AFA/70 WHAT CAN U DO 4 US?

Yes i do work for an airline. Infact i work for US Airways. Before that Comair 6 years as a ramp supervisor late twice. and yes we had to go theu security. also had to take in to account the bus ride to the terminal and also the 36 miles it took to get to work. Also was a crew scheduler for comair for 3 years was late once in that time.

Now going on 3 years at us in the crew schedulig dept. in that time late once. I take pride in my work ethic and part of that ethic is being to work ontime. I am there at least 15min prior to my shift starting and guess waht i am not getting paid.

So before you start calling someone a liar you better think before you speak. I know its hard for you but maybe you can learn. Start acting like the professional you claim to be. And also the clock in was a general term. basically when you sign into the computer at the beginning ofyour shift that is clocking in.

It is easy for you, you do not need to go through TSA in PHX, you just waltz in to Buckey Building, and VOILA , you swip your ID at the parking lot and you are just :down: another swip away to you office.

The lst paragraph is my reply in the quote, I do not know how did it happened. :down:

USAirways has no crew schedulers in the East with 3 years at the airline. That much I can guarantee. Most junior on the property has 15+ years.

I'm not sure where this guy works, but it's not for US East mainline.

The lst paragraph is my reply in the quote, I do not know how did it happened. :down:

She is West, she works at the building where the training center is. (Off airport). Just swip yur ID to the parking lot and than another swip to the building. No problem there with TSA, WHCR PAX, etc.

What i am saying is allow enough time to be at work ontime. You work in this industry you know what the lines are like at security. You know who we have more problems with being late? its not the reserves. its the lineholders. crewmembers who have a set trip on their line and yet they still cant be responsable to be at work ontime.

And by the language you use in your posts i guess it will be quite awhile before you can claim the word professional.
Aaaaah, it's the line holders! :lol: How dare they? Do you go through security often to get to your crew scheduling job? I bet you love when you get to mark a FA late, tho! A real rush, right? After all, they should have left an hour to clear security.

Maybe next time I have to fly my LINE trip, I'll call ahead a few hours and see what the line at security is like. You know, so I am not late. :lol: Oh my, this one has got me laughing....

You wish, sweetie. To be an airline crewmember (including a widebody captain at US), I'd have to take a pay and benefit cut. And most likely a union job. No thanks on both.

You are also incorrect in the assumption that you would actually make it past me (one need not hit someone to quietly and firmly refuse to stand aside). I'm not standing aside. I've gotten away with it in the past, and I am and have been willing to take my chances with the cops. They tend to be unsympathetic to prima donnas. They tend to be reasonable. And they will detain the accuser to get a statement in any case, so that's going to pretty much defeat the purpose in trying to jump the line in the first place.

Tell me, what are you going to do if somebody does not let you by? What do you suppose the cops are going to charge someone who refuses to stand aside with? (and it would need to be the cops, since the contract ID checkers and the TSA have no arrest or detention juice--and the TSA's authority does not begin until one actually "submits to screening"). Let me know, sweetheart.

To be fair, the exception to my thinking on this score is if the airline itself subsidizes a crew lane--by that, I mean purchasing the WTMD and the X-ray and funding the TSA staffing. If that's the case, I'm fine with it. But only in a dedicated lane. If it's being paid for with my ticket taxes, you can wait with everyone else.
Wow, the Napoleon complex is worse than I thought! :lol: Although it has never happened to me, if you started pushing and shoving to get in front of me, I wouldn't have to do anything. Everyone laughing at you behind you in line would be enough for me. It would be even funnier if you kept calling me "sweetie" and sweetheart". Honestly, dude, go ahead, I am sure the person right behind you would really not care. I have never seen anyone freak out. Infact, they usually say Hi and ask me where I am off to. But, we all have our fish to fry....

These two are crazy!

Well, Westie scheduler, glad they are keeping the OCC in Pittsburgh. Maybe at your next job you won't even have to swipe in.

But the fry cook in the back you'll be relieving will get mad if you are not there on time because you are waiting in line behind the customers. :)

So, again, you don't have a clue. If you are really a crew scheduler, (which sounds doubtful if you are unfamiliar with how crews are staffed) maybe next time I get quick called I'll say, ok well whoever it is that works there that used to work for Comair and has been there for three years (that should narrow it down, right? Can't be that many of you) says we are to wait in a line to get into our workplace so... give me, I dunno, about four hours? Thanks!

:

Now, this maks me chuckle...thanks. :lol:

Well, Westie scheduler, glad they are keeping the OCC in Pittsburgh. Maybe at your next job you won't even have to swipe in.

:lol: SOOO glad we keep our OCC and all that are there!!! I would hate to have to deal with West scheduling everyday.

