AFA/70 WHAT CAN U DO 4 US?

The crews in CLT do not have a SIDA badge, the company ID is programed to work in the door.

Listen Junior, I have never belittled anyone on here except you. Everything else has been said in jest. I hope that your merit will take you far. Far, far away from US Airways.
I cant wait to work with you in 2009 its going to be fun. and no i will not be going far far away. just closer

ClueByFour,

I don't think it's unreasonable that working crewmembers are fast tracked to the front of the security line. They cannot be expected to arrive at every airport 2 hours prior to their scheduled departure. That being said, "please" & "thank you" should be part of our vocabulary at TSA lines.

I ALWAYS Say Excuse Me and Thank You..But..The Nasty Comments AND Looks NEED To Go!!Plain And Simple..As For Clue...CLULESS Is More Like It!!! :down:

Well this thread has gone 4 pages for nothing. Crew members will move to the front of the line if there is no crewline PERIOD. If we don't get there, YOU don't get there. If the line time is approaching 1.5 hours and we are quickcalled how do you expect us to get through in time? When the hotel van drops us off to get to the flight that's departing in 20 minutes and we JUST had a 9+15 minimum overnight, how do you expect us to get there in time? The FAA mandates our minimum rest of 9+15. The van will not take us to the airport ANY earlier. So as it be some will be PO'd as we move to the front of the line. It's not done to tick you off but if it does question your need for anger management. What are you gonna really do about it anyway? :rolleyes:

I like the Tampa TSA people. They have a dedicated crew line. If there are customers in front of us (even pax in wheelchairs) they make a big production of stopping the line to allow the crew to pass. It is nice to NOT be treated as a second class citizen once in awhile. In Europe the same courtesy is given.
Just think, if you treated your sky goddess as a HUMAN and not the KEEPER OF THE MINIS you might get a smile. :up:

Talk about courtesy. I just witnessed a 30something business man almost knock an older woman in crutches down trying to get through security. We ALL looked in amazement. The crew let her go first so she didn't have to stand there. It would have taken a minute. I can't believe people today and the CREW moving to the front of the line are the bad guys? :lol: :rolleyes:

Why can't airline crew be expected to show up and wait just as pax have to show up to wait? It's like traffic--if you want less of it, move closer to work. Or drive in earlier or behind the peak.

If I told my boss "you know, it's completely unrealistic for you to expect me to leave my house 6 hours before that meeting 1000 miles away and get on a plane to arrive in time," I'd lose my job.

I'm obviously unsympathetic to the notion that crew should not have to show up in time to clear security just as the people who actually pay the bills (pax) do. Especially when the people who pay the majority of those bills (business travelers) are most likely not being paid for their time in transit.
You wish, sweetie. To be an airline crewmember (including a widebody captain at US), I'd have to take a pay and benefit cut. And most likely a union job. No thanks on both.

You are also incorrect in the assumption that you would actually make it past me (one need not hit someone to quietly and firmly refuse to stand aside). I'm not standing aside. I've gotten away with it in the past, and I am and have been willing to take my chances with the cops. They tend to be unsympathetic to prima donnas. They tend to be reasonable. And they will detain the accuser to get a statement in any case, so that's going to pretty much defeat the purpose in trying to jump the line in the first place.

Tell me, what are you going to do if somebody does not let you by? What do you suppose the cops are going to charge someone who refuses to stand aside with? (and it would need to be the cops, since the contract ID checkers and the TSA have no arrest or detention juice--and the TSA's authority does not begin until one actually "submits to screening"). Let me know, sweetheart.

To be fair, the exception to my thinking on this score is if the airline itself subsidizes a crew lane--by that, I mean purchasing the WTMD and the X-ray and funding the TSA staffing. If that's the case, I'm fine with it. But only in a dedicated lane. If it's being paid for with my ticket taxes, you can wait with everyone else.

You definitely are not a us1!!!!! You would know that crews have 14 hour duty days and are only paid for flight time. So if we were to start getting paid by the hour then I will be glad to stand at the back of the line. But until then I will just cut in front of YOU YOU YOU!!!! So try that one on for size!!! You are nothing more than a big wiener!!!!

[/quote]
You are also incorrect in the assumption that you would actually make it past me (one need not hit someone to quietly and firmly refuse to stand aside). I'm not standing aside. I've gotten away with it in the past, and I am and have been willing to take my chances with the cops. They tend to be unsympathetic to prima donnas. They tend to be reasonable. And they will detain the accuser to get a statement in any case, so that's going to pretty much defeat the purpose in trying to jump the line in the first place.

Tell me, what are you going to do if somebody does not let you by? What do you suppose the cops are going to charge someone who refuses to stand aside with? (and it would need to be the cops, since the contract ID checkers and the TSA have no arrest or detention juice--and the TSA's authority does not begin until one actually "submits to screening"). Let me know, sweetheart.

To be fair, the exception to my thinking on this score is if the airline itself subsidizes a crew lane--by that, I mean purchasing the WTMD and the X-ray and funding the TSA staffing. If that's the case, I'm fine with it. But only in a dedicated lane. If it's being paid for with my ticket taxes, you can wait with everyone else.
[/quote]
Clue,
I don't see how you could stop me...with out touching me that is! that would enough for the Police to act!

We all know this is just chat board chatter. In real life you would just clam up!