a little for everyone, except!

sky high states: You got that right. US1. USAirways, no longer cares that it provides CREW MEALS for it's flight crew/flight attendants. Between short ground times and cleaning of the aircraft, buying FOOD in the terminal is moot. Imagine working 4 to 5 LEGS in ONE day, all 50 minute turns..making it a 12 hour day. SQUEEZE in your daily nourishment. Huh?
only stating opinions.
How does SWA do it? This is what we used to do.Imagine 7,8 or 10 legs.
A little less of greasy PIT inspired crew meals is a good thing. "Monte Christo"sandwich anyone?

I'll take 50 minute turns over 3.5 hour sits any day. And nobody EVER ate the crew meals anyway.

And, BTW , you won't be "squeezing" into anything if you keep eating that Pecan Pie. Oink!

:mf_boff:

sky high states: NOBODY ever ate the crew meals anyway?
LOL....LOL. your seriously WRONG. How many Pilots turned them down? Huh? Were YOU ever a new hire? Bringing home a minimum paycheck? Ever have a Burlington stop-over? Awesome crewmeal!! 8 legs on the BAC 1-11 and you're only time to eat was THE CREWMEAL?
Oink? dont ASSume anything, RDU.

only stating opinions.

How does SWA do it? This is what we used to do.Imagine 7,8 or 10 legs.
A little less of greasy PIT inspired crew meals is a good thing. "Monte Christo"sandwich anyone?

sky high states: Taking the crew meal away was a good thing? Ooooo,kkkkk. Just remember to say your name, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR, when the next contract is RATIFIED.
You will NEVER GET BACK what you gave up.....is that a good thing too?

only stating opinions.

sky high states: NOBODY ever ate the crew meals anyway?
LOL....LOL. your seriously WRONG. How many Pilots turned them down? Huh? Were YOU ever a new hire? Bringing home a minimum paycheck? Ever have a Burlington stop-over? Awesome crewmeal!! 8 legs on the BAC 1-11 and you're only time to eat was THE CREWMEAL?
Oink? dont ASSume anything, RDU.
only stating opinions.
sky high states: Taking the crew meal away was a good thing? Ooooo,kkkkk. Just remember to say your name, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR, when the next contract is RATIFIED.
You will NEVER GET BACK what you gave up.....is that a good thing too?
only stating opinions.
Never said the crew meal was a bad thing, just said that nobody ever ate it. It was a nice gesture, but be real. (And you are right, I have *NEVER* seen a pilot turn one down, I was speaking of the FA's.... :lol: )

To answer your questions, I was a new hire (weren't you??), I did bring home a minimum paycheck, had a BTV stop- over (Is that the same as a layover?), not on the -111, but many DC9's, with 6 legs, and I am still alive. I managed to eat, and not those nasty crew meals. Packed healthy food, too.

Listen, I agree that even a CREW MEAL should not be given up, and that we should demand many of our lost "benefits" back. I am on board. I am as mad as a rabid dog, just like you. I was simply stating that I truly enjoy a 4 leg day with :52 minute turns; it gets me home, and somehow, I have not starved to death.

Just remember to say your name, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR, when the next contract is RATIFIED.
You will NEVER GET BACK what you gave up.
Not in my life time. No that's not true. Hopefully in my life time. I do believe that we will get our "stuff" back eventually. Crew meals specificaly were never one of my favourites so you have me there. If I must stand up and proclaim my name at the next election - OK. I state.

I remember in my early days at AWA grabbing a large bag of peanut packs as that would be my only meal until the next payday. Starting to be that way again. :(
And you still cry! :lol: At that time that was your bonus and pay, Peanuts :shock: . Cost of living 3% or better each year for the last 5 years, Now if I use the math I learned, 5x3%=15% just to be at the same pay 5 years ago.. Can any one feel me now. F this Arizona math....DP needs a class on right and wrong just where is his morals? (Definition: personal principles, standards) O' well do I need to go further!!!!!By the time all this is said and done we all will be a well polished brass band if WE EAST and WEST let them do it to us. barbeetantrums don't give up, Its time to stand and fight! :up: WE have a Larger family now if the EAST will start to see US as family and WE start the same!!!IMHO I think they can see some of what we on the west have had to deal with now and with what they have had to deal with was hard too, So We east/west need to stand as one and fight for us all and that goes for the smallest out station with UNION brothers no one gets thrown under the wheels. STAND YOUR GROUND FOR YOUR UNION BROTHERS And remember Union.(Definition:The act of uniting or the state of being united.
A combination so formed, especially an alliance or confederation of people, parties, or political entities for mutual interest or benefit.
Mathematics. A set, every member of which is an element of one or another of two or more given sets.
Agreement or harmony resulting from the uniting of individuals; concord.)
:up: Have a nice day.