It just amazes me that passengers honestly think we want to cut the line. I am so happy when the airport has a crewline. I hate cutting in line. I feel bad...BUT...I am not gonna be late and delay the a/c. If the passenger gets really pissed..I just simply appologize and then tell them that I hope they are not traveling to(where ever my flight is) because without me..they may be delayed. :rolleyes:

USAirways has no crew schedulers in the East with 3 years at the airline. That much I can guarantee. Most junior on the property has 15+ years.

I'm not sure where this guy works, but it's not for US East mainline.
LOL....EXACTLY!!! I was laughing reading that. Nobody in crew sched in PIT has 3 years seniority!

*shrug*

I can't speak for all airports, but in PHL crewmembers have higher priority than other airport workers going to work. I have seen them toss their own employees out of line and behind the crewmembers.

For those who think they haven't ever had a crewmember cut in front of them all I can say is, then you haven't been paying attention. Next time you are number 50 in line just watch the screening area and count the number of crew memembers and airport employees passing you up.

IF you are next in line, I would gladly wait for you to pass thru; however, if you are number 10 in line - sorry I don't have time to wait for you. IF you have an issue with this then you need to address it to TSA, the airport, and the airlines and not take it out on crews and airport employees who are just trying to get to work. We don't need the aggravation when we are just following the rules that are in place.

This is the best you can come up with?
Ohh and Clue, most road worriers don't make a high six figure salary. I really doubt you do! And the fact that this is what you do in your spare time, makes me almost certain!
This Malikie person is an inexperienced, uninformed, unprofessional idiot. I can not believe that we have any schedulers that are that out of touch with the people that they schedule! Maybe our East schedulers can send a tutorial CD over to the West. Or better yet, when the groups combine, hopefully the seniority list will wipe out this moron who really needs to go back to a commuter like Comair or Mesa. We do not need a scheduler who knows nothing of the crews' working conditions, and has disrespect for our group as a whole. M., learn something from your East superiors before spewing stupidity.
As to Clue....You seem to want to fight the small details. Would you also fight for your right to board the aircraft before the crew? How about the Air Marshalls who have been paid by your tax dollars too? If the crew is forced to stand in line, then they will negotiate compensation for it. Your flight will be delayed. But you will keep your spot in line.

This Malikie person is an inexperienced, uninformed, unprofessional idiot. I can not believe that we have any schedulers that are that out of touch with the people that they schedule! Maybe our East schedulers can send a tutorial CD over to the West. Or better yet, when the groups combine, hopefully the seniority list will wipe out this moron who really needs to go back to a commuter like Comair or Mesa. We do not need a scheduler who knows nothing of the crews' working conditions, and has disrespect for our group as a whole. M., learn something from your East superiors before spewing stupidity.
As to Clue....You seem to want to fight the small details. Would you also fight for your right to board the aircraft before the crew? How about the Air Marshalls who have been paid by your tax dollars too? If the crew is forced to stand in line, then they will negotiate compensation for it. Your flight will be delayed. But you will keep your spot in line.
Harsh words for a person who has no idea what she/he is talking about. I know the working conditions of the crew all to well. I have quite a few friends who are F/A's and pilots. And i do respect a majority of them. but people like you and that other one definitly do not get my respect. just look at how you belittle others, the language you put in your posts. you really expect people to consider you professional the way you behave on here?

as for seniority when the 2 groups combine seniority does not play a factor. it will go by merrit. will i be offered a position over in the occ? good chances yes. but its 18 - 24 months away. do i want to move to pitt? its a nice city been there quite a few times to catch baseball and football games but i moved away from the east for a reason.

as for superiors be it occ in the east or soc in the west does not matter how long we have been doing this job we are equals. you might not believe that you might not like that but thats the way it is. its 2 whole different operations. different rules to play with.

Harsh words for a person who has no idea what she/he is talking about. I know the working conditions of the crew all to well. I have quite a few friends who are F/A's and pilots. And i do respect a majority of them. but people like you and that other one definitly do not get my respect. just look at how you belittle others, the language you put in your posts. you really expect people to consider you professional the way you behave on here?
Listen Junior, I have never belittled anyone on here except you. Everything else has been said in jest. I hope that your merit will take you far. Far, far away from US Airways.

If we keep cutting in line to get to work maby enough pax will get pizzzd off to the point where the airport TSA airline will address this issue and spend the money to get us badged...I always come to work early and have no problem cutting...it takes me two seconds to clear...I don't fumble with my pockets and only carry one or two bags...I never beep...I will say excuse me but I don't say in sorry...it is not my problem the company airport or TSA can't pull there head out of the sand and get a door for us...If they can do it in CLT the can do it in PHL...untill this happens move over or take a delay!