A matter of hours, anticipated announcement merger

Status
Not open for further replies.
US Airways is like some of today's celebrities. Everyone claims to hate them and goes on about how talentless they are, but they continue to read and follow every event with bated breath and seem to have nothing else to talk about.

AAmen :up:

Who is #2 in the southeast and #1 in the Northeast? US Airways.

AA has ~9+- Destinations in Europe?
US has 19?

19? Isn't that the number of times U has been in bankruptcy?
No, not BK. Maybe more like the number of times we've come back from the brink. More like a survivor rather than say I don't know, a preditor, or maybe a vulture.

delta and nw just officially anounced ual and coa to announce at midnight and us and american still undecided on what to do. delta and nw already have a website up . www.newglobalairline.com

delta and nw just officially anounced ual and coa to announce at midnight and us and american still undecided on what to do. delta and nw already have a website up . www.newglobalairline.com

Fasten those seat belts a little more, we're in for one Hell of a ride!

Word is UAL and CAL might announce their merger at midnight tonight. I knew things were going to move fast and furiously, but damn!

ok this is getting crazy. this is not confirmed but i just got a call from a good source that airfrance is blocking the coa ual annoouncemnt because cal belongs to skyteam. now i do not know if this can be done. can someone confirm?

Foreign Airlines cannot stop a US merger.

I guess we'll find out soon enough if US Airways has any comments..maybe this was the "big announcement" that was being discussed earlier?

Can US up the ante for either carrier or attempt to block this from happening?

US is not going to stop any merger. In fact just the opposite they want carriers to merge. Less competition equals more money!!

AAmen :up:

Who is #2 in the southeast and #1 in the Northeast? US Airways.

AA has ~9+- Destinations in Europe?
US has 19?

I count a few destinations that AA doesn't currently serve and they are way up there in the who gives a crap list...
-Glaskow
-Shannon
-Venice
-Munich
-Athens
-Lisbon

There is only one that I don't understand why AA doesn't serve and that's Amsterdam. That's pretty much it. Should we start counting all the destinations in the Pacific and Latin American US can't even dream of serving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back