US Airways System Wide F/A Seniority List Effective July 2007

I signed up for one of those new fangled 401k thinga- ma- gigies. No 75 years of service for ME!!

I noticed that an updated US Airways System Wide F/A Seniority List is posted on the Hub.

US Airways System Wide F/A Seniority List Effective July 2007

The Seniority Dates appear to be chronological until Seniority Number 7039. I am surmising that this is where the various furloughs commence.

Would anyone be willing to explain the list and types of furlough in a little more detail, either here or privately?

Thank you in advance.
I believe it is the entire east list; active and inactive. Inactive cannot be removed unless they resign, or have excrcised all recall bypass options.

This comment is especially rude. I think of some of the very special senior F/As who represent the epitome of what our group strived for in a different era before we hired off the streets en masse and lowered our standards and profession.
I find your comment rude and ignorant. As much as the senior flight attendants are writing/posting about discrimination against ageism. US Crew you are doing the same thing to our young flight attendants with juvenile ageism. As much as I agree with you on other US Airways flight attendant issues. I must say that I disagree with you on this one.
If you happen to be a new hire or a flight attendant with 45 years seniority and can not perform a safety related duty then it is time to leave the flight attendant position/career. I personally have seen employees on both sides America West/US Airways that perform excellent within the duties and responsibilities of the in-flight position. I have also witnessed some flight attendants who struggle with closing some aircraft doors and other related duties.
I think all of us in the in-flight position would agree that if any one of us becomes unable to perform a “SAFETY RELATED DUTYâ€￾ then it is our own personal obligation to step down from the in-flight position. As a flight attendant I treasure the knowledge and experience that our senior flight attendants hold. I also get exited to see our new flight attendants on the aircraft. Some of our junior flight attendants are full of excitement and curiosity in the simple task that I find mundane. The junior flight attendants always keep me stimulated and remind me of my first pair of wings, the first overnight, and “my memorable airline storyâ€￾.
I think that having senior flight attendants along with our new hires reminds me and others of the joy and excitement that our profession holds. Our senior flight attendants are some of the greatest storytellers I know of. Our junior flight attendants bring me back to a time of my first pair of wings.
I do not believe that our new hires are un-qualified, or that we have lowered US Airways in flight standards. Some of our new hires have advanced degrees in different fields. I think it is the tools that our in-flight trainers/and recruiters are given. One also might add that 16.00 an hour is not very lucrative when United and other “majorsâ€￾ are hiring with a better benefit package.
Personally, I feel it does not matter if you are old/young as long as you love the in-flight profession. However, if you are unable to perform the duties and responsibilities then its time to find something better suited for yourself. There are many positions within the company that are well suited for ex- flight attendants. I do not think that being old is a problem. The problem is if a human body can carry out the duties and responsibilities that traveling, pushing and pulling bags/aircraft doors, and daily jet lag takes on a soul.

You will be old someday too. And all the young arrogant people in whatever job you are in, will be talking about you the same way. How will THAT feel?
======================================================

Umm, like the pilot seniority arguments over on another thread??

I do not believe that our new hires are un-qualified, or that we have lowered US Airways in flight standards. Some of our new hires have advanced degrees in different fields. I think it is the tools that our in-flight trainers/and recruiters are given. One also might add that 16.00 an hour is not very lucrative when United and other “majorsâ€￾ are hiring with a better benefit package.
No one said that our new hires are un-qualified but I know for a fact that we have lowered our standards from previous practices--sorry if you find that rude and ignorant. It has to do with the recruiting process and how an individual recruiter can no longer make a determination by him/herself in the selection criteria. I don't know if you've been involved in recruiting but this is obvious to anyone who does this. It is not about age. I have been in three incidences in my career with F/As that have different seniorities. Their capabilities are all individual based upon non-age related abilities.

No one wants to work here. There are commuters that pay better.
The pay is the lowest in the industry while other majors with much more exciting flying, quicker advancement, and better benefits hire en masse. Anyone who does a modicum of research would find that the US Airways that is hiring is actually single base America West, about to merge with the most stagnant airline in the industry- one with more furloughees than active employees. They'd also see that US Airways is a dreadfully mismanaged company with dirty aircraft, appalling lack of service, and crappy destinations. After the merger they could transfer to some of the highest cost cities in the country to survive on $1200 a month to be on an hour and a half call-out 24 hours a day six days a week. All this to work a filthy 737 to Greensboro or Syracuse, occasionally working a flithy 767 to Europe as the sad pinnacle of your lame podunk airline.

Both carriers were great places to work at one point, neither is now. Who would choose US Airways now? Locals and interview rejects from the others.

No one wants to work here. There are commuters that pay better.
The pay is the lowest in the industry while other majors with much more exciting flying, quicker advancement, and better benefits hire en masse. Anyone who does a modicum of research would find that the US Airways that is hiring is actually single base America West, about to merge with the most stagnant airline in the industry- one with more furloughees than active employees. They'd also see that US Airways is a dreadfully mismanaged company with dirty aircraft, appalling lack of service, and crappy destinations. After the merger they could transfer to some of the highest cost cities in the country to survive on $1200 a month to be on an hour and a half call-out 24 hours a day six days a week. All this to work a filthy 737 to Greensboro or Syracuse, occasionally working a flithy 767 to Europe as the sad pinnacle of your lame podunk airline.

Both carriers were great places to work at one point, neither is now. Who would choose US Airways now? Locals and interview rejects from the others.
Agree totally! Southwest anyone? They maybe greyhound in the skys, but they have the happiest employees around, and pay and benefits are the best in the industry. There are a lot of old America West fa's working there now. I guess I am holding off for a better place to be proud of once again?????????? :rolleyes: I guess one can dream?

Latest posts