A matter of hours, anticipated announcement merger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you honestly think that the AA F/As and pilots (or any AA employee group for that matter) will work for that trash you call compensation?

:up: Damn, that's funny!

Not only will they work for it, but they will work for it everytime they get more taken away.

As for reinstatement of TWA F/A seniority, AA F/As are not Piedmont F/As.
Yes but Karma is one BIG B!tch and one day the TWA f/a's will have their say (somehow some way) as the rest of the industry stands up and applauds. I hope like hell that US has no involvement with AA in the next round of consolodation, I honestly don't think any employee in this industry wants anything to do with AA in any way. AA has done nothing good for anything or anyone in this industry but possibly cause heartache and pain and one day when the "nAAtives" get their chance to eat a big ole slice of humble pie you can rest assured their won't be too many in the industry to offer any water to help it down easier.

:up: Damn, that's funny!

Not only will they work for it, but they will work for it everytime they get more taken away.
A little comparison (from airlinepilotcentral.com)

Topped out AA captain: 737 makes $163/hr. Topped out US captain: 737 makes $125/hr
Topped out AA captain: 767 makes $177/hr. Topped out US captain: 767 makes $144/hr
Topped out AA captain: 777 makes $202/hr. Topped out US captain: A-330 makes $160/hr.

Note: Topped out AA 737 captain makes more than topped out US A-330 captain.

Add to this the fact that the AA pilots still have that lucrative A fund pension (AA pensions are about 94% funded) plus retirement medical; US pilots gave up their pension and retirement medical. Regarding scope, the US pilots permit 70 seaters out the ying yang at the regionals. Where AA pilots only allow a miniscule 25 70 seaters (jets- the ATR 60 seaters were grandfathered in)to be flown at Eagle.
AA pilots have by far the best contract among the 6 legacies. Even with all of this they are going to burn it down. So, no, they will not work for US compensation. Hell, they are demanding 50% rate increases, no code sharing, and no commuters. This Lloyd Hill is AA's version of UA's Dubinsky.

As for ramp I make over $20/hr with pension, retirement medical, better benefits and scope. My counterpart at US makes $17/hr, lost pension and retirement medical, and vastly inferior scope and benefits. I would not stick around for that crap.

Actually the ramp has the IAM National Pension fund, the DBP was frozen back in 1992 pre-union and terminated in 2005, and the ramp got the IAMNPF back in 2002.

And at US they dont prefund the retirement medical like you do at AA.

Actually the ramp has the IAM National Pension fund, the DBP was frozen back in 1992 pre-union and terminated in 2005, and the ramp got the IAMNPF back in 2002.

And at US they dont prefund the retirement medical like you do at AA.
No, they don't prefund at US; they just have to pay between $600-$700 a month if they want it when they retire. I'll stick to my prefunding of $20 a month and then pay nothing when I retire.

Yes but Karma is one BIG B!tch and one day the TWA f/a's will have their say (somehow some way) as the rest of the industry stands up and applauds. I hope like hell that US has no involvement with AA in the next round of consolodation, I honestly don't think any employee in this industry wants anything to do with AA in any way. AA has done nothing good for anything or anyone in this industry but possibly cause heartache and pain and one day when the "nAAtives" get their chance to eat a big ole slice of humble pie you can rest assured their won't be too many in the industry to offer any water to help it down easier.
Q: What do TWA and US people have in common?

A: They both expect to repair their failed careers on the backs of others.

I don't think the UA or DL people will be "applauding" when the TWAers "have their say" (whatever that means). You tried to do to UA and DL what the TWAers tried to do to us.

We remember during the proposed UA merger when you US F/As were asking the UA F/As how much seniority was required to get the choice trips. Didn't UA F/As try to oust the AFA because of your lust for their routes? Were not the US pilots calling UA for the B747-400 manual because they fully expected to fly them? Got news for you, there is a thing called career expectations. At US you could have never expected to fly to Asia just as the US pilots could have never expected to fly the B747-400 is US colors. TWA brought 9 767s to the transaction but their pilots demanded access to ALL of AA 100+ widebodies and the TWA F/As felt they should be able to fly routes like DFW-NRT, ORD-NRT, ORD-PVG, etc.
AA has done plenty of good for the TWAers. About 35% are right now working for AA making top pay with a pension and retirement medical (unlike you) and they carried over their sick time from TWA along with how much vacation they get. They may b1tch because they were not able to "get it all" at the expense of the nAAtives but the alternative they faced was having nothing on the street. Those who did get laid off (almost all)have recall rights to top pay and they got max severance (except the F/As) when they did get laid off (which they would not have had if AA didn't step in).
The only way AA will involve itself in US is if US shuts down completely and liquidates. They take gates, slots, and routes then hire massively off the streets; starting at the bottom of the pay scale and seniority lists.

How tiresome. Why don't you liquidate back over to your own board? No one to flAAme over there?

US Airways is like some of today's celebrities. Everyone claims to hate them and goes on about how talentless they are, but they continue to read and follow every event with bated breath and seem to have nothing else to talk about.

How tiresome. Why don't you liquidate back over to your own board? No one to flAAme over there?

US Airways is like some of today's celebrities. Everyone claims to hate them and goes on about how talentless they are, but they continue to read and follow every event with bated breath and seem to have nothing else to talk about.
US is no big deal. It is the laughing stalk of the industry. But what is even more laughable was the post that got me started in this thread about how US was going to acquire AA in bankruptcy and then reinstate the TWA F/As seniority. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

US is no big deal. It is the laughing stalk of the industry. But what is even more laughable was the post that got me started in this thread about how US was going to acquire AA in bankruptcy and then reinstate the TWA F/As seniority. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At Least We Are Caring To An Extent..Your Airline Is Just GUTLESS!! :down:

We are getting dangerously close to personal attacks here people.

Get back on topic and leave the personal comments OUT.

Q: What do TWA and US people have in common?

A: They both expect to repair their failed careers on the backs of others.

I don't think the UA or DL people will be "applauding" when the TWAers "have their say" (whatever that means). You tried to do to UA and DL what the TWAers tried to do to us.

We remember during the proposed UA merger when you US F/As were asking the UA F/As how much seniority was required to get the choice trips. Didn't UA F/As try to oust the AFA because of your lust for their routes? Were not the US pilots calling UA for the B747-400 manual because they fully expected to fly them? Got news for you, there is a thing called career expectations. At US you could have never expected to fly to Asia just as the US pilots could have never expected to fly the B747-400 is US colors. TWA brought 9 767s to the transaction but their pilots demanded access to ALL of AA 100+ widebodies and the TWA F/As felt they should be able to fly routes like DFW-NRT, ORD-NRT, ORD-PVG, etc.
AA has done plenty of good for the TWAers. About 35% are right now working for AA making top pay with a pension and retirement medical (unlike you) and they carried over their sick time from TWA along with how much vacation they get. They may b1tch because they were not able to "get it all" at the expense of the nAAtives but the alternative they faced was having nothing on the street. Those who did get laid off (almost all)have recall rights to top pay and they got max severance (except the F/As) when they did get laid off (which they would not have had if AA didn't step in).
The only way AA will involve itself in US is if US shuts down completely and liquidates. They take gates, slots, and routes then hire massively off the streets; starting at the bottom of the pay scale and seniority lists.
enjoying your week there while US ,UA and the rest of the laughing stock airlines bail you out....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back