Why is the IAM not telling fleet what was offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the Fleet Service group. Why is the IAM not posting what was offered by the Company to the group? They posted the past offers and had us vote on the last offer.....?
Actually the IAM did post it by saying the company offered less than the last contract. Such implicit language means for you to look at the last contract as a start and 'at least' the following:
The company wants to eliminate the profit sharing, COC language, extend the contract, extend wage progression, eliminate 19 stations, offer IOU's and kick fleet service in the shorts again. With that in mind, it isn't important what the 'less' part means since the offer already stands condemned. So there is no need for the IAM to spell it all out for you.

What I would like to see is for Parker's boy to communicate to his membership with some balls and to define what his offer was but his policy of 'cant tell ya' is alive and well. But remember, according to PHL reports, Parker's boy said the last contract 'was the best he could do'.

At any rate, it really doesn't matter since he has been Bit## Sl#### and 'pushed to the side' and nothing less than fair and equitable will be tolerated by the network of solidarity. Until then, the investors will continue to experience 'great pain' with a dwindling stock price. And Parker's boy's days are winding down....'soon enough'.

New Direction Slate: Post In All Breakrooms

If you need information in your station or want to see how you can vote against Parker's boy, then email me at: [email protected]

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

What kind of timeline, really, are we looking at here. Obviously the company/I'll Ask Management are in no hurry to get anything done. But that is my opinion only. They may be in a rush, I just do not see it. IMO maybee a year probably a year and a half to see anything worthwhile. But this is junt MHO.

What kind of timeline, really, are we looking at here. Obviously the company/I'll Ask Management are in no hurry to get anything done. But that is my opinion only. They may be in a rush, I just do not see it. IMO maybee a year probably a year and a half to see anything worthwhile. But this is junt MHO.

Year and a Half is being optimistic!

Year and a Half is being optimistic!

It would not have been had canoli insisted on contuining sec 6 for the west. Instead he kissed dougweisers ring and did what dougweiser wanted. Which was nothing. Now both East and West are being screw*d over by the company/I'll Ask Management.

merger mania will dictate a quick pace. Just pointing to the scoreboard that is forcing each airline to step up and consolidate. As Wall street 'chimed in' the labor strife and lack of Labor agreements are 'killing the stock' and putting 'additional pressures' on management.
That said, you can be confident that Hemmingway will be back to the table with something better, the investors need it, and Parker needs transition for his ego. And if I'm wrong and Hemmingway, and the investors that own him, still don't understand, then the stock price will continue to reap 'great pain' on the investors. Fleet service has a contract, it is hemmingway that is compelled to gain a new one before 2009 and that's why there are negotiations taking place. It's called negotiations and nothing will come without a fight. Canale has been pushed aside, and the fight is on. Further, his deadweight will be thrown out of office...soon enough.

Mission Statement of the NEW DIRECTION TEAM

Click HERE to see Who is on the NEW DIRECTION TEAM

regards,
Tim Nelson

Mission Statement from THE NEW DIRECTIONS TEAM
[click here to copy, post and distribute everywhere so the members can be informed]

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Because you are a valued member of District 141 we are writing you today to ask you to consider making unprecedented changes in our District and reshaping our union for all of our member’s future. As you are probably aware your Local will conduct nominations for District 141 in February of 2008. At that time the President and Directing General Chair, Secretary Treasurer, several Assistant General Chairs, Trustees and Vice Presidents positions on District 141 Executive Board will be up for election. We are asking you and your fellow members to consider giving your local’s nomination to our candidates instead of the incumbent District Slate.
Our group is made up of experienced union people who have served their members well in various positions. We have an excellent mix of current Grievance Committee Persons, Local Lodge Officers, and trainers which include several Lodge Presidents and Committee Chairmen. We are led by our presidential candidate Richard Delaney who is the senior AGC on the system. He has over 20 years of experience representing the members of district 141 and has held positions at all levels of our union.
As a group we feel we can no longer sit by and watch our once proud union continue on its current path. Our members of District 141 have suffered tremendous hardships over the last several years and our current leadership has failed them in their time of need. We cannot continue to have our president hold conflicting jobs, negotiate poor contracts because of his lack of vision, and be advised by people on his board who have their own interests ahead of the member’s interests. Our current leader has lost his will to fight, his ability to listen to his members and most importantly the vote of confidence from the membership.
Whether it’s US AIRWAYS, United or any of the other carriers represented by 141, the message from the work force is the same. WE NEED A CHANGE. Our team has the experience, the determination and the passion to make this union strong again. The I.A.M. is not the problem. Its leadership IS the problem. Help us correct the problem.
Please nominate our slate at your Local Lodge meeting in February and encourage your co-workers to come out to vote and make a change.

