2015 Pilot Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Metroyet, on 09 Jul 2015 - 1:58 PM, said:
The 9ths opinion in black and white right in front of the Arbitration Panel is worth its weight in Gold."

luvthe9 said:

Geez indeed. Would it be hugely rude of me to again offer up some fine swamp land in Florida, or at least some excellent "snake oil" to such clearly "educated" and discerning buyers? ;)

Seriously though; how does ANYONE live so much as even thirty years without at least getting some slight glimpse of "how things really work" on our planet?

Reactions: 1 person
EastUS1 said:
Be gentle there. "Stupid is as Stupid does" and some simply can't help themselves.

They should just look to the bright side of this, in just three short days they can go see the "Sully" movie. Maybe that's why we haven't seen many westies lately; they must assuredly be standing in line for tickets.

And Simmons, you were repeatedly told you were making an idiot of yourself making all those nonsensical postings, is it sinking in yet? You lost. No nic. Period. Now go pay your rent.

Beancounter said:
I don't think. Senior guys/gals did well, junior pilots didn't. I'm ready to move on. As in move forward, not find a new employer

Well with all the retirements over the next 5+ years, I think everybody will be alright.

Reactions: 2 people
luvthe9 said:
Dean Colello 8349

Dave O'dell 11,593...........Boy I bet he wishes they took the NIC at Wye River, they were like one number apart.

You're right, and O'Dell was one number senior.   :lol:

luvthe9 said:
Consider yourself schooled.
This three man arbitration board obviously knew why there were three of them there. The one arbitrator previously made a huge mistake, hence why the entire airline world, except the entitled westies knows it. So long NIC. So long lottery ticket.

Reactions: 3 people
MUTATIS MUTANDIS said:
Thank you Cleary and Bradford! So much for the NIC!

What a week for Mike Cleary.  The hero of the SLI, and in a few days one of the heroes of the Sully movie.

Lesson for the Leonidas brain trust.  Don't f**k with Cleary.  

cactusboy53 said:
We do not address the thorny question of the extent to which the Nicolau Award is binding on USAPA. We note, as the district court recognized, that USAPA is at least as free to abandon the Nicolau Award as was its predecessor (NOTE TO THE CLUELESS: The predecessor was NOT free to abandon the Nicolau Award), ALPA. The dissent appears implicitly to assume that the Nicolau Award, the product of the internal rules and processes of ALPA, is binding on USAPA.

Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Opinion

Case: 09-16564 06/04/2010
************************************************************************************************************************************************

“In this instance, despite a year of negotiating efforts, there was no agreement on a list. Subsequently, the Representatives choose the Undersigned as Board Chairman and opted for the Med-Arb process. Those mediation efforts, held over the course of five days in October 2006, were similarly unsuccessful. Thereafter, the Parties agreed on the arbitration ground rules, and, pursuant to the Policy, each chose a Pilot Neutral from ALPA's Pilot Neutral Master List as a nonvoting member of the Arbitration Board.”

George Nicolau, Mediator

AWA/AAA Opinion & Award; May 07, 2007
***********************************************************************************************************************************************

“…The Arbitration Board conducts an evidentiary hearing, with witnesses, evidence and a stenographic transcript. The Board’s Opinion and Award are to be issued simultaneously, within 150 days following the PID, unless both pilot groups and ALPA’s President agree to an extension. The Merger Policy provides, “The Award of the Arbitration Board shall be final and binding on all parties to the arbitration and shall be defended by ALPA.” No ALPA seniority integration arbitration result has ever been set aside by the courts although some dissatisfied pilots have challenged the award before administrative agencies and the courts.”
US Airwaves June/July 2000
US Air Merger Committee Members: Todd Cardoza (PIT), Mike Cleary (BOS),Randy Mowery (PIT)
************************************************************************************************************************************************

“Of course, in negotiating for a particular seniority regime, USAPA must not breach its duty of fair representation. Accordingly, if USAPA wishes to abandon the Nicolau Award and accept the consequences of this course of action, it is free to do so.  By discarding the result of a valid arbitration and negotiating for a different seniority regime, USAPA is running the risk that it will be sued by the disadvantaged pilots when the new collective bargaining agreement is finalized. An impartial arbitrator’s decision regarding an appropriate method of seniority integration is powerful evidence of a fair result. Discarding the Nicolau Award places USAPA on dangerous ground.”

