767 Envoy Class Reconfigured?

Folks,

The fact is it IS 18 seats with the reconfig.

I guess that no one read the China Application. It clearly states in there that the new 767 configuration will be with 18 Envoy seats. The things is, however, that the net gain is only 1 seat according to the China application. That means that they are removing 1 row of Envoy and replacing it with 1 row of coach. So...in front of the exit rows should be pretty good pitch. Considering the whole coach section is 32" pitch, the pitch should be pretty nice after the reconfig.

Check out the China Application....it shows the new Envoy Seats which look really nice.

PHL 1755 CLT 1943 B767-200 1:48 18/186 Daily 0 This is the flight schedule for the return part of the CLT-PHL-PEK proposal. The 18/186 is the number the 18 Envoy/ 186 coach.

Check out page 90 of the application if you can find it for the new seats and amenities

http://www.badongo.com/file/3940187

I think that this works as a link to the China Application.

Pages of note are 56 (there it shows the A340 config, showing the same exact config as the old A330-300 config...meaning the 6 up front lie flat seats, 36 regular envoy, and the rest of coach as 33-34" pitch (the A340-300 is the same length and width as the A330-300)

Page 57 with the 767-200 config with 18 Envoy/186 coach.

Page 58 shows passenger predictions

Pages 89-91 show the new Envoy seats in the 767 and other enhancements.

According to the China application, the new Envoy seats will only be installed on the 767's. Which, ironically enough, won't be flying the proposed route. The A330/340's will continue on with the old envoy seats. The new seats are indeed an improvement over the current seats, though i'm not sure how they'll fare against the forthcoming Business upgrades from DAL/AMR and UAL. And why exactly would you not put your best product on your longest-flying aircraft, the A340 rather than 10 tired 767-200's? And since LCC is applying for the 2009 frequency, this would enable them to order the A340's with the new seats already installed, rather than having the old Envoy.

I thank you for offering the final word on this. I have heard the New Envoy seating is really nice. To bad I don't believe a word they say anymore.

Ah yes - but since the flights are always cancelled - you won't ever get to experience the nice new seats.

The A330/340's will continue on with the old envoy seats. The new seats are indeed an improvement over the current seats, though i'm not sure how they'll fare against the forthcoming Business upgrades from DAL/AMR and UAL.
The existing 330's have much newer Envoy seats than the old 767 ones. 160 degrees of recline vs. 150 and 60" of pitch vs 55". There has been nothing written about the Envoy seating of the future A330's being delivered in 2009, but if they're smart they'll bring them in with similar seats to the 767 and then reconfig the existing 330's in the 2008-2009 off season (like they're doing the 767's this year).

UAL by far will have the nicest lie-flat (truely flat) biz seats for any domestic carrier. The AA 767-300 seats are over half way done, but many are complaining about them. Ironically, they are very similar to the ones US is putting in the 762's. Are Delta's real lie-flat/horizontal or are they going to be more like the AA and US ones?

ETOPS,

They could have 24 if they sacrificed a few coach seats, but then again, premium customers be damned......must have seats for the Kettles.

I love Ma & PA Kettle!!! :up:

Question is though...... you willing to pay for the extra seats or just want upgraded?

No offense to anyone, but you can't upgrade everyone...someone has to pay for those seats.

That is why they got rid of the last two rows of Envoy on the A330. NOBODY was willing to pay for it.

Although, I do agree that ffs deserve upgrades at times......the airline has to make money too.

I love Ma & PA Kettle!!! :up:

Question is though...... you willing to pay for the extra seats or just want upgraded?

No offense to anyone, but you can't upgrade everyone...someone has to pay for those seats.

That is why they got rid of the last two rows of Envoy on the A330. NOBODY was willing to pay for it.

Although, I do agree that ffs deserve upgrades at times......the airline has to make money too.

IF - and this is a big IF - they offered a product that was worth a premium price at a competitive fare - I would consider paying for it. But no one in their right mind would pay for what they try to pass off these days as "Premium Service". - If I was going to spend that kind of money I would fly an airline that actually offers a true premium service cabin - not the joke that Envoy is.

While it's something of a generalization, the truth is that the average FF does pay for those seats through the higher average fares they pay. The latest I've seen comes from UA, but it gives an indication of how much the average FF is worth to the bottom line - 8% of UA's passengers generate 36% of UA's revenue. No "what are they really saying" "revenue premium" phrases - $36 of every $100 in passenger revenue comes from that 8%.

So the question really is how much does the airline value that small percentage of passengers? Without their dollars, the airline disappears (picture the 2nd quarter results if revenue dropped even 15% or about $450 million - US would have lost money in the historically strongest quarter).

In effect, those FF's have paid for their "free" upgrade on the installment plan every time they buy a ticket. They stop getting that "free" upgrade often enough and they take their dollars elsewhere.

Jim

IF - and this is a big IF - they offered a product that was worth a premium price at a competitive fare - I would consider paying for it. But no one in their right mind would pay for what they try to pass off these days as "Premium Service". - If I was going to spend that kind of money I would fly an airline that actually offers a true premium service cabin - not the joke that Envoy is.

Okay, every one is crying "Premium" what do YOU want?

You get free drinks, somewhat comfortable seats, Envoy cabins are pretty roomy, china, glassware, meals aren't bad....What would be "Premium" to you?

Seriously, just asking.......

I am going to answer my own question....

I will get s&*t for this, but....

One "Upgrade" would be younger more pleasant flight attendants.

Not that I have anything against "older" flight attendants, but most of our international girls are worn out and miserable.

Again, YOU can answer my last question Piney...as anyone else can as well.

What do YOU want in a "premium" service.

Many post have ffs and even some employees crying about our lack of service in Envoy, yet I have seen NO suggestions whatsoever.......or what anybody thinks a "Premium" service/product should be.

Latest posts

Back