2015 Pilot Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of my screen name I felt obligated to post the PHX update.. I wonder if Mr. McClelland would claim such credit of "setting the stage"?...

"On a related note, I was at the Jeffery D. McClelland PHX Training Center building Monday for AQP Ground School, (and I have my Sim and my Checkride Tuesday and Wednesday night). I made some disturbing observations I want to share with you.

In the old “Door Trainer” room, there is a lonely Airbus model which is roped off and isolated from everything else around it- just like the PHX pilots that fly them. I took a picture of it for us all. It was a sad sight in a building that once held so much promise and so aptly named after one of the men who really helped put AWA on the map, setting the stage for the two mergers to follow his tenure. But, as you have likely heard, the McClelland Training Center will close its doors (at least as far as Pilot training is concerned) sometime next year. It is clear that management has simply moved on and left many of their former team members behind with little appreciation for our contributions. That is the very definition of all that is wrong in modern Corporate America.

Reactions: 7 people
EastUS1 said:

BTW: It's been awhile since we've last seen you quote "LT Hardy" from "Striking Distance", a purely fictional hollyweird character's notions of "Honor", and given that you've never won a tournament of any sort in in your whole "life", much less ever been within even many thousands of miles of a battlefield "LT", nor ever have been so much as a Girl Scout even, well...perhaps it's past time for you to again lecture us all on issues of personal "Honor"...? I, for one at least, could certainly use the laughs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6QfoiHcHfY

"You don't need to wear a patch on your arm to have honor."

Lt. Daniel Kaffee  from the movie A Few Good Men

:lol: 

Reactions: 5 people
Phoenix said:
Because of my screen name I felt obligated to post the PHX update.. I wonder if Mr. McClelland would claim such credit of "setting the stage"?...

"On a related note, I was at the Jeffery D. McClelland PHX Training Center building Monday for AQP Ground School, (and I have my Sim and my Checkride Tuesday and Wednesday night). I made some disturbing observations I want to share with you.

In the old “Door Trainer” room, there is a lonely Airbus model which is roped off and isolated from everything else around it- just like the PHX pilots that fly them. I took a picture of it for us all. It was a sad sight in a building that once held so much promise and so aptly named after one of the men who really helped put AWA on the map, setting the stage for the two mergers to follow his tenure. But, as you have likely heard, the McClelland Training Center will close its doors (at least as far as Pilot training is concerned) sometime next year. It is clear that management has simply moved on and left many of their former team members behind with little appreciation for our contributions. That is the very definition of all that is wrong in modern Corporate America.
Ah yes, the McClelland Center. I have memories of the McClelland Center also. There was the time that one our 767 crews was blocked from using the catwalk above the sims by bullying West pilots who stood with their backs to our East pilots. Our pilots said, "Excuse me. Excuse me," but were ignored. Rather than risk confrontation they went out and around through the inner hallway. Then there was the time in 2007 when the West captain who was hired several years after me, upon finding out my hire date, told me that I would "being pulling the gear" for him. (I have always hated that expression.) I was already a wide body captain at the time. Then there was the engineer who stabbed and killed his coworker with the screwdriver. Ah, such fond memories. RIP Mr. McClelland. 

Reactions: 8 people
CAVOK said:
Ah yes, the McClelland Center. I have memories of the McClelland Center also. There was the time that one our 767 crews was blocked from using the catwalk above the sims by bullying West pilots who stood with their backs to our East pilots. Our pilots said, "Excuse me. Excuse me," but were ignored. Rather than risk confrontation they went out and around through the inner hallway. Then there was the time in 2007 when the West captain who was hired several years after me, upon finding out my hire date, told me that I would "being pulling the gear" for him. (I have always hated that expression.) I was already a wide body captain at the time. Then there was the engineer who stabbed and killed his coworker with the screwdriver. Ah, such fond memories. RIP Mr. McClelland. 
There was free coffee, however. Thanks!

