AFA Labor Relations Thread 10/6---

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the meeting was the hard part, getting people to show up and vote. I think it will be easier to have people vote from home when the Ballots are sent out within the next week. Regardless on how you feel... VOTE!!!!!!

HA :lol: The last vote for PHL Local 70 was by phone and the voter turnout was absolutely pathetic. These people can't even pick up a phone. :lol: I salute you guys/gals.

Oy Vay! I don't care weather it's YES or NO! Vote Vote Vote!

Recall 'em All!

On a side note Council Rep Tim Brennan couldn't even show up to his own meeting! Pathetic!

HA :lol: The last vote for PHL Local 70 was by phone and the voter turnout was absolutely pathetic. These people can't even pick up a phone. :lol: I salute you guys/gals.

A correction...the last vote was by computer. Still, it was amazing to see how low the voter turnout was.

I was able to bail out of my furlough job early on friday and got to go to the recall meeting. I had to sign in as a guest since I'm on furlough and couldn't get up and talk. Everyone keeps yapping about how the ones kicked out after the last election are behind this, but that isn't what I saw. The room was clearly divided and those against the recall seem to be all the ones getting paid to help out. Including Jeff's girlfriend who I hear is in the office everyday now. Everyone knows why she is all about him and keeping them in office. Too bad she doesn't get it that we all know the 4-1-1 on those two. I heard plenty of people get up and just say they were tired of the officers not living up to the campaign promises and that they didn't want liars and thiefs leading them. Jeff did most of the talking for Lisa and him. Doreen tried to get up and explain why she isn't in the office. I'm still not 100% on that, but it has something to do with not being told what her job is, but then Lisa said it was because Doreen didn't like her job? Who the he** knows. It's funny how Lisa and them don't get that this whole recall deal was started by one pissed off reserve. They think it's all part of some big drama to have the east take us over. Listen up people, it ain't gonna happen because it can't happen. We are still separated. Jeez.

I learned what I already knew before I was sent packing. Those people are too busy fighthing with each other to lead the west. They are too busy blaming their screw-ups on other people. They lied, then got caught. Jeff attempted to apologize and I give him a thumbs of on that, but Lisa just sat there, no saying sorrying for putting us in a bad light or anything. Maybe they don't ALL need to go, but Lisa does, for sure. She is no leader. It looks like the westies have the choice to keep liars, thieves, cheaters (that's Jeff), and people that don't care that they make us look stupid in as officers or they can clean house. I'm hoping they get people to vote and they clean house. Start with Lisa and work it down.

Wow, I don't know what meeting you went to but it certainly wasn't that recall meeting! I mean, really, do you post on here just to see how inaccurate you can be before someone calls you on it? Or else you must get some trip off of misinforming East flight attendants? Ok, yes, a reserve started the recall train, but boy did everyone from the previous admin just on it fast! And every one of them got up to speak. Lisa spoke and responded very well. And Jeff dispelled every rumor mill question asked of him. Doreen just glared and huffed and read from some written statement. And Tim didn't even show up.

Wow, I don't know what meeting you went to but it certainly wasn't that recall meeting! I mean, really, do you post on here just to see how inaccurate you can be before someone calls you on it? Or else you must get some trip off of misinforming East flight attendants? Ok, yes, a reserve started the recall train, but boy did everyone from the previous admin just on it fast! And every one of them got up to speak. Lisa spoke and responded very well. And Jeff dispelled every rumor mill question asked of him. Doreen just glared and huffed and read from some written statement. And Tim didn't even show up.
I am an East flight attendant and I don't want them in office. They jeopardized the negotiations of 2 unions with their actions. Then they lied about it. Bottom line is they are sitting at the bargaining, yes to represent the flight attendants in PHX however they are also making decisions that will effect my life and the 4500+ lives of those of us on the East as well as their PHX base. You don't have people in these types of positions that steal and lie about it and then try to justify their actions to make it acceptable. Its time for them to go, and in all honest the PHX based flight attendants need to wake up and smell the jet fuel. You don't have anyone out there who is experienced enough to bring you a decent contract with livable wages and decent quality of life nor are any of you willing to stand up to management. We know how to play this game this is not our first time at this rodeo. Stand beside us and lets get this party started.

