US Pilots Labor Discussion 6/20- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please write your own material. (Or reference your source of humor in a footnote.) Thanks. :lol:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...
Posted back on page 38 in response to you:
Yea, I'm sorry, You're the first to say that. I had never heard it or seen it until you wrote it.

You ever heard of an idiom? No, I'm not calling you a name, just sadly misinformed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language_idioms_derived_from_baseball#S

Check out the link, Mr. original. That phrase has been part of the American english language lexicon for at least 75 years.

Reactions: 2 people
If that day comes, an entirley new course will be set for this ship, and I promise you will not like the destination.

Goes right along with..."when the 9th rules" or "when the damages trial is over"!

How many times can you wrongly predict future events and still be taken seriously??? None of us owns a crystal ball nic.

Driver B)

Goes right along with..."when the 9th rules" or "when the damages trial is over"!

How many times can you wrongly predict future events and still be taken seriously??? None of us owns a crystal ball nic.

Driver B)

I predict that after losing the runoff election for EVP, Eric Ferguson will become a PHX domicile rep.

Lets see if I get this one right, then we can compare who has the better crystal ball.

Jeeeezzz, oldie. No sense of humor. There's nothing going on around here that's worth talking about anyway. Just the same old venom, the same old arguments, and the same old stalemate. Nothing new. Just thought I'd throw something equally as senseless into the pot. :rolleyes:

Carry on.

I predict that after losing the runoff election for EVP, Eric Ferguson will become a PHX domicile rep.

Lets see if I get this one right, then we can compare who has the better crystal ball.
And just why would anyone, other than he and his constituency, care? I don't even know who he is, except that he's one of the RICO defendants. I think you guys might be better represented by Goatboy.

Jeeeezzz, oldie. No sense of humor. There's nothing going on around here that's worth talking about anyway. Just the same old venom, the same old arguments, and the same old stalemate. Nothing new. Just thought I'd throw something equally as senseless into the pot. :rolleyes:

Carry on.
If by stalemate you mean kicking your butt with law and reason, then yea, I see your point. :blink:

If by stalemate you mean kicking your butt with law and reason, then yea, I see your point. :blink:
Yes, I see you are much further along now than you were 1 week ago, a month ago, a year ago, 2 years ago... (insert sarcastic tone for the really, really dense.)

I must have missed the new seniority list, new contract, snap back pay, etc.

Way to kick butt! Keep up the good work. :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Actually, the day before the merger he was one number from being furloughed, and of course the guy one number junior to him was furloughed along with 1700 others.

The day after the merger with a DOH plan he would be around 1600 away from furlough. You would have to furlough every West f/o and approximately 600 of the 900 West captains before this guy would be back to two numbers away from furlough again, and his furloughed classmate would be one number away from furlough.

And yes the usapian seniority theives think that is perfectly fair.
Hey Nic, remember Piedmont 1984 was one of our comparisons? He is hired in 1984, and your idea of a plan is to put a 1997 hire on top of him. Guess who stole seniority? And you think that is fair. 13 years. The time it takes to go through kindergarten and graduate from high school, if that puts it in perspective. And Piedmont 1984 probably checked out in 4, say 5 yrs max on the 737. Nice plan. This is exactly what we are talking about with the entitlement mentality your side has. And you really expect someone to believe your guy was harmed? You need a reality check for what is in store for you. I wonder what the Real Houswives of Phoenix have to say about the next batch of cash you are going to send up in legal smoke?

Reactions: 5 people
Hey Nic, remember Piedmont 1984 was one of our comparisons? He is hired in 1984, and your idea of a plan is to put a 1997 hire on top of him. Guess who stole seniority? And you think that is fair. 13 years. The time it takes to go through kindergarten and graduate from high school, if that puts it in perspective. And Piedmont 1984 probably checked out in 4, say 5 yrs max on the 737. Nice plan. This is exactly what we are talking about with the entitlement mentality your side has. And you really expect someone to believe your guy was harmed? You need a reality check for what is in store for you. I wonder what the Real Houswives of Phoenix have to say about the next batch of cash you are going to send up in legal smoke?
Exactly! I know of some even more extreme cases. I have a couple of friends hired in 1988, one of whom is 55. The guy ahead of him on the NIC list was hired in 2005, and wasn't even off of probation at merger time! With the NIC, he'd NEVER be able to check out again, unless there's some kind of huge growth here, which I don't see happening. That's 17 years difference in time given to this company. Enough time to go from kindergarten to almost getting a Master's degree!

They'd better be careful with that smoke....paraquat is deadly!

Reactions: 4 people
Thank you. We will!

How are those talks goin' with CO? Didn't think so.
Not bad actually. Just got an update today from my LEC Chairman. Basically posturing. ALPA (both CO and UA) put a shot across the bow.

Same old games from the UA management team. They don't want to commit to some basic non-economic issues in the stand still agreement. Stuff like not flying each other's routes until a joint contract, no furloughs or added/subtracted flying on either side until a joint contract etc. Very basic stuff, just like the DL/NW merger to avoid whipsawing and drawn out contract negotiations. No synergies from us until we have a joint CBA.

CO's MEC says that Smisek, while not a pushover, also understands the importance of a cooperative climate with the pilots. The current roadblock is due to UA's clowns. Smisek happens to be in China, and the word is that when he gets back there will probably be some changes to the management side of the negotiating table.

Interestingly, last week before Smisek left town, we secured an agreement for UA to cover our merger integration costs on both sides, meaning ALPA's merger assessment will be refunded.

Next week we have a local council meeting and will have EWR reps from CO present. Unlike US/AW, we actually have a pretty good working relationship with our CO counterparts.

It's OK oldie. Your jealousy is completely understandable. :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.