30 Minute layover

Sherita

Oct 15, 2019
Does anyone think its doable to do a 30 layover in Pihilly on AA? We are staying with AA all the way and this is the shortest layover. Little nervous, oh and it Wednesday before Thanksgiving!

Well hopefully luck will be on my side and we have no issues and make the connection!

You’re asking a lot for that day, in that city especially when you consider the possibility of bad weather too. I wouldn’t try it myself

30 minutes is VERY tight. I'm surprised you could book that connection.

One advantage of the many delays is that our outbound flight might get delayed!

If both of your flights are domestic (and assuming both are on time), you may make it. Try to sit near the front of your inbound flight. If your outbound flight is international, good luck - you'll need it; particularly it you are flying out of A-West.

One time a (then USAirways) employee told us that our outbound flight was waiting for us at the gate (our inbound flight was late), it turned out to be a lie. Our flight had already departed (for Munich). We got to spend a night and day in Philly at US Airways expense.

If either flight involves the F terminal, you're going to be stressed. That bus ride can take five minutes or it can take 15, all depends on the volume of people and the traffic on the ramp.

I don't care where the connection occurs--but definitely NOT PHL--I never book a connecting flight that has less than a full hour of time to make that connection (and I prefer 2 hours). As a flight attendant with American for 15 years, I had way too many cases of landing on time, then waiting 30-40 minutes (or longer) for a gate, or if we had a gate there was no agent available to open the aircraft door. 30 minute connection time is insane in almost any major airport. Not judgin. Just sayin.:rolleyes:

Just FYI...no, the agent will not care that it is not your fault that you missed your connection. Your flight left on time and there are no seats available until tomorrow.

Last edited:
I don't care where the connection occurs--but definitely NOT PHL--I never book a connecting flight that has less than a full hour of time to make that connection (and I prefer 2 hours). As a flight attendant with American for 15 years, I had way too many cases of landing on time, then waiting 30-40 minutes (or longer) for a gate, or if we had a gate there was no agent available to open the aircraft door. 30 minute connection time is insane in almost any major airport. Not judgin. Just sayin.:rolleyes:

Just FYI...no, the agent will not care that it is not your fault that you missed your connection. Your flight left on time and there are no seats available until tomorrow.
And they will redirect you to the Rebooking desk and be placed on Standby status. That's how AmericaWest does it.