Sincerely,
“The New Direction Teamâ€￾

This week, OMA, JFK, MCO, IAD, LAX, PHX, IND, PHL, SFO [1782], CLE, DEN, DTW, ORD, LAS, OKC, ORF, IAH, SLC, INT are all up for nomination. There will be a vote in the meeting, immediately after the nominations, so you must flood your local for the new direction team to secure your locals' nomination. Take a friend, etc. We are looking to flood the locals with as many members as humanly possible to show our solidarity and resolve to get Company Stooge Canale out of office. Anyone needing information on their particular local's time, let me know by emailing me at: [email protected]

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, ORD

Again, The NEW DIRECTIONS TEAM
click here to copy, post, and distribute the ticket everywhere so all members can be informed. A state of the art web page will be up 'shortly'.

President and Directing General Chairperson
Rich Delaney, Current AGC, UA
Secretary-Treasurer
Dave Atkinson, Current Local President Den, UA, Vice President AFLCIO, Colorado
Vice President-East
Richard "Brad" Burson, Greivance Chair OMA, UA
Vice President-Hawaii
Sandy Olmos, Grievance Committeeperson, HNL, UA
Vice President-West
Sandy Gardner, Grievance Committeeperson, DEN, UA
Vice President at Large
Chris Lenzi, US West PHX and former TWU Officer
Trustees
John Nielsen, US West, LAS, Former TWU officer
Greg Brown, Local President, SFO, UA
Assistant General Chairperson (two year term)
Michael Crowell, Grievance Committeeman, CLT, US
Mickey Hughes , Vice President, PIT, US
Bobby Worthman, Grievance Chair, DEN, UA
Assistant General Chairperson (4 year term)
Frank O'Donnell, Shop steward, PHL US
Nick Handlow, CLT, Former Grievance Committeeman, PIT, US
Alex Gerulis, Grievance Chair ORD, UA
Erik Stenberg, Local President ORD, UA
Laura Stone, Grievance Committee, ORD RES,UA, Current DL141 Vice President
Mike Klemm, Local President and Grievance Chairman, New York, UA
Arthur “Big Dawgâ€￾ Croker, Greivance Chairman HNL, UA
John Medeiros, Grievance Chairman, BOS, UA
Shawn Humpherys, Grievance Chairman, SLC, UA
Kris Hannah, Grievance Chairman MSP, UA
Ray Wallis, Current DL 141 AGC, UA
Taking Back The District From Parker's Boy

see mission statement in above post on this page.

regards,
Tim Nelson

So with nominations in Feb, the vote in June, when does the "New Direction Team" take office?

Not seeing the great pain you talk about:

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/chart...okie=1&SZ=0

Industry trends show the same, again where is the pain??????????????????? Long Term investors which is what LCC has in the Institutional investors take a longer look, and compare to the sector. With this stock rated an 8 while a company like AMR is a 4, not seeing the pain!

Hemmingway will be back to the table. Bottom line, not because he is a 'nice fella' but because of the reasons that the wall street analyst have cited. He's not in 'good' position to lay down till 2010.
Indeed, Leverage is with the unions.

Labor strife is actually a tame word compared to how pissed off the workers are. A better word that is inclusive of Pilots, fleet, mechanics, stews, etc might be 'ape sh** hysterical' and things may be fixing to blow off as workers 'rage and anger' of being treated like $20 whores are apparently limiting them 'going the extra mile'. Certainly, nobody should work unsafe in such an environment but everyone should stay as professional as they can be but such is quite difficult for 'goodfellas'.
In the end, it will be the solidarity that will force a fair contract, the same type of solidarity that shot down the last TA, and changed out all the Local Leadership and is willing to change the District leadership. Hemmingway can wait if he wants to, fleet already has a contract, but he is compelled to come back to the table. The only question will be how many times does he have to come back before he gets it right? Screw transition, Screw parker's boy and his bandits of yes men. They will all be voted out [including you] and sent back to the ramp, as Canale is kicked back up to management where he belongs.

