Some Layovers Being Affected As A Result

multitasker said:
Just wait. If they follow HP catering we double provision the meals and beverages on all flights out of PHL/CLT. What I mean is that you get provisioned with beverages,liquor,and meals for the round trip of the A/C. For example out of PHX to EWR everything for PHX/EWR/PHX is boarded in PHX. So if the inbound crew uses more than they should you have less for the return flight.
[post="302536"][/post]​
NWA does this also. And believe it or not for the past few months they have been doing it for Rome!! Yes Italy!! They lost their contract or something like that and since the service is only seasonal they are double catering till it ends in October.

PHX-F/A said:
THe BOS/L hotel is just fine. Excellent staff, nice crew menu. If you want to go downtown, there is a subway T stop just down the street.
[post="302669"][/post]​

The only T stop in the entire city of Chelsea (not including bus stops) is the Commuter Rail station. The trains run approximately every hour, each way.

You wouldn't want to be hanging around that station for more than about 30 seconds.

In daylight.

I wouldn't worry too much about change in overnight hotels. I flew for US for 14 years and now HP for 2, I must say that the hotels are much nicer here at HP. I stayed at too many Ramada's when I was at US but I haven't see any here yet. For a low cost carrier, HP does great taking care of their own.

MitsubishiSam said:
I stayed at too many Ramada's when I was at US but I haven't see any here yet. For a low cost carrier, HP does great taking care of their own.
[post="306612"][/post]​
YIKES! We just switched from a Marriott to a Ramada in one city!

But, I agree, overall, our hotels are good.
MUCH better than they used to be when I started.

Please do not discuss specific brand names and specific locations on a public board.

Breath_of_Fresh_USAirways said:
So, how is this in any way the company's fault for saving money by double-catering? <_<
[post="302547"][/post]​
By not properly communicating it to the F/As. Supervisors at HP rarely attend check in briefings. The department relies on billboard displays in the checkin room. Most often igrnored because of where they are placed. The must read book is a mess too.

LUV2FLYHIGH said:
Why? I was told by THREE differnt people about that place and UNTILL IT CHANGES I'll say what ever I want, SORRY TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS...
[post="306722"][/post]​
SECURITY SECURITY SECURITY
You don't want the lurkers to know what hotels we stay at.

heyray said:
Where's the hotel committee? F/A and pilot groups both have them, they approve the facilities....Complain to them, or if you have hotel issues, report them! There is a prompt on the pilot 800 line to do that.....it can also be done through the hub, under flight crew news.

As far as the cost...you'd be surprised at the rates we get at "good" hotels. I've seen some rooms that go for 200/night that we pay 32/night for.

Seems to me that some changes need to be made in the make up of the hotel committees. Wouldnt hurt also, to have access to committee memebers, and perhaps have them explain why one property was chosen over another.
[post="304332"][/post]​
I don't know about US, but HP the Pilot and F/A hotel committees do not have approval power. They can only give input, then the Crew Accomdations department makes the decision. And it can be in complete opposition to what the committee recomended. They only real power is in the contract definitions between long and short layovers.

justanadd said:
NWA does this also. And believe it or not for the past few months they have been doing it for Rome!! Yes Italy!! They lost their contract or something like that and since the service is only seasonal they are double catering till it ends in October.
[post="304560"][/post]​
We don't double on all flights. Beverage only are doubled, but meal doubling is in select markets. CUN, CMH, ORD, IND & YYZ. EWR was supposed to be doubled, but I have yet to see it happen.

PHX-F/A said:
I don't know about US, but HP the Pilot and F/A hotel committees do not have approval power. They can only give input, then the Crew Accomdations department makes the decision. And it can be in complete opposition to what the committee recomended. They only real power is in the contract definitions between long and short layovers.
[post="306726"][/post]​

Pretty much the same on the US-East side - especially the last few years. Unilateral changes without notice seems to have become the norm.

Jim

I'm Sorry, but I got on some of the new hotels web sites and some are Not Too Pretty! Not in a downtown area, nothing to do, terrible! The New PHX looks Very Cheap!! heard we got a Great Deal In Scottsdale! Did HP have stock in Holiday Inns or something? :down: Not A Great Start to Make US Crews at least some what happy.

You folks crack me up. Most of our hotels are just fine. Be happy that you have a job.