US Airways System Wide F/A Seniority List Effective July 2007

Good God the number 1 girl has 50 years of seniority!!!!!! Does the company make you jump down the slides every year during training?

I wish they did make us jump down the slides each year! That would be fun! I'm sorry but letting someone work here for that long should not be allowed. I thought 40 years was a long time but 50? C'mon :shock:

I wish they did make us jump down the slides each year! That would be fun! I'm sorry but letting someone work here for that long should not be allowed. I thought 40 years was a long time but 50? C'mon :shock:

sky high states: And at PIEDMONT, they made you WRITE OUT the entire emergency announcement, verbatim. Wish they would make us do that each year.

Cant believe someone would miss enough questions in Recurrent to have a re-do. :down: :down:
Personally, I would rather work with someone with experience, then stupidity!!! :lol: :lol:

only stating opinions

ok I have been here since the beginning of 1998 and our announcements have been the same BEFORE I got here. You see folks that CANNOT get them right. BIG sistas can't get their a$$es through the window yet they are STILL here. Yes other industries have people there for years but when you have SAFETY....again say it with me SAFETY ivolved you need to be legally let go. Sorry, nobody will EVER convince me that some of our old bitties can perform emergency duties like getting the 737 door open even. "I" can have a hard time with some doors with the slide disengaged. IMAGINE that slide attached to the floor and old Mirna trying to push it open. Can we say barbecue chicken. It's total BS. MANY of our gals and I say gals cause MOST are cannot do it and we ALL KNOW IT. Their ship has sailed yet they don't know it. :rolleyes: :blink:

I've worked with some old bitties who just need to go. Why don't they go be a Wal-Mart greeter or something? Some of these old gals I've worked with could barely walk or pick up their rollerboards. I've seen them wear ankle braces, arm braces, complain about their legs, knees, arms, you name it. There is no way they would ever be able to open the door on a 737. I don't care how much experience they have. I don't care how much knowledge they have. If they can't open the door and help evacuate the aircraft in an emergency, what good are they? It is a safety issue. Actually, just because someone has been here longer doesn't necessarily mean they know more. I have seen senior mamas fail tests in training. I have watched them struggle with the new door procedures where they say weird combinations of the old and new procedures and finally get so frustrated that they revert to the old way. I've seen them freak out as they have to work a new aircraft or a different position from what they normally work. Older doesn't necessarily mean wiser at US Airways. Oh, and don't even get me started on the bitter senior mamas who complain incessantly and are rude and hateful to pax and crew members. So yes, there are some that definitely need to get out NOW.

I've worked with some old bitties who just need to go.
We have a Few "New" people that need to go to! I have found that most Girls with 40+ years are very friendly!

Oh, and don't even get me started on the bitter senior mamas who complain incessantly and are rude and hateful to pax and crew members. So yes, there are some that definitely need to get out NOW.
[/quote]
How about the bitter junior mamas? Guess none of them are rude.

ok I have been here since the beginning of 1998 and our announcements have been the same BEFORE I got here. You see folks that CANNOT get them right. BIG sistas can't get their a$$es through the window yet they are STILL here. Yes other industries have people there for years but when you have SAFETY....again say it with me SAFETY ivolved you need to be legally let go. Sorry, nobody will EVER convince me that some of our old bitties can perform emergency duties like getting the 737 door open even. "I" can have a hard time with some doors with the slide disengaged. IMAGINE that slide attached to the floor and old Mirna trying to push it open. Can we say barbecue chicken. It's total BS. MANY of our gals and I say gals cause MOST are cannot do it and we ALL KNOW IT. Their ship has sailed yet they don't know it. :rolleyes: :blink:
:lol: I am glad to see one East FA junior to me. Thank goodness! :shock:

:lol: I am glad to see one East FA junior to me. Thank goodness! :shock:
All in fun Travelpro. I loved your post! ha ha. :D

I don't care how much knowledge they have. If they can't open the door and help evacuate the aircraft in an emergency, what good are they?

