Who wants a merger with AA?

Do US employees want to merge with American Airlines?

• Yes

Votes: 82 66.1%
  • No

Votes: 40 32.3%
  • I'd consider a merger if it did not involve American Airlines.

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
Retired airline employees have historically kept flight benefits, I have a co-worker who was retired from Western Airlines long before Delta bought them and he is now just like any other Delta retire.

AWA management changed the retiree priority for pass travel - retiree priority for pass riding was by DOH before the AWA merger.

Ask Doug about it.

If you have a wedding, or a paid for vacation, you are plain stupid if you haven't purchased a ticket....and you deserve to get bumped.
Easy to say when you make >$100k/year and can easily afford tickets. A lot of non-pilot airline employees are barely getting by and can't afford to purchase plane tickets. Let's not assume everyone can afford to buy tickets on the airline for which they work.

Reactions: 1 person
If this merger goes through, the majority will rule and it will go the way AA wants. Not the way aaa wants.

I don't think this is decided on a popular vote among employees. I came from HP where we had 1st come first serve...US had DOH and that is what the new US adopted. But I don't recall getting to vote on the issue. Management sits down and makes these decisions based on the direction they want to go. BTW, I think DOH priority for non rev is the better option. A bran new worker just out of training should not be able to bump a 20 year employee.

I don't think this is decided on a popular vote among employees. I came from HP where we had 1st come first serve...US had DOH and that is what the new US adopted. But I don't recall getting to vote on the issue. Management sits down and makes these decisions based on the direction they want to go. BTW, I think DOH priority for non rev is the better option. A bran new worker just out of training should not be able to bump a 20 year employee.

The company asked the employees what they preferred. It was more or less a poll. We use the East method because they were the majority. I'm saying, expect the company to do the same thing and it's likely the result will be decided by the AA majority.

I came from HP where we had 1st come first serve...US had DOH and that is what the new US adopted.<snip> A bran new worker just out of training should not be able to bump a 20 year employee.

Actually, it's only DOH within the same boarding priority. US was DOH period, as long as the employee/retiree was traveling also so an active employee generally got a seat after a retiree. The current system for two employees, both on SA3 passes, the one with the earlier DOH is in front of the one with later DOH. Under the current system, active employees are a higher boarding priority than retirees so generally get seats first.

Jim

Actually, it's only DOH within the same boarding priority. US was DOH period, as long as the employee/retiree was traveling also so an active employee generally got a seat after a retiree. The current system for two employees, both on SA3 passes, the one with the earlier DOH is in front of the one with later DOH. Under the current system, active employees are a higher boarding priority than retirees so generally get seats first.

Jim

Except for the f/a's. It is in their contract that they keep DOH for boarding priority even after they retire.

Only if you complete 25 years
So the way it stands now the flight attendant group has a provision in their contract that allows them to retire with 25 years and kept SA3 boarding priority. This is great benefit that is exclusive to just the flight attendant group.

I think it's only the east FA's per their east contract - so it could change in a combined contract I guess. Someone else could clarify.

Jim

True..I think we are going to need a bigger boat. B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gciFoEbOA8

I'd not checked this thread lately. Hands down; that's the most appropriate and overall best video insert for the month of April ;)