AFA/70 Graf,Cangey,Elias,Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tell ya one thing that is FACT and not opinion and that is that Graf and Elias know that damn contract like the back of their hands. Is Cangey NOT liked by anyone? I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone that didn't think he was a FANTASTIC person and more than capable. That combination would rock Tempe and hell Flores to the core. He'd be in CLT ready to crap himself. Let me tell ya.....they'd be comin' for ya brotha. :up:
sorry, should have said graf, cangey, elias & linton...she has drive...just VOTE people...trust me graf & cangey have the balls to get things done as LEC & LECVP.... VOTE...VOTE...VOTE... show the COMPANY WE CARE and have a voice...start a phone tree to get the word out...VOTE... :up:

TG and team are as well informed regarding our contract as anyone.

TG and RC have the courage, knowledge and drive to deliver on what they promise.

You should see the look on supervisors faces when confronted w/ TG.

RC was in the office, so he knows how things work- inside and out.

ME, I don't know as well but seems to be of the same cut of cloth.

Good luck guys!

We have an election coming up in Phoenix as well. Its time to start cleaning and letting MF and the gang do whatever they want.

DING DING DING - WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

This is by FAR the best ticket going. Ms Graf and Mr. Elias are 110% committed to the welfare of ALL PHL F/A's

This is the group to vote for, folks.

Put your trust in these 4 and we'll see MAJOR advances in our working agreement, at ALL levels of seniority!

Very disappointing. :down: The thought makes me want to vomit. :angry: Will someone get a real ticket going. Pitbull, never thought you would put out like this, very disappointed.

I don't really have a say on who should run, I just know the knuclehead that's in office currently, and he should not be occupying union office collecting union dues from an organization he has always, always deposed and condemed for most of his career. The only time he acutally shutt up about AFA is when AFA went to batt for him to save him from termination, and won't give them credit, but he didn't slam them either and from a guy whose been on Dependability for the greater part of his career.

If Mike Elais and Cagney are running for LECP or VP, that's where my vote would e if I were a member.

Graf/ Cangey/ Elias/ Jones in some combination would be amazing. Seeing what these people have done in the past, we would be in good hands. Let's make sure we get the word out to the Int'l girls....

On a side note, can anyone offer any info on Linton? Don't know her, has she been involved in the past? I realize we don't even know who is running yet, but any info is appreciated.....

Time for a regime change...LA #2 needs to go......

Linton has a masters in web design, she could revamp the website. An effective website would get more people involved.

As far as I'm concerned, this election process is already scewed. I am flying with two people that just came over from PIT and they did not get nomination ballots. The one used to be very involved in the union over there and said that none of the F/As that came to PHL in January and February were sent ballots. AFA needs to get their #### together....or has this been done on purpose ? The plot thickens. I can tell you one thing, they want to vote for anyone but JM and are going to make sure they get election ballots. PIT was a very strong union base. Those people there like to vote and be involved.

As far as I'm concerned, this election process is already scewed. I am flying with two people that just came over from PIT and they did not get nomination ballots. The one used to be very involved in the union over there and said that none of the F/As that came to PHL in January and February were sent ballots. AFA needs to get their #### together....or has this been done on purpose ? The plot thickens. I can tell you one thing, they want to vote for anyone but JM and are going to make sure they get election ballots. PIT was a very strong union base. Those people there like to vote and be involved.

First Make sure AFA International addresses this issue. I think JM should start making some noise to AFA INT. But you wont see that since he knows that a lot of PIT F/A wont vote for him. Second if they don't resolved this, remember this was the
nomination ballot. So you make sure you call the AFA International office and get your ballot and VOTE for the strong
Union Leadership Graf, Ellias, Linton & Cangey. With this team PHL will not be messes with. :up:

Linton has a masters in web design, she could revamp the website. An effective website would get more people involved.
very good point, Linton is a sharp cookie and has her act together...can we start a phone tree to get the word out for people that have not up dated there address with AFA? I have talked to a a lot of sr. F/A's that have not up dated there address...we all need to get involved and VOTE we need to have a record turnout to send a STRONG message to the company...

This has to be the most awful proposal from BOTH the company AND the AFA!!!! WTF???????

This is unacceptable to say the least.

The ONLY part that is good is the ability to live away from base and not be required to be within 2 hours.

Negotiations Update Saturday, February 16, 2008
In This Issue: Negotiations and Our Reserve Systems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the last several weeks, the AFA Joint Negotiating Committee (JNC) has been negotiating with US Airways management over the Reserve Section. The JNC has used some key concepts of the West Reserve System but largely modeled our Reserve proposal off the East Reserve section with two sweeping changes: a Seniority based Reserve System and a move away from the current East procedure of being on call for 24 hours in a row.

While the Company agreed to fix some problems with the Reserve system, they proceeded to make other parts worse. Your JNC made it clear to management that this is not a zero sum game. We are not looking to patch some holes in one part of the Reserve system while creating leaks in another. We are looking for a Reserve system that improves the quality of life and earning potential for Reserves.

On the positive note, as explained below, management did agree to certain improvements on the East system, such as the elimination of twenty four hour call and the limited use of seniority the day prior to a day of availability. Improvements for West Reserves already agreed to by management include a requirement for the report time of the assignment to be within the RAP and better On-Premise Reserve (OPR) pay, among other improvements.

However, what management gave with one hand, they took away with the other. The following are a list of unacceptable provisions management wants to incorporate into a Reserve system. These provisions have been rejected by your JNC.

