?

Call signs are very important to pilots. I'm not kidding. It's a pilot-thing so let it be. Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be. Whisper words of wisdom, let it be. :up:

UU
This whole callsign controversy is childish. In the past history of all this company's mergers, the airline with the regional-sounding callsign was changed to reflect the nature of the newer, bigger airline. Did Empire, or Piedmont, or Pacific Southwest Airlines, or The Trump Shuttle keep their callsigns? No. Did people wimper and complain and agonize about it? No. Just keep the US Air Callsign, a nationally and internationally recognized callsign, and be done with it! This is really about certain upper, middle management guys not being willing to make a decision, fearing that they might aleinate a small number of people.

1. This whole callsign controversy is childish.

2. This is really about certain upper, middle management guys not being willing to make a decision, fearing that they might aleinate a small number of people.
1. Very astute observation. To me it's no controversy. Just pay me and let me go home. The future furloughees are probably wishing they could use any call sign after October.

2. Do we even have a middle management? More like capo's waiting for Don Parker to speak. Or his consigliere, the ("We must have an abnormal jetstream") zoomie. :lol: :lol:

1. Very astute observation. To me it's no controversy. Just pay me and let me go home. The future furloughees are probably wishing they could use any call sign after October.

2. Do we even have a middle management? More like capo's waiting for Don Parker to speak. Or his consigliere, the ("We must have an abnormal jetstream") zoomie. :lol: :lol:

Hey, I are a zoomie. What am wrong with dem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back