2014 Mechanics T/A Contract Vote

N617P said:
The Ratification Vote is structured according to the bylaws of the district. It has been this way for my past 6 Contracts..... There is no spin here. The info has been put to the membership in a timely manner now they get to vote. It's a simple majority of those that cast a ballot.

This is not a great contract, but there is no loss in any area of the contract. We are not giving up ANYTHING!

For a toped out mechanic it's $492.00 a month increase by Sept 12 2014.

Read the tentative agreement. Talk to your union reps and make an informed decision.

This is one step in a long journey we have ahead of us!
So you are not losing anything and what are you gaining?
I believe this is a stop gap between a CBA and a JCBA.
Speaking of JCBA look at UAL/CAL and how long they have been at it yet the company is moving along as if it is no big deal. Just like UAL/CAL we will be thrown on the back burner and forgotten until 2017 and then what? Your CBA is much more important to settle than a JCBA. Is it really that good of a deal to vote YES on? The company needs a CBA to move on, At what cost? I don;t know for sure all the details because it is your T/A and your choice. If this passes then we will be in the same position as UAL/CAL for years to come and the Alliance will take the next step into the unknown.

1AA said:
So you are not losing anything and what are you gaining?
I believe this is a stop gap between a CBA and a JCBA.
Speaking of JCBA look at UAL/CAL and how long they have been at it yet the company is moving along as if it is no big deal. Just like UAL/CAL we will be thrown on the back burner and forgotten until 2017 and then what? Your CBA is much more important to settle than a JCBA. Is it really that good of a deal to vote YES on? The company needs a CBA to move on, At what cost? I don;t know for sure all the details because it is your T/A and your choice. If this passes then we will be in the same position as UAL/CAL for years to come and the Alliance will take the next step into the unknown.
I agree this is a stop gap. The greatest risk for our membership is to be in a merger without a contract! Please take the time to read our contract. During joint contract negotiations both groups have the ability to regain what we have lost and lead the industry in Scope, Pay, Pension, and benefits! Both AMT groups must unite for one cause!

This is Not UAL/CAL there are serious problems with there merger!

N617P said:
I agree this is a stop gap. The greatest risk for our membership is to be in a merger without a contract! Please take the time to read our contract. During joint contract negotiations both groups have the ability to regain what we have lost and lead the industry in Scope, Pay, Pension, and benefits! Both AMT groups must unite for one cause!
This is Not UAL/CAL there are serious problems with there merger!
What makes you believe WE will gain anything back in JCBA negotiations when you have not come close to what was lost in the past with this "first section six in blah blah years" that 700 always reminds everyone of? After years at the table and on the verge of release the company gives up this POS and you and the IAM are looking down the road at another 5+ years before you are at this point again as a good thing!?!?

Why would the company reduce the raise amount after the amendable date from 3 to 1.5% if they had plans for a speedy JCBA?

If the IAM doesn't make some serious gains this time around it is over for a long time!!

Reactions: 1 person
2ndGENAMT said:
What makes you believe WE will gain anything back in JCBA negotiations when you have not come close to what was lost in the past with this "first section six in blah blah years" that 700 always reminds everyone of? After years at the table and on the verge of release the company gives up this POS and you and the IAM are looking down the road at another 5+ years before you are at this point again as a good thing!?!?

Why would the company reduce the raise amount after the amendable date from 3 to 1.5% if they had plans for a speedy JCBA?

If the IAM doesn't make some serious gains this time around it is over for a long time!!
Good point.  Yes why the reduction???

In the tentative agreement it states joint contact negotiations start within 30 days. I would rather have our IAM Contract than the pos Bankruptcy AA Contract any day.

gtd said:
Anyone have a digital copy of the TA? If so can they email it to me? [email protected]. Thanks GT
Never mind. I found it. You guys can't vote for this piece of crap? DOS? C'mon man! The company is playing out of the same play book as UAL. You don't think they talk to each other? Vote NO! By the way, get another union. The IAM sold you out. GT

Reactions: 3 people
700UW said:
Every station had a meeting about the TA, and the pay rates were available online, and at the meetings. Also if you take the top out rate and multiply it by the percentage of increase, you get the new pay rates. Its not rocket science. Come up with something else.
^^^^^^^^idiot alert^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

700 actually negotiated himself out of a job and didnt know it because he didnt read the contract he negotiated.

He finally had to pack it in and leave. There were other circumstances at the local...care to talk about that 700? The members want to know.

Tim Nelson said:
^^^^^^^^idiot alert^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

700 actually negotiated himself out of a job and didnt know it because he didnt read the contract he negotiated.

He finally had to pack it in and leave. There were other circumstances at the local...care to talk about that 700? The members want to know.
There goes your lies again.

I was a stock clerk when I left US, and we never reached a CBA in Chapter 11, guess you conveniently forgot those facts.

And this is the last time I am going to say this, you are lying about other circumstances.  So I have asked you at least 10 times provide your accusations and proof or face consequences.

I have all your stuff printed Timothy, time to admit your lying, or I will take matters to a higher authority.  Better read those posted rules of conduct about what your saying about your fellow coworkers Timothy.

I hope you have deep pockets.

700UW said:
There goes your lies again.

I was a stock clerk when I left US, and we never reached a CBA in Chapter 11, guess you conveniently forgot those facts.

And this is the last time I am going to say this, you are lying about other circumstances.  So I have asked you at least 10 times provide your accusations and proof or face consequences.

I have all your stuff printed Timothy, time to admit your lying, or I will take matters to a higher authority.  Better read those posted rules of conduct about what your saying about your fellow coworkers Timothy.

I hope you have deep pockets.
you are not a coworker and you still havent answered key questions.

N617P said:
In the tentative agreement it states joint contact negotiations start within 30 days. I would rather have our IAM Contract than the pos Bankruptcy AA Contract any day.
30 days until 3-5 years of negotiations with a company enjoying the lowest paid M&R in the industry! Laughable...

Most everyone at AA would rather have this deal than what we have now..

If the New AA settles quickly in this JCBA it will be concessionary for the PMUS! They will take Holidays from PMUS, take sick leave from all of us and gain work rules that cost us all..AA will target groups with a pittance of a buyout or a raise to a select group such as OSMs/Cleaners or a combination of both and not to mention Fear and scare tactics to get the 50%+1 they need to keep us at the bottom. Also it will drag the entire industry down by showing the other majors that they do not have to raise their employees pay!

If you do not believe this you have not been paying attention to what the TWU has been doing for years and it seems the IAM is following in their footsteps

Tell your paid representative to fight for an industry leading contract!!!

Consider yourself on notice Tim.

And AP Tech knows my reasons and that is between him and I.

Get a lawyer.

Tim Nelson said:
you are not a coworker and you still havent answered key questions.
And he never will when he is proven wrong.  Aside from changing the subject, he now will threaten a law suit against individuals.  How sad.  IGM is in total operation...

Latest posts