AA/US Seniorty list out

Status
Not open for further replies.
MetalMover said:
In the case of AA/TWA...that is what happened with the exception of the TWU/IAM who had their seniority issue determined by an arbitrator. The other workgroups had their seniorities determined by a court.
I understand , so apfa did the right thing my putting them at the bottom. I guess apfa didn't have a choice.

diamondcutter said:
I understand , so apfa did the right thing my putting them at the bottom. I guess apfa didn't have a choice.
Did you or anyone ever think that is what their membership wanted? Seniority is a major factor and everyone wants whats theirs....There will always be winners and losers...

Reactions: 1 person
MetalMover said:
Did you or anyone ever think that is what their membership wanted? Seniority is a major factor and everyone wants whats theirs....There will always be winners and losers...
Would you feel the same way if you were on the other side of the fence with 35yrs seniority? Instead of coming on here and defending it , a little sympathy goes along way.

diamondcutter said:
Would you feel the same way if you were on the other side of the fence with 35yrs seniority? Instead of coming on here and defending it , a little sympathy goes along way.
Of course I would feel the same way.. I would want my seniority . They would want theirs. But only one party could prevail. In that case, we prevailed somewhat.
And yes, I do refer to AA's purchase of TWA. Prior to 9/11 AA was financially strong. TWA was not.. Do you really think TWA would have survived on its own?

MetalMover said:
Of course I would feel the same way.. I would want my seniority . They would want theirs. But only one party could prevail. In that case, we prevailed somewhat.
And yes, I do refer to AA's purchase of TWA. Prior to 9/11 AA was financially strong. TWA was not.. Do you really think TWA would have survived on its own?
So then the financially stronger airline should put them at the bottom ,, hmmm sounds like US/AA

FWAAA said:
Compared to those who fly the planes, that was a fast seniority list integration.   Lightning fast.   Congrats.

My thoughts exactly.

USFlyer said:
1957?  Wow, that's someone who's certainly seen a lot of change over her/his career!
No kidding! It'd make for a helluva a book.

nycbusdriver said:
1957.  Wow!   Assuming getting hired at 18 years old, that makes this person about 75 now, with a 57 year career (so far.)  Pretty amazing on many levels.
NW brought a 1951 hire to the party. Amazing indeed.

diamondcutter said:
So then the financially stronger airline should put them at the bottom ,, hmmm sounds like US/AA
Not quite.......Merger NOT purchase...... US did NOT buy AA's assets...
AA PURCHASED TWA ON THEIR DEATH BED....
Besides, because the union leadership wanted this merger so badly, they would have agreed to anything. So the unions already agreed on seniority merging.
That is not what happened at TWA....Sorry, it is what it is.

diamondcutter said:
Had the totally opposite occurred with AA/TWA, would YOU AND YOUR TWA BRETHREN HAD SYMPATHY ON THOSE AAERS WHO GOT KNOCKED TO THE BOTTOM OR LAID OFF?

MetalMover said:
Not quite.......Merger NOT purchase...... US did NOT buy AA's assets...
AA PURCHASED TWA ON THEIR DEATH BED....
Besides, because the union leadership wanted this merger so badly, they would have agreed to anything. So the unions already agreed on seniority merging.
That is not what happened at TWA....Sorry, it is what it is.
You are right it is what it is and will never change!! My point is that it's just not right no matter how you would like to spin it!

MetalMover said:
Had the totally opposite occurred with AA/TWA, would YOU AND YOUR TWA BRETHREN HAD SYMPATHY ON THOSE AAERS WHO GOT KNOCKED TO THE BOTTOM OR LAID OFF?
I know I did! I don't care what the name of the airline is!

diamondcutter said:
You are right it is what it is and will never change!! My point is that it's just not right no matter how you would like to spin it!
Here's the thing the TWAers think it's not right. But the AAers do think it is right. Should one side's opinion be more important than the other?

MetalMover said:
Here's the thing the TWAers think it's not right. But the AAers do think it is right. Should one side's opinion be more important than the other?
Sure opinions are fine as long as they don't affect ones job.

APFA did not represent TWA F/A's! APFA only represented AA F/A's, and did what was in there members best interest

This was a topic about AA/US sen list and again its been takes over by TWA.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts