E-190 Recalls

algflyr

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
The company has indeed sent letters to everyone on the APL list (including all former CEL pilots). These latest letters are for the 190 only and were sent out very recently. After these 190 positions are filled, there will be additional recalls for the Boeing and Airbus. The following is from the Furlough Administrator:

The company is in the process of sending out letters for a recall to the 190 FO positions. They will recall 26 pilots for the 190 from now through December. They will additionally recall an additional 164 pilots to Group 2 or better aircraft later in the year. The letters going out now are ONLY for the 190 positions. The additional slots will be filled after the 190 positions are filled.

Pilots still have the ability to bypass the 190 FO position as long as they like. If you accept a 190 position and you have not begun Indoc class, you can subsequently get a better aircraft if your seniority allows. However once you begin training you are locked into the 190 for 12 months from when you begin Indoc.

If you pass on the 190, the additional 164 positions will be filled in seniority starting from the top of the list again so you will have another opportunity for recall. If you decide to pass on the 190 and you don't get one of the 164 positions and there are junior people to you who have accepted a position on the 190, you cannot later change
your mind and bump them out of a position.

Some letters were sent out Friday and the remainder will go out this
week.

I received the April 4th letter (my second in the last month or so from USAir) today. It says they are recalling 26 to the E190 between April and December. It says subsequent letters should be coming to staff 164 additional Group I and II F/O positions.

Obviously, with any E190 recalls, I will bypass. The pay is simply far too low.

I received the April 4th letter (my second in the last month or so from USAir) today. It says they are recalling 26 to the E190 between April and December. It says subsequent letters should be coming to staff 164 additional Group I and II F/O positions.

Obviously, with any E190 recalls, I will bypass. The pay is simply far too low.

Amen, and with the current contract, group II on reserve is simply too low (as opposed to "far"). :lol:

Just as an update on where they are in the recalls...

The May 21st class has been filled. Junior pilot was number 4109 (APL# 1330) with a DOH of 7-15-99.

There are 21 positions left to be filled in the June 11th class. Not sure where they are in that but I know of one pilot that was offered that class and passed. His DOH was 8-3-99.

Latest posts