I know its an old saying but no truer words have ever been spoken:

UNITED WE WILL STAND; DIVIDED WE WILL FALL

I am an East flight attendant and I don't want them in office. They jeopardized the negotiations of 2 unions with their actions. Then they lied about it. Bottom line is they are sitting at the bargaining, yes to represent the flight attendants in PHX however they are also making decisions that will effect my life and the 4500+ lives of those of us on the East as well as their PHX base. You don't have people in these types of positions that steal and lie about it and then try to justify their actions to make it acceptable. Its time for them to go, and in all honest the PHX based flight attendants need to wake up and smell the jet fuel. You don't have anyone out there who is experienced enough to bring you a decent contract with livable wages and decent quality of life nor are any of you willing to stand up to management. We know how to play this game this is not our first time at this rodeo. Stand beside us and lets get this party started.

I know its an old saying but no truer words have ever been spoken:

UNITED WE WILL STAND; DIVIDED WE WILL FALL

You are very entitled to your opinion, and I am to mine. Cactus isn't voicing opinions, but blatant lies. Lies one would not spread to the "official West forum" because too many would call it out. And even at the recall meeting, Jeff maintains that he stole no papers out of Mike's bag.

Well evidently I attended the same meeting as Cactus. At the end of the day I think all the officers were pathetic! I thought Doreen spoke well but I don't think she belongs as VP. These people have one small problem they can't get past, THEY CAN'T GET ALONG! Jeff's apology was not sincere, Lisa still can't answer questions with the truth. They have developed some small clique of paid employees. Tim Brennan can't even bother to show up. They have all been bad children and they all need to go. They directly have jeopardized negotiations with their behavior and actions.

RECALL THEM ALL!

You are very entitled to your opinion, and I am to mine. Cactus isn't voicing opinions, but blatant lies. Lies one would not spread to the "official West forum" because too many would call it out. And even at the recall meeting, Jeff maintains that he stole no papers out of Mike's bag.
He can maintain his innocence all he wants. I don't believe a word that comes from his mouth or Lisa's for that matter. They know what they did, if they had any ounce of integrity(which we already know they don't) they would resign and not put their council through all of this. She bit off more then she could chew when she ran for that position and was elected.

I for one stand behind the flight attendants in Council 66 in their decision to recall them all. The membership needs to hold their elected officers accountable.

Well Jeff got up and said that he had only been found guilty of acting contrary to the best interests of the union and its members, but that finding was based on the fact that Albers admitted he lied to Flores on March 11 when asked if he had copied the documents. What you are referring to is Jeff's use of incomplete context and obfuscation hoping that most of us hadn't read the Decision and Order Document from the Hearing Board, but we have.

Cactus Flyer is right, the mix of the participants at the meeting appeared to be about 50/50, and it was a bizarre 2 and 1/2 hours overall.

The "official West forum". You mean the one that is populated by a dozen posters who are so incestuous that they banned the participation of their very own involuntary furloughed flight attendants? They asked LeCarre and Albers to cut them off and they did. That action illustrates how self involved Council 66 and their supporters are. They don't seem to have a clue what core union values are and I have never seen FAs and officers act so badly toward their peers and their damaged junior members.

Sorry SSDA, but to AFA members outside of the "official west forum" there are no excuses or rationalizations to keep people with such poor judgment as negotiators or officers of a labor union.

Sandy Eggo (luv the name!) welcome and I hope you post more. You saw exactly what I saw and you summed it all up much better that I did.

It is pathetic that after the furloughed FA's were told we would have access to our discussion site that the minute it looks like we might support their recall our board privileges are yanked. It boils down to leaders who don't know how to tell the truth and a president that doesn't know how to lead. All she wants to do is divide and attack the FA's that ask questions she doesn't want to answer.

I can't vote, but I hope everyone that can does and that they vote for a complete recall of them all!!!

Actually we weren't banned for supporting the recall - we were banned for not supporting the recall.

The Webmaster is a recall proponent. Thankfully most of the junior folk were able to form their own opinions without having blatant lies and exaggerations speak for them.

But in any case, I hope calmer heads prevail as recalling our officers does nothing to help us and everything to hurt us.

I mean we're asking people who were recalled themselves to step in and save us... have we forgotten WHY these people aren't in office anymore? I mean wow.

Stupidity knows no boundaries.

I mean it'd be like replacing Saddam with Khadafi... I mean sure Saddam's gone but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back