2015 Pilot Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phoenix said:
I'll miss the self-funded prima donna paraphernalia. How else will we know to whom we should flash a booyah smile?

Improperly envisioned sir, since the initially posted cries of absolute and unquestionable triumph from "Final and Binding...It's OVER! Get used to it"..."You won't even get 200 Cards!"..."Send the cards, I DARE you!"/etc "sparta" contained, and I quote verbatim "Booyooshaka!" Just sayin' that a mere "booyah" might now seem offensive to their imagined "Integrity" and we certainly wouldn't want to dare offend a whole "army" of self-styled "spartans"....now would we?

I'd have far more mercy and compassion had they not so determinedly evidenced and fully defined themselves as an utterly pathetic batch of wholly infantile and hopelessly arrogant fools...but they always insisted on "righteously" doing exactly that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MT3CihStFQ

Reactions: 3 people
EastUS1 said:
I'd have far more mercy and compassion had they not so determinedly evidenced and fully defined themselves as an utterly pathetic batch of wholly infantile and hopelessly arrogant fools...but they always insisted on "righteously" doing exactly that:

Disclaimer: That's meant entirely for the mighty "spartans"/childish village idiots there, and in no way is meant as any insult to the decent and fully respectable pilots sadly stuck within the PHX "fishbowl" that I've had the pleasure of speaking with over the years.

Reactions: 4 people
dariencc said:

She's been a career training and flight dept management (low level) suckup wanna-be with minimal line experience.  She never should have been involved in the investigation or the movie.  The other three sim pilots in the movie are well thought of.

Bigtime.
I could be wrong but was she the one who went off rw 23 in CLT about a year ago?

dariencc said:

She's been a career training and flight dept management (low level) suckup.....

Waaay too much of that these days. Her situation aside, even once decent pilots can seemingly lose their perspective/minds if kept too long playing video/sim games and drinking the proverbial Koolaide. I've personally never understood the desire to "live" in simulators/Fantasyland, versus actually see the sunrise/clouds/etc in the real sky instead, but perhaps that's just my thinking. I recall long ago being summoned to the Squadron Commander's office while then still a youth on active duty, and being bluntly told that, should I wish to avoid a "life" in sims, that it would be highly "suggested" I take one of the then immediately offered ("Go talk to so-and-so this afternoon") Wing jobs instead, which wouldn't prevent actual flying in reasonable amounts. "Yes Sir and thank you very much" was of course my response.  Pilots either love to fly, or they don't. One can play better video games than a sim on a home computer anyway. There certainly are some good folks that choose a life in simulators...I simply can't even pretend to understand their motivations.

Phoenix said:
I'll miss the self-funded prima donna paraphernalia. How else will we know to whom we should flash a booyah smile?

P.S. Let's not forget about all the "heroic" Cactus 18, self styled "bling" as well, and who could callously overlook the "Integrity Matters" T-shirts even?  I've sometimes wondered about how many "medals" the mighty "Army of Leonidas" must've doled out to it's supposed "soldiers"/"battle" tested "knights"/dire wolves"/"veterans"/et al over the last 9 years. I'd think many "spartans" must've at least been awarded a "Play With "You'se" Own Crotch Croix de Guerre" of some sort...? Perhaps even with some of their most truly magnificent "heroes"/"soldiers" receiving "Cactus" Leaf/thorn Clusters to that AWAsome award? ;)

MUTATIS MUTANDIS said:
Where is CB53.? He is suppose to school us on "The Rest Of The Story" ! Moron!

My guess is "Dorothy" either set fire to himself via excessive clicking together of Ruby Slippers, or is tragically left finally wallowing in the initially confusing part of the whole "Grow Up" process, and thus, is pretty much left incapable of speech at this time.

Given that recent events have likely left him far too tragically wounded to respond, I'd think it less than generous to do other than stand in for an umm..."fellow pilot", so the following, from his past "wisdom" is offered on his behalf:

"This is Sparta!" "Keep clicking your heels together Dorothy." "Soon." "It's going to be epic!" Possibly even a moment/nanosecond of "respectful" silence might be appropriate for that "heroic soldier" cactusboy53's noble sufferings, based on the actual and real list = 9918  "Nic is it!"

Credit where due to the PHX folks, in that they've not yet actually lynched such almost unimaginable idiots.

luvthe9 said:
Seriously ..............what gives Dorothy are we selling new ties?

September 12, 2016 update

http://www.cactuspilot.com

"In the meantime, the West Merger Committee has a few remaining expenses and we must be prepared to fund the Dispute Resolution Committee because APA will not do that for us. USAPA, while breaching its DFR to West pilots and negotiating the Protocol Agreement, which governs these matters, made sure of that. It is a fact that Leonidas, LLC is the sole funding source for these matters and for the forgoing reasons; your contributions are still needed. "

Sincerely,

Leonidas, LLC

"your contributions are still needed."? Seriously? OK then. Give 'till it hurts kiddies/"spartans"....You simply could never make this type of clearly miserable insanity up.

Again: Credit where due to the PHX folks, in that they've not yet actually lynched such almost unimaginable idiots.

Jeepney said:

A reasonable family life?

Or an odd aversion to actual flight perhaps? Face it, a "life" spent in simulators offers not the slightest challenge or "threat" of ANY kind at all. EVERYTHING is simply "programmed"...and where's the fun in that for any even supposed Pilot? I've never known anyone who EVER chose aviation for the "reasonable family life" offered. Those that love the sky want to be in said sky instead of some video game. Your actual mileage may vary, I suppose. I've flown for over 50 years now, starting as a 13 year old kid in gliders, and it's my honest observation that the the vast majority of those that intentionally spend their "lives" in simulators, mighty "Check Airmen" they might be, could be easily out flown by most line sorts that have kept their hands on actual controls instead.

I know many that agree, but unlike them, at this point in life I'm blessed with the privilege of not needing to much care at all about what anyone thinks about what I say.

Phoenix said:
Do not look at the runway end lights. I've been told one was replaced (different than the others). Can't say I have ever been that far down the runway to check it out.

"Can't say I have ever been that far down the runway to check it out."? "Woosie!" ;)...Totally and completely kidding there. 23 (any "short" runway) is all about touching down in the first reasonably available pavement without excessive energy remaining, as you fully know. Only hapless idiots burn up brakes for no reason, as you also know. "Can't say I have ever been that far down the runway to check it out." fails to surprise me with you Pilot. I'd wonder about you otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.