AA/US Seniorty list out

Status
Not open for further replies.
>> This was a topic about US/AA sen list and again its (sic) been takes (sic) over by TWA <<

When you do something vile and reprehensible it will follow you for the rest of your life.

MK

Reactions: 2 people
>> As a percentage, where do most FAs end up from legacy to the combined total? <<

AirlLUVer. that's a good question, since it's percentile, not the actual number, that makes the difference.  Moving down 3000 numbers is good if you move up in percentile.

In my case, I went from 78.5 to 77.1, an insignificant change, but very slightly better.  What really matters is percentile in your base, and it will be a while before there's any movement between AA and US bases.

Ironically, every legacy AA FA is junior to a US FA who got her Date of Hire in an acquisition.

MK

Character study...

"Only one party could prevail..."

Vs.

"Why does one party have to prevail? ..."

One is infected with the AA/Crandallisian pit everyone against everyone I/Me/Mine mentality, ( and probably considers themselves a fucking christian, yet...) and the other understands that you don't have to take everything just because you can.

Widespread adherence to that "it is mine to take, just because I can" belief system would make a lot of y'all, or y'alls wives and daughters, subject to random rape and worse, just based on physical strength.

Yet you continue to defend the concept vis a vis a hideous SLI.

Stapling co-workers with a distinguished career at the company you are merging with behind literally this week's new-hires?

Really?

Defend that.

FWIW, My lovely wife is an 88 hire legacy AA F/A who knows that what APFA did was wrong, knows that they flat lied about the TWA FA corps and the acquisition/merge, including that it was in fact both, and unlike This Metal Mover who is probably really not a mover but a rider, why, knew it then, before I met her, still knows it, and still gets fighting mad every time it comes up, again.

Indeed, your acts and reputation shall follow you the rest of your days.

Good, or not...

Choke on it, MM

Diamond Cutter... Thanks for speaking up

If only more had the courage...

nycbusdriver said:
Yeah....most everybody sees how eminently fair the TWA deal was.  That's why an act of Congress will prevent it from happening ever again.
Why do you perpetuate that myth? So you know for a fact that it will never happen again? So you are in the mind of every current and future arbitrator? Impressive. You, nor I know what an arbitrator could/would come up with when deciding on a seniority list. Anything is possible. Besides the fact that both unions could come up with that scenario and vote it in. Southwest pilots tried to force that on Frontier. They stupidly voted NO on that. Now look where they are. Struggling mightily to find a niche for their company. They would have been better off going the Southwest route. Fact is that you can't honestly say it will never happen again. Mccaskell/Bond doesn't prevent it from happening ever again, just makes it a little harder from happening again.

Ifly2 said:
Character study...
Vs.
One is infected with the AA/Crandallisian pit everyone against everyone I/Me/Mine mentality, ( and probably considers themselves a #### christian, yet...) and the other understands that you don't have to take everything just because you can.
Widespread adherence to that "it is mine to take, just because I can" belief system would make a lot of y'all, or y'alls wives and daughters, subject to random rape and worse, just based on physical strength.
Stapling co-workers with a distinguished career at the company you are merging with behind literally this week's new-hires?
Really?
Defend that.
FWIW, My lovely wife is an 88 hire legacy AA F/A who knows that what APFA did was wrong, knows that they flat lied about the TWA FA corps and the acquisition/merge, including that it was in fact both, and unlike This Metal Mover who is probably really not a mover but a rider, why, knew it then, before I met her, still knows it, and still gets fighting mad every time it comes up, again.
Good, or not...
Choke on it, MM
Your wife needs to learn to let things go, it isn't healthy! Not too sure why she is convinced APFA lied. Maybe if they did, they wouldn't have won every single lawsuit thrown at them. I think your wife is living in her own revisionist theory.

Reactions: 3 people
What's left of the TWA system?

2%, 3%?

diamondcutter, Kirkpatrick,,

Is your feeling that despite the TWA flying disappearing, you both feel that AA FA's should eat that loss of flying and not the former TWA FA's?

From day one of the buyout that was a real risk that both the AA pilots and FA's weren't going to buy off on.

Ifly2 said:
Character study...

Vs.

One is infected with the AA/Crandallisian pit everyone against everyone I/Me/Mine mentality, ( and probably considers themselves a #### christian, yet...) and the other understands that you don't have to take everything just because you can.

Really?

Defend that.

Good, or not...

Choke on it, MM

Ifly2 said:
Character study...

Vs.

Really?

Defend that.

Good, or not...

Choke on it, MM

Choke on the fact that TWA LOST!    They can choke on my seniority that I have on them...
Grow up and move on!

iorfa,

Dude, or dudette..