NEWSFLASH, PRINCESS. "Everyone" is required to OPEN ALL DOORS AT RECURRENT TRAINING. IF THEY CANT, THEY DONT FLY. I'VE EVEN WATCHED PREGNANT WOMEN OPEN THE EXITS IN RECURRENT TRAINING......SO YOUR ANALOGY IS.......UHHHHH......FLAWED. (again)

Only stating opinions

When you demonstrate your ability to operate the 737 door in the "armed" mode there is NO additional weight on the door then in regular mode. So back to what we were saying. You cannot honestly think that some of our older ladies, though I respect them, can operate those doors god forbid in an emergency. It's NOT going to happen. If you can't lift your rollerboard into the overhead your not gonna get the door open. Oh lets not forget hoisting that 767 garage door up. Yeah uh huh that will happen. :rolleyes:

We have a Few "New" people that need to go to! I have found that most Girls with 40+ years are very friendly!
Oh, and don't even get me started on the bitter senior mamas who complain incessantly and are rude and hateful to pax and crew members. So yes, there are some that definitely need to get out NOW.

How about the bitter junior mamas? Guess none of them are rude.

Yes, there are many older f/as who are friendly and I enjoy working with them. I wasn't referring to them. I was referring to the rude ones. I also never said that all junior f/as are friendly. I have worked with rude flight attendants both junior and senior. All the rude ones need to go no matter their seniority but the topic of my post was the old senior mamas.

From SKY HIGH - NEWSFLASH, PRINCESS. "Everyone" is required to OPEN ALL DOORS AT RECURRENT TRAINING. IF THEY CANT, THEY DONT FLY. I'VE EVEN WATCHED PREGNANT WOMEN OPEN THE EXITS IN RECURRENT TRAINING......SO YOUR ANALOGY IS.......UHHHHH......FLAWED. (again)

There is no need to yell at me on this board. Geez! My analogy is NOT flawed! I worked with one flight attendant who had trouble walking no offense to her because I enjoyed our trip. She took the electric cart from gate to gate because of her leg and also had a brace on it and said something about a broken ankle. So you're telling me that even though she can barely walk that she can open the door on a 737? I have worked with others who could not lift their own roller boards to put them in the OHB. You cannot tell me those ladies could open the door of a 737, lock that heavy sucker against the fuselage if they can't even lift their roller board or stand for very long.

I worked with one flight attendant who had trouble walking no offense to her because I enjoyed our trip. She took the electric cart from gate to gate because of her leg and also had a brace on it and said something about a broken ankle.

Wait. We can get cart service to another gate?

Why wasn't I ever told this before!

I would love a ride from the end of C in PHL to the A terminal when they only give us a few minutes for the AC swap. Will they stop at the food court too so I can grab a snack?

/heehee

I worked with one flight attendant who had trouble walking no offense to her because I enjoyed our trip. She took the electric cart from gate to gate because of her leg and also had a brace on it and said something about a broken ankle.

sky high states: Doctor notes are required to come back to work after a prolonged leave like hers. Her Doctor and HERSELF are to blame for not putting SAFETY first.

only stating opinions.

There is no need to yell at me on this board. Geez!

sky high states:
I guess I'm YELLING, because you're talking about my co-workers, my friends, people I grew up with through the years....people I care about. I watched them start out in their twenties and through the years, watched them go through life, starting families, having children, experiencing loss and pain. Comradery develops through the years.
Sure, there's a few people all of us dont care for, but, I would never categorize the senior ladies as bitties. They fought the early battles for pay and benefits. Lobbied Congress for change in the industry.
Simply put, they deserve respect, having walked up and down those aisles for 25 PLUS years and having endured all this industry has thrown at them.
Trust me, before you know it. Some new hire will be saying it straight to your face. Gawdddd, you've been here like forever, when you leaving. :up:

only stating opinions

sky high states:
I guess I'm YELLING, because you're talking about my co-workers, my friends, people I grew up with through the years....people I care about. I watched them start out in their twenties and through the years, watched them go through life, starting families, having children, experiencing loss and pain. Comradery develops through the years.
Sure, there's a few people all of us dont care for, but, I would never categorize the senior ladies as bitties. They fought the early battles for pay and benefits. Lobbied Congress for change in the industry.
Simply put, they deserve respect, having walked up and down those aisles for 25 PLUS years and having endured all this industry has thrown at them.
Trust me, before you know it. Some new hire will be saying it straight to your face. Gawdddd, you've been here like forever, when you leaving. :up:
only stating opinions

DITTO!! :up: :up: