4 month voluntary furloughees coming back.

USAirBoyA330

Veteran
Aug 23, 2002
1,400 are due back Dec 1 off the original VF. There will be a VF 8 and I suspect at least 500 more will be either sent to MAA or furloughed in Dec.

At the end of September, aproximately 135 voluntary furloughees will be returning from a non-extendable VF. The company has said in former months that they foresaw a moderate increase in capacity during the month of October, and therefore, persons under the four month furlough could not extend, because the company will need them. Obviously, things are changing in September, as capacity will be reduced. On September 1st and 4th, 190 will be furloughed. Unless such an increase in capacity occurs in October, are we to believe that VF9 will come to fruition, due to the 135 coming back? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

----------------
On 8/10/2003 8:48:19 PM USAirBoyA330 wrote:

1,400 are due back Dec 1 off the original VF. There will be a VF 8 and I suspect at least 500 more will be either sent to MAA or furloughed in Dec.

----------------​

If I were to make a reasonable assumption, I would say that USAirBoyA330 specutlation is probable.

There will probably be VF8 without a doubt and VF9. With the impementation of thn ew Reserve system in November, will create 200 lost jobs initself. Dec. returnees don't help the situation, with more displacements in the horizon.

MDA will spur some flow of furloughees there, but not 500 by Dec or Jan. That will take more time. And God forbid, they don't work out a deal in PIT for mainline, that will cause a huge transfer, displacement and bumping situation.

More major management induced headaches and anxiety for the employees. So much for helping employee morale...

Since these are similar in topic, the thread is moved and the original one will be deleted. Please continue both topics here. Thanks.

exusairways

Total Posts: 11
Last Post: 8/10/2003
Subscribe to this author

Does anybody know how many voluntary furloughees are eligible to come back in December? Furthermore, has anybody got the number of voluntary furloughees who have opted to extend as of now?

To All,

When you folks are talking VF, are you discussing flight attendants or customer service people?

Time for a new hire story..:0

Scene:new hire, 5/19/03....gradually adjusting to new airline life..whatever that maybe today..
When non reving- this past weekend, DID NOT GET SEATS,to their destination (I will not say out of what station),SHE THREW A HISSY FIT, I'm being polite about it..

Swore at the gate agents, I think you all can picture this,especially with her children present....

Final outcome, pass privileges suspended, our spvr was gracious enough to ALLOW her to FLY BACK HOME ...NO CHARGE...
Today SHE WAS NOT ON THE WORK SKED>>>

F)I)R)E)D)!!!!

This company is getting what they have paid for....
Updates:2 Quit, 1 broomed...

So another chapter in the saga of the industry.
16.gif