Some Layovers Being Affected As A Result

Breath_of_Fresh_USAirways said:
So, how is this in any way the company's fault for saving money by double-catering?
[post="302547"][/post]​

Because, when supplies aren't sufficient for the return segment, the decision not to have catering supplies available at the out station (EWR in the example of multitasker) was management's.....

Jim

There is also another chronic problem, and that is trash management. Between passengers bringing their own food on board, the BOB food and normal trash there is a problem with trash on these flights. Often the space for the double provisioning comes at the expense of a trash cart, or at a minimum, space that could hold dry trash such as newspapers, etc.

hulagirl said:
they will do whatever they can to do things cheaply. Hotels,
[post="302514"][/post]​

Just found this out at America West contract training. We were advised by our training dept that they got an excellent rate on the hotel we were staying at that included the van to/from the airport and to class each day. It was a 25-35 minute ride to the hotel from the training center and there were 2 restaurants across the street (seafood place and pizza takeout) and everything else was a mile or more walk down a 4 lane highway with no sidewalks, but it was CHEAP! The hotel itself was nice, just nothing around it like the others usually used while training in CLT. I guess we should be thrilled we still only had 1 in a room. I understand HP does 2 in a room for training. :shock:

THe BOS/L hotel is just fine. Excellent staff, nice crew menu. If you want to go downtown, there is a subway T stop just down the street.

SAN/L is not in the downtown district, but close to Little Italy, and walking distance to the Trolley, or Horton Plza

DEN/L has been lousy ever since DIA opened up. Ever since we do not stay in downtown 10th st mall area, those were the days.

LAX/S just your typical LAX area hotel.

" I understand HP does 2 in a room for training. :shock:"

No, HP does not require 2 to a room for training. LAS bases FA's who travel to PHX for training get there own room and per diem for the 1 night stay and positive space travel to and from PHX.

US purchasing department, who handles the hotel stuff, got their walking papers last week. Blanche, Tom, and Mary.....gone. There's a ton of seniority there.

quote=etops1,Sep 17 2005, 08:21 PM]
CREW ACCOMMODATIONS UPDATE SEPTEMBER
AFA and ALPA have been notified by US Airways Travel Services
Department that effective October 1st, 2005 we will be
transitioning to six of America West hotels. The AFA and ALPA
Crew Accommodations Representatives from US Airways were not
involved in the decision to move to these facilities that had
been previously selected by America West and do not agree in the
way this decision was made. AFA and ALPA are currently
evaluating our options with regards to this decision and will
keep the membership posted of any changes.

The following cities are affected:

BOS/L
DEN/L
LAX/S
ORD/L
PHX/L
SAN/S

The OF-310 form is available on the HUB and the AFA web site.
Please take advantage of this with regards to your layovers,
while at work or home. Also, please ensure that your name and
e-mail address is correct so that we may reply to your concerns.

The AFA web site is not a secure site therefore the names of the
properties referred to in this e-line will be posted on the AFA
boards located in each domicile.

. i am really not worried for any xcept the phx layover. hp doesen't even layover in phx so i do not understand that one. it's one of the best layover's in the domestic system. i think we are gonna stay in mesa from now on instead of scottsdale. also curious to know where hp layover in bos and ord.
[post="302251"][/post]​
[/quote]

If you both want to survive changes need to be implemented. Everything can't really be as bad as they are reported on here. Look at the double provision, you both are doing it, in different ways. Let's look on the bright side!

jcw said:
This is true - however there needs to be things around the hotel and if it is a long layover downtown should be a must for crews to have places to eat etc. Sorry honey but i dont want to be eating in the hotel every time - I want something different - like to get out of my hotel room... It is absolutely amazing how Southwest, Continental, United and American as well as Others I am sure - have standards for their hotels, they get to stay at Hiltons and downtown on longs. It sickens me that they can't even do one nice thing for the crews!! Thats ok no one will want to do those trips and the bitching agains yet again!!! Way to fo MGMT!!! You might as well put is in springfield mass. and in the rockies etc... what a shame!!!

:angry: Just found out as of 10/1 we will no longer stay at the Marina in FLL. That was probably the last descent domestic layover we had left. Of course the Plantation and long MSY will probably never change. Is this a result of aligning with hp? Hopefully, hp does not have the "Holiday Inn" mentality that we have over here at U.

Let me just ask this as a point of arguement.....would you prefer to stay in a less convenient / less expensive hotel or take additional paycuts? The cost of buying fuel has to come from somewhere so it is either going to be doing business smarter, or your paycheck.....personally, if I were a crew member, I would prefer they keep their hands out of my wallet and stay at a cheaper hotel.

MarkMyWords said:
Let me just ask this as a point of arguement.....would you prefer to stay in a less convenient / less expensive hotel or take additional paycuts? The cost of buying fuel has to come from somewhere so it is either going to be doing business smarter, or your paycheck.....personally, if I were a crew member, I would prefer they keep their hands out of my wallet and stay at a cheaper hotel.
[post="303819"][/post]​

Let me just ask this as a point of argument, then, and not meant at you personally MMW. Why does it always come down to choosing what the employees will sacrifice? Are there no places in this company or operation to seek efficiencies other than employee pay, benefits, or quality of life at work?

Just food for thought....

Jim

I agree Jim....

And you've seen some of that already. Not mailing receipts is an example of lowering distrobution charges. I think everything is under the microscope. I would rather it be hotels (not just crews either...all the ccy types too.) and receipts then my wallet.

heyray said:
US purchasing department, who handles the hotel stuff, got their walking papers last week. Blanche, Tom, and Mary.....gone. There's a ton of seniority there.
quote=etops1,Sep 17 2005, 08:21 PM]
CREW ACCOMMODATIONS UPDATE SEPTEMBER
AFA and ALPA have been notified by US Airways Travel Services
Department that effective October 1st, 2005 we will be
transitioning to six of America West hotels. The AFA and ALPA
Crew Accommodations Representatives from US Airways were not
involved in the decision to move to these facilities that had
been previously selected by America West and do not agree in the
way this decision was made. AFA and ALPA are currently
evaluating our options with regards to this decision and will
keep the membership posted of any changes.

The following cities are affected:

BOS/L
DEN/L
LAX/S
ORD/L
PHX/L
SAN/S

The OF-310 form is available on the HUB and the AFA web site.
Please take advantage of this with regards to your layovers,
while at work or home. Also, please ensure that your name and
e-mail address is correct so that we may reply to your concerns.

The AFA web site is not a secure site therefore the names of the
properties referred to in this e-line will be posted on the AFA
boards located in each domicile.

. i am really not worried for any xcept the phx layover. hp doesen't even layover in phx so i do not understand that one. it's one of the best layover's in the domestic system. i think we are gonna stay in mesa from now on instead of scottsdale. also curious to know where hp layover in bos and ord.
[post="302251"][/post]​
[post="302865"][/post]​
[/quote]

Pilots and FA based in LAS utilize the PHX crew hotel