Days of availability buckets (limiting trips a Reserve could fly to days of availability)
Moveable days scheduled only before Golden days.
Force Reserves to work until 0330 on Golden Day with no restoration of day off.
Continued used of time balancing.
Eliminate ability to select among multiple available trips on day of assignment.
Allow Crew Scheduling to assign Reserve another segment when they return to domicile after a trip. (Tagging.)

Through Union meetings, the Wilson Survey, the online survey, emails and conversations with individual Reserves and discussions with our MEC and LEC Reserve chairs, the JNC developed a proposal which focuses on two core principles:

1. Quality Of Life

2. The Ability To Earn A Living

Quality Of Life

The JNC proposed a system based on Reserve Availability Periods (RAPS). The Company has agreed to create twelve (12) hour RAP periods in which Reserves will only be contactable within the RAP and only awarded or assigned a pairing that reports within the RAP. This represents an improvement to the current West Reserve system, where Reserves may be assigned trips that report well after the Reserve’s RAP has ended.
The JNC has proposed an additional INV or Golden day to match the current West Contract for a total of nine (9) INV or Golden days along with the three (3) OFF or Moveable days.
The JNC proposed a two-hour call out time to report to the airport and no requirement to reside within a two-hour drive time to the airport. The Company has countered with a two-hour call out time to “check-inâ€￾ at the airport with no residence language.
The JNC has proposed the elimination of Reserve tagging. Tagging under the current West Contract allows the Company to add additional segment(s) to a Reserve trip assignment when they return to domicile after completing the trip.
The JNC proposal would use seniority as the mechanism for trip assignment rather than a time balancing or LTO system. The Company has countered with seniority the day prior but has added a bucket and pool system.
The Company proposal would allow Reserves to bid for trips that day prior in seniority order until they reached a sixty-five (65) hour threshold at which point the Reserve would revert back to LTO until all other Reserves reached sixty-five (65) hours. The Company proposal would assign trips in LTO on the day of assignment. The Company proposal seeks to match trip awards with days of availability.
The JNC proposal cleaned up OPR pay. West Reserves receive one for two for OPR (known as Airport Ready Reserve on the West) and the shift may be extended. AFA proposed and the Company agreed to the East formula of 3:30 for a four hour OPR shift which cannot be extended. Pay for an OPR awarded/assigned a trip during the OPR shift would be pro-rated up until the check in time of the awarded/assigned trip. We are still in dispute about whether an OPR may be required to remain after the end of the OPR shift of complete boarding duties.
The Ability to Earn a Living

The JNC understands Reserve is not what it used to be. Reserve at an airline with no growth can go on for a long time. The JNC believes that any Reserve proposal should take that fact into account. Gone are the days of being on Reserve for six months and therefore a system must be negotiated that allows Reserves to earn a living without having to work all of their days off to do so.

The JNC believes a Seniority based system for selecting trips is the only fair way to provide someone the necessary reward for their years of service and has proposed just that.

We have not addressed the Reserve Guarantee at this time but we do believe that the guarantee needs to be increased.

The JNC does not believe that Reserves should have to work their days off to earn a living, but we have proposed a pay above guarantee for both trips flown off the ETB and Company time flown on days off be paid above guarantee.

The Company believes otherwise. The Company believes it is in their best interest for every Reserve to come as close to the guarantee as possible without exceeding it. While that may make financial sense for the Company, it makes no sense to the JNC. Our Reserves deserve a system that balances the needs of the Company without putting Reserves into bankruptcy or driving them to the brink of exhaustion.

This is going to be a difficult fight but we are certainly prepared to take it on.

The JNC will meet with the Company in negotiations the week of February 26-28 where will continue our work on the Reserve Section along with our preliminary work on the International Section.

In Solidarity,

Gary Richardson, MEC President America West Airlines
Mike Flores, MEC President US Airways
Nicki Kirkeby, AFA America West Negotiations Representative
Carol Austin, AFA US Airways Negotiations Representative

The only part I liked was the 12 hour shifts. I think there should be a longer call out time. Two hours still isn't enough when you have to drive in rush hour traffic or on a major highway with traffic and God forbid there's a wreck or construction going on. The bottom line is, they don't care about reserves. Our negotiating committee is only interested in the top f/as. Just about every idea we have given them has fallen on deaf ears. Let's not allow them to sell us out this time people, OK? Their proposals suck! To you Westies, get ready because many of you are going to get a real taste of life as a reserve at US Airways for the remainder of your career unless you vote no and take a stand! In case you haven't heard, we have reserves with 20 years' seniority back East! MF has made it plain and clear that this is how it is going to be.

I don't know about the east negotiators (Mike and Carol), but the west it totally f'n clueless. The current west president (Gary) and Sec/Treas (Mary) haven't flown trips in YEARS. Gary has been not legal to fly for months and is in requal status. They are so beyond out of touch with the membership, ESPECIALLY the reserves. Don't even get me started on their double dipping and lead pay issues. As a result there is a revolution brewing with the upcoming election and they are most certainly going to be out. Nicki the other west member of the negotiating team is more worried about getting us to contact McCain to push through FMLA legislation than getting the FA's of this company a decent contract. Gimme a break!

So, Gary if you read this, better get yourself into requal and don't forget to make sure you've ordered your new uniform. And Mary, sorry but your times of working (re: internet shopping) in the office are numbered. I welcome you two back to the line so you can see for yourselves how screwed up this company really is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back