She's legacy AA

Not living in the past, just has some morals...

And doesn't like being lied to, or seeing people screwed "just because we can"

The pervasiveness of the " we saved/bought TWA on its deathbed/in BK/at the firesale is just the first lie perpetrated by AA's unions, especially APFA.

Not to mention the calling TW pilots and FA's scabs, and unqualified, unfit to work,at the Nordstrom airline, etc., etc.,

Yes, that came directly from the unions, especially in SkyWord, and especially from Ward.

The BK was a requirement of the asset purchase agreement, which was negotiated, accepted by both airline's Board of Directors, and signed before the BK was filed.

Any "what would have happened" absent that agreement is pure speculation, and while arguments can be made either way, TW was not filing BK in JAN 2001 absent the requirement to do so contained in AA's cherry deal.

85er,

What portion of AA's pre 9-11 network is gone?

(Somewhere around 30% of the pilot jobs, and pretty near that for F/A's.... TWA would have accounted for approx 15% of the combined pre 9-11 total...)

Should the former TWA career F/A's and pilots have been forced into the position of providing furlough protection for AA new-hires, who would certainly have been furloughed during the inevitable post 9-11 shrinkage and consolidation?

They were.

Captains furloughed before 4/9/01 hires, and 30 year F/A's to protect AA 2001 hires.

Yes, you shall be known by your words and your deeds, all the days of your lives.

MetalMover said:
Choke on the fact that TWA LOST!    They can choke on my seniority that I have on them...
Grow up and move on!
Plenty grown up here dude(ette...)

Plenty moved on, too

Not going to let the idiocy, ignorance and especially AArogAAnce you exhibit go unnoticed though.

Ever.

MetalMover, my furry butt...

You don't move the metal

You ride in it

And, yes, you shall be known... Always...

Reactions: 1 person
Ifly2 said:
Plenty grown up here dude(ette...)

Plenty moved on, too

Not going to let the idiocy, ignorance and especially AArogAAnce you exhibit go unnoticed though.

Ever.

MetalMover, my furry butt...

You don't move the metal

You ride in it

And, yes, you shall be known... Always...
How does it feel looking UP the list?

MetalMover said:
A real class act. Does it make you feel good about yourself by putting down others? Explains a lot about your character.

WeAAsles said:
A real class act. Does it make you feel good about yourself by putting down others? Explains a lot about your character.
Tired of hearing how bad the TWAers got treated..it's over and done with.
I guess you missed ifly2's "furry butt" comment?
If the situation was reversed they would be treating us the same way..
Enough of this "POOR ME" crap.

If you don't like what I have to say, feel free to put me on ignore.

Reactions: 3 people
MetalMover said:
i'm fine, thank you

Love my job

It's what I do

Not who I am

And, doing the right thing and treating everyone with the respect they deserve, (yup.. That means Yourself too...) I don't have to rationalize my behavior, or justify my treatment of an entire group, or any individual, with tripe like "It's just business", or "We won", lies, artificial feelings of superiority, misplaced AArrogAAnce, etc...

You shall be known...

Ifly2 said:
iorfa,
Dude, or dudette..
She's legacy AA
Not living in the past, just has some morals...
And doesn't like being lied to, or seeing people screwed "just because we can"
The pervasiveness of the " we saved/bought TWA on its deathbed/in BK/at the firesale is just the first lie perpetrated by AA's unions, especially APFA.
Not to mention the calling TW pilots and FA's scabs, and unqualified, unfit to work,at the Nordstrom airline, etc., etc.,
Yes, that came directly from the unions, especially in SkyWord, and especially from Ward.
The BK was a requirement of the asset purchase agreement, which was negotiated, accepted by both airline's Board of Directors, and signed before the BK was filed.
Any "what would have happened" absent that agreement is pure speculation, and while arguments can be made either way, TW was not filing BK in JAN 2001 absent the requirement to do so contained in AA's cherry deal.
85er,
What portion of AA's pre 9-11 network is gone?
(Somewhere around 30% of the pilot jobs, and pretty near that for F/A's.... TWA would have accounted for approx 15% of the combined pre 9-11 total...)
Should the former TWA career F/A's and pilots have been forced into the position of providing furlough protection for AA new-hires, who would certainly have been furloughed during the inevitable post 9-11 shrinkage and consolidation?
They were.
Captains furloughed before 4/9/01 hires, and 30 year F/A's to protect AA 2001 hires.
Yes, you shall be known by your words and your deeds, all the days of your lives.
When you and your wife rejoin reality, we'll be here waiting for you. Otherwise, again, revisionist theory. You bought something hook, line and sinker. Problem is that it wasn't the truth. Have a nice day kiddo. I think your snack is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.