As for me, when the industry removes the human factor altogether, travel will be a much more enjoyable burden to bear. Bring on the pilotless drones...
And this is why job actions and labor disputes are so affective because of the must have human factor. No human labor involvement is managements dream.Highly likely any time soon
p.s.
do you have a pension

Listen, I agree that even a CREW MEAL should not be given up, and that we should demand many of our lost "benefits" back. I am on board. I am as mad as a rabid dog, just like you. I was simply stating that I truly enjoy a 4 leg day with :52 minute turns; it gets me home, and somehow, I have not starved to death.

sky high states: It's NOT the crew meal per say. It's the fact that they fed us. We've all had horrendous days. Anyone remember having your Captain order crew meals when operations prevented you from eating a decent meal? It's the gesture, the company took care of you (in a small way). Many, many F/A's seeked employment with this company for that very reason. It was known in the industry, that USAir was a great company to WORK for.

Yes, RDU, we've been forced to adapt to our new working conditions, that's why you see most F/A's carrying a lunch cooler now. When's the last time you ordered room service? I cant remember. Years probably.
And, yet, we have a freq. flyer (US1)begrudge that fact, that when pie is left over, we partake. I think he secretly wants a SECOND SLICE.

ONLY stating opinions

It's too bad all the crybabies on here can't debate like adults, probably the reason why there is no intelligent debate on this site anymore

The only crybaby I see here is you. You feel as if your opinion is the only one that needs understanding...Pity...

Be a little more open minded.

Why, so we can take the big load of BS you shell out!!!
No way, not in my lifetime...

Believe it or not, you are a commodity, your labor is just another line on the balance sheet

Wrong bucko... I am a safety professional, and don't you forget it...

If you really want to know what is happening to your jobs, maybe ask some pointed questions and follow-up, rather than bash those that don't agree with you.

If you hadn't noticed. This site is a sounding board for venting your frustration. And pointed questions can only be answered by the ones that can do something about it...
Period...

You may just learn something.

From you...I doubt it...

In my humble opinion, airline employees will p*ss and moan all summer, with the effect of making every airline a pain to fly.

You finally had something intellectual to say. Bravo..
"WE ARE MAD AS HELL AND WE AREN'T GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"

The sympathy you seek will disappear in a heartbeat.

Not if I can help it...

As for me, when the industry removes the human factor altogether, travel will be a much more enjoyable burden to bear.

If ya don't like to fly...drive...No, you are the kind of person that's loaded with road rage...Better yet...take a bus!!!
Bring on the pilotless drones...

What kind if Quack wants to fly on an airplane run by computer? YOU... More power to ya. Why don't you volunteer your services. Make yourself useful..

There,

That pretty much covers your intellectual ability Q-boy...

Just my opinion...

If you hadn't noticed. This site is a sounding board for venting your frustration.

Well, if that's all it is you certainly did a good job in your response. I thought it was an open forum where adults could discuss and debate the industry, and maybe learn a thing or two.

For example, I think crying poverty in the media is a mistake, given the value of the fringe benefits the public perceives you have (which are minimal I know - but I don't speak for everyone). Attacking management personally makes you look pathetic and it probably p*sses them off. Your best bet is to let your union leadership make intelligent proposals to management and work towards your goals. How can you expect stronger morale and a better relationship, when every other union member bashes anyone not part of a CBA?

Well, A lot of you get what I am saying , but there are a few that will never get it. Management has put USAIRWAYS logo on everything, napkins, peanut packages, biscoff cookies wrappers, they're painting the aircraft, the new colors, they have money to do all of these things and still put huge amounts of money by way of bonuses, pension packages and stock options for themselves, BUT, nothing for the employees. Give me the money back, that they took from me from all the concessions, plus my pension and good health care and I'll shut up...........I don't see anyone from management worrying about how their going to pay their bills. None of them lost their homes or had to move into a smaller home. But I know employees who did. I WANT MY MONEY BACK. Once again we see the GREED from management that will be the down fall of this airline. Parker's not here to to make this company prosper, he's here to make himself rich, as fast as he can, then he'll be gone. Just like the rest of them, Wolfe, Gangwal, Lakefield, Seigel. You still have confidence in this management team, I don't.