Who wants a merger with AA?

Do US employees want to merge with American Airlines?

• Yes

Votes: 82 66.1%
  • No

Votes: 40 32.3%
  • I'd consider a merger if it did not involve American Airlines.

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
I'd not checked this thread lately. Hands down; that's the most appropriate and overall best video insert for the month of April ;)

Thanks East....It's bad enough to have to deal with the shark, I'm not so sure adding the AA gorilla to our charter was a great idea. :unsure:

We'll see...

Easy to say when you make >$100k/year and can easily afford tickets. A lot of non-pilot airline employees are barely getting by and can't afford to purchase plane tickets. Let's not assume everyone can afford to buy tickets on the airline for which they work.

Oh, gimme a break! Airline tickets are cheaper than driving. And it's not like we see all the moneyed elite boarding the airplanes. Anybody's airplanes.

Being based in PHX, I would only support AA/US merger if PHX was to keep its hub status. DP claims no reductions, but we all know what that means given a year or so after a completed merger.

Retired airline employees have historically kept flight benefits, I have a co-worker who was retired from Western Airlines long before Delta bought them and he is now just like any other Delta retire.

US Airways Retirees have flight priviledges ..... but are almost at the bottom of the boarding priority. So you might as well kiss that "benefit" goodbye, for all practical purposes!

Reactions: 2 people
That's great, one more way for Doug to sell us out.

Is anyone else MAD AS HELL that he went and made these offers to AA's unions without even consulting us? Much less offering us the same.

Whatever he offered to them is our new BASELINE when it comes to negotiations!

Reactions: 3 people
So the way it stands now the flight attendant group has a provision in their contract that allows them to retire with 25 years and kept SA3 boarding priority. This is great benefit that is exclusive to just the flight attendant group.

CWA grieved the change in status for retirees. As with (almost) anything the CWA has grieved, they lost.

For a while Tempe put retirees on service charges, as they did with parents. They backed off on the fees for retirees, not for parents.

Although a pipedream...I Like It!

Let's see, you don't work for the company, never did, but you would like to see the CEO gone? Kind of a senseless statement coming from someone who he has no effect on at all.
Who do you have in mind for his replacement?

Reactions: 1 person
That's great, one more way for Doug to sell us out.

Is anyone else MAD AS HELL that he went and made these offers to AA's unions without even consulting us? Much less offering us the same.

Whatever he offered to them is our new BASELINE when it comes to negotiations!

Who ever you are, your link does nothing to convince me that USairways policy strands people for 12 hrs and doesn't help them. NOT 1 person approached the camera and said " This is BS ill never fly US again. All i saw was people standing in a long line eating and drinking coffee and giving you the " Peace " sign.........WTF's ur trip ????
I will admit i don't know what they were standing in line for but it was rather long. Still it proves nothing........except you can put music together with video........