AA employees get 4% raises

WorldTraveler said:
no, despite the perceived unity of AA labor leaders, frontline AA employees are smart enough to realize their total compensation is nowhere near industry leading and the reason is profit sharing at other carriers
Uh yes it is , what is the value of the DL fa's totall agreement????? Your profit sharing theory has now been shot to hell!!

diamondcutter said:
Uh yes it is , what is the value of the DL fa's totall agreement????? Your profit sharing theory has now been shot to hell!!
WT has made it clear that he is basing his "industry leading" assessment solely on the wages + profit sharing, ignoring the cost of significantly more protective work rules in the new AA contract. Comp + PS is not how anyone in the industry, on the union or management side, costs a contract, or in Delta's case, assigned work rules.

The AA contract was worth more total value even before this 4% raise, and even with DL having profit sharing.

No sense batting it back and forth any longer.  

Congratulations on the wage increase, AA!  You certainly deserve it!  Everyone enjoy the holidays...

i am truly motivated today, as i wait for my boat to come in....... thank you TWU and the IAM for not doing a thing for maintenance i could not get rid of you fast enough... 

swamt said:
What stood out to me was the phrase the company used about Profit Sharing, they were gonna offer PS to the pilots outside of arbitration.  Like I said before this is why AA would not agree to any "me-too" clauses.  Yes it does look like AA is willing to place all their groups 7% above Delta's groups. Anyone know what Delta mechs are paid?  What's their base, because we all know that's where it will be calculated then add on all the premiums, diffs and longevity.  Great to see Parker delivering industry leading pay for his groups.  Where would this put the mechanics at AA with 7% over Delta and United?
does not apply to AMTs.

All well & good.

Again:

Would it kill you to just let them enjoy their time in the sun?
as long as they don't say industry leading
we hear endlessly that WN employees are at the top of the heap... and these raises don't change that.
AS DAs just got an industry leading raise.
someone isn't telling the truth esp since A labor leaders want to pretend there aren't multiple airline labor groups getting 10+% profit sharing.

congrats on the raise.

just don't say your compensation is industry leading

bunt3dunk said:
It doesn't make up for what we lost in profit sharing !
I beg to differ.  At this point it is better.  For contract labor that have already voted in JSBC's, they will enjoy 7% increases over Delta.  Delta's PS was 8%.  It's only off by 1%, AND, with the 7% increase of wages it will be an ongoing gain in all future contract negotiated % of raises as these are compounded. And the employees can choose how to invest the 7% as they see fit.  Another thing, PS is never a givin each and every single year, the airline must post profits to get PS.  Congrats to all the labor groups with the raises.  I honestly think this was done to get the rest of the groups faster thru JSCBA's.  Enjoy your industry leading contracts...

WorldTraveler said:
no, despite the perceived unity of AA labor leaders, frontline AA employees are smart enough to realize their total compensation is nowhere near industry leading and the reason is profit sharing at other carriers
You are a sick individual WT, a very very sick individual....and Merry Christmas to you too scrooge!

So, those of us represented by the TWU, or IAM, or the "Association", is our 4% going to retro back to today's announcement date??

AANOTOK said:
You are a sick individual WT, a very very sick individual....and Merry Christmas to you too scrooge!
You'll have to excuse WT, it's been a tough week, fuel hedging gone bad, gun running on DL planes out of Mecca, downsizing at CVG, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria...

AANOTOK said:
A very sick individual indeed!!!! His fixation and narcissisim about his former airline should be cause for concern!!!

Makes you really feel appreciated by the company if your happen to be in one of those groups who yet to have a joint contract.....Just keep driving the wedge between the groups!!!  But yes many fortunate few will once again enjoy that fine Holiday Feast while working the Holidays....Just feeling extra warm and fuzzy this holiday season....Usair/American mechanics, proud to be the lowest paid in the industry!!!

As someone who works for a company who pays profit sharing, trust me when I say that you're almost surely better off taking the $ as part of your regular salary.  Profits come and go, vary in size, can be easily impacted by one-time charges, etc. and are not a reliable source of regular income.  In addition, with the $ baked into salary, you get the compounding effect of future year increases, etc.

The company I work for made a nice profit this year as far as Wall St is concerned.  However, we didn't meet our "internal" numbers.  Therefore, no profit sharing.  Everyone is very upset.  I would much rather have had more baked into my salary to not have to deal with the ups and downs of profit sharing.

Back