The Path to kickig Parker's boy out of office

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, chicago

Let's not get ahead of ourselves by pushing the panic mode like you don't have any oxygen to breath, and let's not scramble for the sake of a pending merger [that's Dougie's problem].

Freedom you have alot of energy, that's commendable. Take some time and breathe, let's take our time, settle down. I see on youtube that you guys are planting 'seeds of solidarity' out in PHX, I admire that. I personally would wish that other hubs would join in more visibly as PHX has. Who can deny that PHX is ironically becoming a very solid brotherhood?

However, the fruit of 'seeds of solidarity' don't sprout overnight like a weed, but it will manifest itself soon enough. Such seeds of solidarity need to be cultured and waterered. It will grow up like a vine and strangle management but don't expect management to be purusaded until the vine is ripe. In other words, don't expect to make an expression, then wonder why your company hasn't signed a contract the next day.

Further, I am in contact with many in PHX and I will second alot of what you say on here is true about PHX rampers being so fed up that I would use the term, 'fully blown fed up'. But let me appeal to you not to come on here and cry about needing a contract yesterday and that you can't survive, that is exactly what parker would have you say. Besides, the class 2 stations and even the hubs are experiencing the same pain but are 'honkered down' and mobilized because we are in the middle of a 'great battle' that will help determine whether this ramp is going to be oppressed for the next 10 years with disrespect, anger, hate for a company, OR if this ramp will be a place to rear a family and be proud of working for this airline. As far as I can see on the horizon, NOBODY IS PROUD TO WORK FOR THIS AIRLINE and NOBODY is going the 'extra mile' because of the utter disrespect, and disregard that Parker has for the human beings that work for this company. It's all about relationships and Parker treats the masses on this property like $20 whores.
Until there is respect and dignity, screw it all Freedom...screw it all, hold your position, with the sword of justice held high. Nobody is saying there won't be casualty but hold firm for the hope of a fair and equitable contact. Therein lies the hope and it must be fought for and taken since management will not think lightly on this matter. Remember, management NEEDS also. Screw them, screw transition, screw mergers, screw going over and above at the risk of being unsafe. Unfortunately, we had to strong arm our District leadership and cast their legitimacy to the sideline since all they do is sing the praises of Parker by talking down to fleet service. But we have been effective in this regard and the rank and file mass is 'solid'.

Remember, your solidarity in PHX, while impressive, will accomplish NOTHING if it's represented in a topsy turvy way on this message board.

regards,
Tim Nelson

This is where you and I differ tim, you keep saying screw transition , that in effect is also saying #### off to every west station and class two station … We are anxious to get this done .there’s no point in bluffing ,parker knows this , hell everyone knows this . When you write It almost seems like you think parker and this al hemming way are morons , that’s another point on which we differ …Our strength in PHX will continue to grow until this company offers a TA that will pass , this company knows that a TA that will pass needs to be somewhat like the last but with better job protections and either full holidays or sick days …this company may have won the COC but that doesn’t mean an unfair contract is going to be accepted , all we ask for is fairness and we will continue to PUSH you until you give us fairness . It’s just going to be a question of how many customers you want to screw over and how bad you want our public image to go down before you become reasonable . This is what WE are pushing for , not your 21 dollars an hour fantasy , need I remind you that we aren’t in traditional talks , need I further remind you that in the event of another merger we will be able to increase any gains we get from a TA …

We must have a TA NOW not 3 years from now!!! This is what we want , failure to provide it will be this companies undoing .

I pray that our union leaders and especially this company come to reasonability .

Freedom,
I agree with you on job protections and such. But those protections need to be for the field stations and class II, also have merger protection like Tim sez. Besides, if a T/A is offered, you better hope that the East will accept it otherwise the West does not have to numbers to force it through. So while I agree you guys on the West side need a transition to raise wages and such, the East will not accept a concessionary T/A. That being a T/A that we have to pay for improvements. Of course this is just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.