Judge Roslyn O. Silver, Chief United States District Judge

No. CV-10-01570-PHX-ROS ORDER; October 11, 2012

“Actually, it is USAPA that is needlessly delaying the resolution of the seniority dispute and jeopardizing the enforceability of the agreement the parties are able to reach. …….The arbitrator’s decision was to be final and binding on both pilot groups and was to be accepted by the Company so long as certain conditions were met.  The Nicolau Award has resulted in four years of litigation including a trial in federal court and jury verdict fining USAPA’s proposal for a non-Nicolau list to constitute an unlawful breach of the union’s duty of fair representation….”

Paul D. Jones; Vice President – Legal Affairs and Chief Compliance Officer

Exhibit 1 of  Declaration of Counsel; Case 13-15000, 02/20/2013
***********************************************************************************************************************************************

In the matter of: Preliminary Arbitration Board APA/USAPA/AA (December 17, 2014)

ARBITRATOR JAVITS: All three lists. I guess the gravamen of the questions is are you then putting yourself in the place of Nicolau, are you the new Nicolau because you are proposing a list which may not reflect Nicolau's list? ….. And American pilots. And, therefore, you're making a proposal, which may be different than what Nicolau had in mind and issued back in '07.

MR. FREUND (in closing): As the Chairman put it so nicely in his questioning of Jess Pauley, what the US -- what the East Committee, the US Airways Committee, the USAPA Committee, call it what you want, what it wants to do is to put itself in the place of George Nicolau and redo what George did in 2007.

I think (based on testimony, and judicial commentary) that the EAST pilots and those that led USAPA are the ones that LIED to thier pilot group and cheated them out of MILLIONS of dollars, TIME OFF & contract improvements that they will NEVER recover.

Hey...WYE don't you quote some 10 year old blog of a person that WAS NOT in a position to do anything other than opine to make your point?  WYE don't you post a 25 year old video to cry "WYE ME???!!!???".

Don't you worry.  Everyone in this industry knows exactly whom they are dealing with.  The end of your little tantrum is drawing to a close.

Again have to disagree

congrats guys (and gals) you stood up for whats right and today it finally pays off.
I'm enjoying the saved up quotes being used lmao

Reactions: 5 people
cactusboy53 said:
Paging First Officer Clax Desperation.....party of one.  You can meet your party in the "Final & Binding" Lounge.
By the way it's Capt. Clax to you (in the top 2500) and I believe he is in the lounge now, stop in and say hi.

EastUS1 said:

Hmm...anyone know where "Ho ho ho! St Nic is coming to town!" prechill of the interminable "T-minus" countdown clocks might be found for comment now?

The countdown clock just hit zero.  In honor of Suzie, I propose a new one.  It will count down to when the first Westie can bid a group 4 aircraft.

Tic Toc.

prechilill said:
HA HA HA HA HA!!!!   Predictions...   Like, "Nic is dead"   HA HA HA HA HA HA

Good one.  The east pilots are going to get everything they think they deserve... Everything!   I mean, since DOH is no longer the "gold standard" there are plenty of new standards to adjust and change to suit the yEAST needs...  So, the new standard is longevity with status and category... There you have it... DOH is now DOA...  LOL.

Jeez you guys are dumb.  Really, it's great being back in arbitration again and beating up a bunch of morons... just like we did in 2006 and 07.  Loving it!!!!  Ya'll have a NICe day!

Yes, loving it!..........could not have said it better cupcake!

"Predictions"..........

53Cactusboy said:
More lies.  U-Turd was a blog put out by someone that was NOT involved in the process in ANY fashion.  His opinion(s) are every bit as valid as yours (as in - NOT).  Wow...30 year old news stories, 25 year old videos, 10 year old senseless blogs....I'm sure you have a case (not).  Bean was right.  You spew nothing but untruth here.  I hope you get everything you deserve.

U turn was spot on every step of the way, Wye you did not listen to them......

cltrat said:
congrats guys (and gals) you stood up for whats right and today it finally pays off.
I'm enjoying the saved up quotes being used lmao

Thanks a bunch.  It didn't go unnoticed by many of us that you, John John and a bunch of others were on our side through this long battle.  Very much appreciated!

prechilill said:

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!   Predictions...   Like, "Nic is dead"   HA HA HA HA HA HA

Good one.  The east pilots are going to get everything they think they deserve... Everything!   I mean, since DOH is no longer the "gold standard" there are plenty of new standards to adjust and change to suit the yEAST needs...  So, the new standard is longevity with status and category... There you have it... DOH is now DOA...  LOL.

Jeez you guys are dumb.  Really, it's great being back in arbitration again and beating up a bunch of morons... just like we did in 2006 and 07.  Loving it!!!!  Ya'll have a NICe day!

Booyashaka, Baby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts