US Airways System Wide F/A Seniority List Effective July 2007

I know a handful of our SR F/As that could run circles around any new hire. Lets try to be respectful and know we MIGHT be in that same position one day.

What I'm hearing here is an appalling lack of empathy.

God forbid anyone on this board gets injured while at work and finds themself gimpping about because the company automaticly denies all claims for OJI. And they do.

You could get tossed across the aircraft during turbulence and land upside down, break bones, dislocate joints and spew blood and the company will still deny your OJI claim.

They are SOB's where this concerned. And it is a well documented fact that f/a's are at a very high risk for injury.

These kind of injuries you never get over. And this is what you are seeing. You tear your back up...Lord have mercy.

I messed my back up a couple of years ago and I couldn't walk for weeks!! And ####..I screwed my back up at home!!

So my little chickadees, you had better think twice before you make such naive and insulting remarks about senior f/a's. Shame on you.

More than likely they are dealing with injuries that they have been dealing with for a while.

Oh, and god forbid they put on some weight. Let's see how you fare after years of over exposure to gamma radiation that impacts your thyroid gland that not only controls your weight but your fertility as well. Hello??!! ;)

I know a handful of our SR F/As that could run circles around any new hire. Lets try to be respectful and know we MIGHT be in that same position one day.

Thank you.

Isn't it a question of reserves not becoming B/H fast enough to satisfy job expectations? Doesn't everyone who signs up to become a F/A expect some day to be a B/H?
Hiring was going great up until 9/11(the streets of PIT were becoming deserted from hiring for the U.)

Isn't it a question of reserves not becoming B/H fast enough to satisfy job expectations? Doesn't everyone who signs up to become a F/A expect some day to be a B/H?
Hiring was going great up until 9/11(the streets of PIT were becoming deserted from hiring for the U.)
Someday- YES, 18 years- NO. Isn't it really a question of the rsv's have no seniority anymore. Imagine doing that to a BH. Take a trip, then wait until every other BH catches up to your time. RSV was fine, when there was at least some seniority in the book. Senoir BH get the better trips, don't senior rsv's deserve the same?

Sounds like a few people on this thread have seniority-envy. To propose that anyone "has to go" because of their years of service is absurd!

Without sounding "disrepectful" there are a great number of flight attendants that simply cannot perform the duties required of them. I absolutely love working with some of our senior (time with company) flight attendants and listening to their stories. Let's be honest here though. I understand the reason why so many are still here. I don't think you should be looked down upon for staying in a job you like for years. The think that I have an issue with is this job requires you to do a lot more "in the real world" then hopping through an overwing exit "leg body leg". THAT is what is required and understood but there are many that can't perform the duties in an emergency I'm sure. That same "leg body leg" is how we define if your too FAT as well. I guess THAT is realistic too? There are some junior folks that started later in life that I'd bet couldn't perform the duties either. As for you SKY seeing the "anorexics" do it JUST FINE...good for you. There is NO seniority envy here just my opinion.

Let's be honest here though. I understand the reason why so many are still here. I don't think you should be looked down upon for staying in a job you like for years. As for you SKY seeing the "anorexics" do it JUST FINE...good for you. There is NO seniority envy here just my opinion.

sky high states: I was just pointing out it's NOT a senior person issue. If you can OPEN ALL THE EXITS AT RECURRENT, pass the test, you continue your employment until YOU DECIDE to leave/retirement.
Ever fly with a F/A from PIT, who sawed half his hand off and had it re-attached? He's missing his middle finger and continues to work here just fine.
Alternatively, I know someone in PHL who was flying senior in the 1980's, was told to prepare the cabin for an emergency landing and froze in the galley after getting the test questions. Another F/A had to step in. And, he's still here flying International. Has about 25 yrs in now.

So, enough of the AGEISM already. It's BAD ENOUGH that WE dont get respect from the flying public anymore, we have to endure criticism within OUR RANKS now. How tiresome to hear that we are uneducated, fat, stupid, lazy, old, waitresses in the sky, and NEVER smile. Whether you've been here 3 weeks or 30 YEARS, remember the day you had your wings penned on, you became a flight attendant, only you know what that proud moment was all about. You respected yourself.

only stating opinions

The think that I have an issue with is this job requires you to do a lot more "in the real world" then hopping through an overwing exit "leg body leg". THAT is what is required and understood but there are many that can't perform the duties in an emergency I'm sure. That same "leg body leg" is how we define if your too FAT as well. I guess THAT is realistic too? There are some junior folks that started later in life that I'd bet couldn't perform the duties either. As for you SKY seeing the "anorexics" do it JUST FINE...good for you. There is NO seniority envy here just my opinion.
Has anyone here been in an emergency landing/preparation? And if yes, then what was your seniority/juniority at the time of the incident, and what was the outcome?

If you've never been in any kind of emergency for which you were trained, then you really don't know your true capabilities regardless of length of service, nor can you guess others' based on their age alone.

Some of you are blowing it out of proportion. Face it, there are some here senior AND junior that we ALL KNOW could not get the job done in an emergency. If you can't stow your carry on in the overhead for Christ sake how can you open a F'n door. Whatever. Enough of the stupid a$$ political correctness. It IS what it IS. :rolleyes:

When you demonstrate your ability to operate the 737 door in the "armed" mode there is NO additional weight on the door then in regular mode. So back to what we were saying. You cannot honestly think that some of our older ladies, though I respect them, can operate those doors god forbid in an emergency. It's NOT going to happen. If you can't lift your rollerboard into the overhead your not gonna get the door open. Oh lets not forget hoisting that 767 garage door up. Yeah uh huh that will happen. :rolleyes:
Regarding THAT Garage door opening on the 767.....I think some of the Grannies/Biddies (or whatever you choose to call them) struggle with the operation of this door is because they are afraid of Wrenching their fragile backs or risk exposing their Granny Panties or God forbid the dreaded thong :lol: !Yikes!!

Regarding THAT Garage door opening on the 767.....I think some of the Grannies/Biddies (or whatever you choose to call them) struggle with the operation of this door is because they are afraid of Wrenching their fragile backs or risk exposing their Granny Panties or God forbid the dreaded thong :lol: !Yikes!!

You will be old someday too. And all the young arrogant people in whatever job you are in, will be talking about you the same way. How will THAT feel?

Latest posts