AFA/70 Graf,Cangey,Elias,Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line.................

The old system is not the answer. Maybe a rotating reserve is not the answer. Certainly, this current system may not be the answer.

But think about this........

If you were only on reserve for a year or two tops, the old system would be doable.

If you were only on reserve for a year or two tops, the current system would be doable.

Aside from getting off of reserve in that time frame, rotating might be the only answer.

Everyone keeps preaching that we are stagnant, there is no growth, and the industry has changed forever. Well sh!t, you are correct. The union OWES it's membership the ability to work and survive in this job. They are not doing it. We are stagnant, but the UNION must adapt to it. Not give the BS that useless MF gives and say "there is nothing we can do about that.". Yes, you can Mike. You need to change the system or get more senior people OUT!!!!

THE FOCUS NEEDS TO SHIFT TO HOW TO GET PEOPLE OFF OF RESERVE RATHER THAN THE SYSTEM ITSELF!!!!

Bottom line.................

The old system is not the answer. Maybe a rotating reserve is not the answer. Certainly, this current system may not be the answer.

But think about this........

If you were only on reserve for a year or two tops, the old system would be doable.

If you were only on reserve for a year or two tops, the current system would be doable.

Aside from getting off of reserve in that time frame, rotating might be the only answer.

Everyone keeps preaching that we are stagnant, there is no growth, and the industry has changed forever. Well sh!t, you are correct. The union OWES it's membership the ability to work and survive in this job. They are not doing it. We are stagnant, but the UNION must adapt to it. Not give the BS that useless MF gives and say "there is nothing we can do about that.". Yes, you can Mike. You need to change the system or get more senior people OUT!!!!

THE FOCUS NEEDS TO SHIFT TO HOW TO GET PEOPLE OFF OF RESERVE RATHER THAN THE SYSTEM ITSELF!!!!
Many senior people have gone. I'm one of them. Many have taken a retirment.

The company has decreased capacity, and therefore there is no growth.
Trying to push senior people out or tag current blockholders to quit so that you can have a block IS NOT THE ANSWER, AND THAT WILL NEVER BE THE UNION'S POSITION.

Changing the current system is THE answer.

One day, Twice, you will be considered senior. Probably the second you receive a block. You've got at least 10 years in and depending on the base; you COULD have already been a blockholder. When should the union get YOU out???? When you hold a block? That's basically what you conveyed above.

Transfer to another smaller base, and you will hold a block. You choose to be in PHL and that is a senior base with no more growth at the present time.

Many senior people have gone. I'm one of them. Many have taken a retirment.

The company has decreased capacity, and therefore there is no growth.
Trying to push senior people out or tag current blockholders to quit so that you can have a block IS NOT THE ANSWER, AND THAT WILL NEVER BE THE UNION'S POSITION.

Changing the current system is THE answer.

One day, Twice, you will be considered senior. Probably the second you receive a block. You've got at least 10 years in and depending on the base; you COULD have already been a blockholder. When should the union get YOU out???? When you hold a block? That's basically what you conveyed above.

Transfer to another smaller base, and you will hold a block. You choose to be in PHL and that is a senior base with no more growth at the present time.

You missed my point!!!

If there is no real attrition and the company is stagnant, what are YOU (union) doing to help all of the members??????

It doesn't matter what system we work under, WE WANT OFF OF RESERVE ALREADY!!!!!

HOW IS THAT GOING TO BE ACCOMPLISHED?????

I would vote for nothing less than straight seniority. I have been hearing about a system that is serniority unyil 65 hours and then buckets. That's crap. You don't put BH's in buckets at 65 hours and neither should we. I look forward to our update in CLT on Mar 6th. I don't anticipate a large showing, there never is, but I will be there.

What’s the deal with overflying?

I keep hearing about senior folks doing 150 hours, which with the rigs as they are now, is completely nuts.

Is there anything in Past Practice that could put a stop to this?

There is a very "stern" warning about overyflying on the AFA Council 70 page. It's on the bottom right hand corner and signed by Perry L. Hayes MEC President. I guess that gets the union off the hook for protecting overflyers when they get called in by the company. Do you think maybe they could update that page?

Well here we go..... Ya all know it would be like a day without orange juice if I didn't complain BUT the truth is the truth. Our AFA website is horrible, horrible and severely outdated. When the new administration takes residence I'm sure we could get that website redone. Paging Miss Linton to the web design booth. Just like the f/a system it needs a complete overhaul and NOT a patch job.

Not to change the subject, but does anyone know when The PHL f/a who turned in the rsv f/a for commuting on rsv transfer to CLT? I had heard she was coming down here and wanted everyone down here to be on their toes about her. We don't need that knid of person here or anywhere else for that matter. Does she over-fly? Maybe a rsv could rat on her about that? Just alittle payback.

Not to change the subject, but does anyone know when The PHL f/a who turned in the rsv f/a for commuting on rsv transfer to CLT? I had heard she was coming down here and wanted everyone down here to be on their toes about her. We don't need that knid of person here or anywhere else for that matter. Does she over-fly? Maybe a rsv could rat on her about that? Just alittle payback.

I think she is still in PHL flying all t/a trips. You could go back and find the topic that had the most responses-I think ever-on this board.

I think that was just a rumor. I never saw her name on the tranfer list. She loves transatlantic so I doubt she will be coming to CLT.

As for the CLT reserve meeting, I will go if I don't have a trip. I'm supposed to be on duty that day but maybe I can get a trip that leaves after the meeting is over. I want to know why MF never brought up a rotating reserve system, why he continues to let BHs overfly, and tell him what I think about the new reserve system he is negotiating for us.

I think she is still in PHL flying all t/a trips. You could go back and find the topic that had the most responses-I think ever-on this board.

Her name is Cyndy Atkins... aka..."Thindy"

I don't see her giving up her T/A flights.....but who knows..

You missed my point!!!

If there is no real attrition and the company is stagnant, what are YOU (union) doing to help all of the members??????

It doesn't matter what system we work under, WE WANT OFF OF RESERVE ALREADY!!!!!

HOW IS THAT GOING TO BE ACCOMPLISHED?????

To be honest Twicedbaked I don't think the Company or the Union knows that
answer to your question.
I think if the Company offered another buy out like GM gave their group...
That might just do the trick.
One years pay and medical with passes. ( even though the passes would be meaningless) ;)

To be honest Twicedbaked I don't think the Company or the Union knows that
answer to your question.
I think if the Company offered another buy out like GM gave their group...
That might just do the trick.
One years pay and medical with passes. ( even though the passes would be meaningless) ;)

Give me the passes then ;) Just Kidding I'd negotiate for 2 years of pay and lifetime medical and a gold card.

Status
Not open for further replies.