AFA Labor Relations Thread 10/6---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually we weren't banned for supporting the recall - we were banned for not supporting the recall.

The Webmaster is a recall proponent.

If true that is very, very lame.

I have heard Gary's and Mary's names mentioned. They were not recalled, they lost re-election. I have also heard Bill's name. He was, as I recall, recalled.

Actually we weren't banned for supporting the recall - we were banned for not supporting the recall.

The Webmaster is a recall proponent. Thankfully most of the junior folk were able to form their own opinions without having blatant lies and exaggerations speak for them.

Either way, you are stating that the Webmaster is guilty of allowing their personal feelings to override their professional guidelines also? If true it is more of the same in this whole squalid saga and we need a new Webmaster too.

Everything that happens here indicates a need to clean house. With Council66 history and some of the circus-like moments at the meeting, AFA International will likely be vetting the temporary officers very carefully. I doubt you will see the return of the resigned. They have already been a problem for AFA.

With my contract on the line AFA International better pick people that have half a brain and are not obstructionists. I bet we see Gary return.

The Webmaster is a recall proponent. Thankfully most of the junior folk were able to form their own opinions without having blatant lies and exaggerations speak for them.

But in any case, I hope calmer heads prevail as recalling our officers does nothing to help us and everything to hurt us.

I mean we're asking people who were recalled themselves to step in and save us... have we forgotten WHY these people aren't in office anymore? I mean wow.

Stupidity knows no boundaries.

I mean it'd be like replacing Saddam with Khadafi... I mean sure Saddam's gone but...

Ummm, hello? The webmaster only did what they were TOLD to by Jeff Albers. The webmaster was told to close the thread with the link to the recallcouncil66.com website and to remove the link. It even said on the closed thread that is was locked per the sec/treasurer. Then I got an email saying my board access is denied due to being on furlough. The webmaster doesn't make those decisions. The MEC does because I tried to push the issue and was told to contact Lisa or Jeff. Still waiting on that return email. Another example of the pathetic communication and dysfunction of the classless and clueless council 66 MEC. I like how they are now giving the membership chair non-bidder status along with 105 hours of UB for this month. All so she can do her boyfriend's job. One that we elected him to do and NOT his mistress. So, I can see where you think the current MEC is just so much better and chock full of integrity. :rolleyes: Caught stealing, lying and cheating? No problem, right?

Pot, meet kettle.

They need to be wiped out and sent off to pasture like yesterday. Recalibrate council 66 and get moving on more important issues that effects us ALL.

Ummm, hello? The webmaster only did what they were TOLD to by Jeff Albers. The webmaster was told to close the thread with the link to the recallcouncil66.com website and to remove the link. It even said on the closed thread that is was locked per the sec/treasurer.

If, as a member of that forum, I discovered that someone anonymously put up a site that spreads rumors and slanderous lies about me, and that the link is being put on the forum, it would be completely within my right to request that the webmaster take down the link. Only difference is it would say "removed per member request."

My friend who is furloughed received an email that stated access was discontinued per MEC SEC

I attended the recall meeting as well. The pro-Lisa & Jeff recallers were the rudest bunch of people I've seen in a long time. We all sat patiently and quietly listened to them attack the MEC, but when those members who were against the recall came up to speak they were heckled and belittled and told they needed to "sit down". One pro-recaller even jumped up, grabbed the mike and stated it was time to stop the question and answer period and go for a vote. This was after 8-10 pro-recallers had just had their say and it was the turn of someone who was against the recall. Even Kevin C. from International told him he was out of line. Lisa and Jeff very calmly and openly answered each and every one of the "questions" thrown at them, while when Dorene was asked a question, she would turn and glare at the person asking the question and speak to them in the most condescending voice possible.

The recall was originally started by some of our more junior workforce who are fed up with the bad working conditions and pay for the reserves. Contrary to the popular belief amongst our reserves, most of the west f/a's, no matter how junior or senior, agree the reserves are treated badly and want that to change. I have heard some of the reserves say all they want right now is a raise. I have also heard them say they don't care about giving up our 5th week of vacation if it gets them a raise now. There are two problems with that concept. Number one, is that it isn't a raise....it's shuffling. The second problems with this idea is that you never, ever give up something good in a contract to get a "raise". Someday they will be eligible for that 5th vacation week. And with that vacation week comes the option of working through it for the extra money...something you won't have by giving it up for a raise right now. With that being said, some of the old members of the MEC and their allies have jumped on the bandwagon and joined in on the recall. These are the same people who did nothing to help in the transition when the new MEC took office. These are the same people who had no idea what the reserves were talking about when they were asked questions about reserve scheduling, hours, etc. It was not a priority to the old MEC. Even the idea of having them back in office leaves me cold.

I, like most of the west f/a workforce, am frustrated by the fact we do not have a new contract. But to "blame" our current MEC is ridiculous. They have made some progress, but it has been a slow progress to be sure. Dealing with our management is like talking to a stone wall. It seems the pro-recallers have forgotten about this. You can't "force" management to accept our proposals. And for those that say no grievances have been filed or settled...if you were at the recall meeting you would have heard from the Grievance Chair herself about each and every one of the grievances that have been filed and settled this year....as well as information regarding the 7 west f/a's that have gotten their jobs back after being wrongfully terminated.

And for Cactusflyer who is spreading the rumors about our Sec/Treas and one of the Chairs.....shame, shame, shame on you. You have no idea what you are talking about. You are being fed and and are spreading bad information. And as for that Chair helping out with some of the extra work in the office....it's called teamwork....a concept you obviously have forgotten about.

Again I don't know what meeting you were at but People supporting either side were rude! Get a clue! As for Jeff's personal life it your right it doesn't belong on here but Fact is Fact. Please enlighten us why they are SO wonderful? Lisa and Jeff bit off more that they can chew with this gig and riding the gravy train!

Fact is fact, the blatant LIE and rumor about his personal life doesn't belong on here. Not to mention how hurtful this is to the other innocent person being dragged through the mud.

Now, Now everybody.......stop complaining. Things are great around here. It's all the negativity on this board that is dragging down USairways and all of us with it. :rolleyes: HAHAHAHA just kiddiing! ! ! ! This place is an absolute JOKE. But hey.....I have a direct link to report cup shortages on the aircraft. :blink:

The west has been in negotiations way, way too long. Everyone on the west who is complaining that the current MEC hasn't gotten us a contract yet needs to step back and really think about what they are saying. How long has this MEC been in office? A little more than a year. ANYONE can get us a contract in two or three months. ANYONE! It's what's in that contract that is important. This company doesn't want to budge....so yes it is taking a long time...longer than any of us would like. We are fighting an uphill battle. Instead of complaining about how long it's taking, how about getting onboard and helping out. We need a contract that is good for all of us, no matter what your seniority is.
But the bottom line is the union is only as strong as its members.

I've lurked on this board for several years now, but am compelled to finally register and post.

Cactusflyer, your true colors are showing. You have stooped to an all-time low with your last few posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back