Reactions: 3 people
Freighterguynow said:
Disturbing ? How about the KKK memorial in the front lobby of the PHX Training Center. With a 4 foot pilot license from Frank O MCord.
. Yup shakin my head on that one also! But anyway , the hub is a flub ! Period , my prechill countdown clock , 2 year crew base shutdown!

traderjake said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6QfoiHcHfY

"You don't need to wear a patch on your arm to have honor."

Lt. Daniel Kaffee  from the movie A Few Good Men

:lol: 

Another movie character "hero" trader? OK then. I now have to give proper points for your sense of humor, perhaps even ironic wit.  Note though that your latest-offered "hero", "LT Daniel Kaffee" was nothing more than a smarmy little lawyer, intent, purely for purposes of his own petulant widdle ego and career advancement on taking down the only decent character in the film with ANY actual, personal Honor.  Let's start with your latest "hero" LT Daniel Kaffee: "I think I'm entitled!"...Now there's a huge surprise.  Now then, for his antagonist, the Col Jessup character: "We use words like Honor, Code, Loyalty". "We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something"..."You use them as a punch line." If you've need of an even more hilarious punch line than "Honor" in your case, well, you can always go with "This is Sparta!" ;)

"You don't need to wear a patch on your arm to have honor." Um hm. No doubt paying $675 for some ridiculous "Liberty" tie, or perhaps better yet sporting an "integrity matters" T-shirt would fully suffice instead....Right? I mean really; why ever actually EARN anything if one can simply order childish fantasies of personal "Honor" to be painlessly printed up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F4VcBmeo

CAVOK said:
There was free coffee, however. Thanks!

The most important things in life often hide within the smallest details. Proper points for the "spartans" there, and just why in heck isn't free-flowing coffee made available in CLT?

Well it looks like the fears of the east have been realized.

This board has been an ass pounding of why the west is not ready or worthy, yet the east is.

Looks to me like the east can see the outcome, yet tries to turn it to their favor.

Seems to me they will say and do anything to justify their position.

They know what's coming yet refuse to acknowledge it.

When it happens, they will react.

They will scream and kick and pretend that their reaction has some traction. That's all they know, after all, that's their status quo.

They only know what it's like to be the majority. To be in control. To learn that the companies motives have been mysteriously in line with theirs.

But now they're not.

They are the new minority.

When things don't trickle down to their perceived placement, all hell will be unleashed.

Fortunately, that hell unleashed at this point will be equivalent to a barking, yapping yorkie that just gets a treat and told to go lie down.

Reactions: 6 people
Bean said:
This board has been an ass pounding of why the west is not ready or worthy, yet the east is.
Looks to me like the east can see the outcome, yet tries to turn it to their favor.
They will scream and kick and pretend that their reaction has some traction. That's all they know, after all, that's their status quo.
They only know what it's like to be the majority. To be in control. To learn that the companies motives have been mysteriously in line with theirs.
But now they're not.
When things don't trickle down to their perceived placement, all hell will be unleashed.
Fortunately, that hell unleashed at this point will be equivalent to a barking, yapping yorkie that just gets a treat and told to go lie down.
So you saw the list.

Reactions: 3 people
Bean said:
But now they're not.
That "companies" grammatical error looks a lot like the last PHX blast grammatical error. Do you two use the same proof reader?

Reactions: 2 people
McIlvenna, Burkett and Kothny melting down on C&R
This last east bid put JohnnyMac over the edge. He is apoplectic.
He should ask Simmons, Koontz and Ferguson for an explanation. Ten years of gross miscalculation of the west legal brain trust. The east attrition is going into high gear as forecast. East pilots reaping huge benefit to what they brought, and kept successfully away from the west 2004 hires.

Your thoughts:
Boeing Boy
700UW
767jetzz
Snap this
Resjudicata
Clear direct
Move2Clt
Nic4US
Luvn737s
Aquagreen737 s