AFA Labor Relations Thread 10/6---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well really it's 1 base closure and two base closures. Sure that equals 3 but it's from TWO different airlines. Sorry but it's true. Not saying that the two bases on the east won't be a pain for many or the few folks in LAS but just being technical as others on here. ;) Those in LAS/PHX should be glad with two base closures on the east that PHX isn't an option for some. :shock: One gal up in boston is #12 on the system seniority list. Holy Mother Mary. :lol:

If she's going to PHL kicking and screaming...I'll expect to see her on TLV.
What and find herself most junior? :lol: I suspect some that are quite senior in BOS and LGA will quit. There are some really nice f/a's up there. This really stinks.

The union is going to try and get a buy out for the f/a's but as usual they will get stonewalled by the company.

I think it would be the best thing to do in the long run for the company and the f/a's.

I think if they offer the same package as when PIT closed they will get MORE than what they need regardless of medical.

Sorry to hear about the news of the base closures. Being on furlough myself, I wouldn't wish that on anyone and I feel bad for everyone that is going to feel the effects of this mess. I was totally shocked to hear it was 3 bases. I mean wow. Goes to show no one is safe in this business.

The west president talked to the media. Why would you ever say you were satisfied with the company's business explanation? How about being a little more pissed off for the FA's and pointing out the bonuses that some still manage to get or the mismanagement that leads to these decisions. Oh and then she makes it sound like the company is doing us a favor by offering voluntary leaves. THEY HAVE TO, IT IS IN THE CONTRACT! Weak and I would say that about anyone who spoke on our behalf that way. Not just her.

Lisa Lecarre speaks to channel 3

That chick needs to GO like yesterday. Talk about weird. :rolleyes: She is so out of her league and over her head. WOW :blink:

I second the Wow. Out of all of the people who were at corporate today the two who end up on on camera are Union reps Lisa and Bryce (yes the pilot husband) LeCarre.

And they both say make very neutral remarks about US Airways.....not their usual demeanor.

Strange

At least folks who live in BOS and LGA have a number of options to get to work that they might actually be able to commute to DCA.

PHL and CLT on the other hand.....

The spot price of any PIT-PHL flight that gets in before the international departures in PHL and any of the late PHL-PIT flights on any carrier just hit the ceiling.

Oh and then she makes it sound like the company is doing us a favor by offering voluntary leaves. THEY HAVE TO, IT IS IN THE CONTRACT! Weak and I would say that about anyone who spoke on our behalf that way. Not just her.

Wrong again, Cactusflyer. The company is required to offer those on the West Voluntary FURLOUGHS. Not Voluntary LEAVES. BIG difference between the two.

SECTION 21 - FURLOUGH/DISPLACEMENT/RECALL

A. 1. When a reduction in the number of active Flight Attendants is necessary, the Company shall simultaneously offer voluntary and involuntary furloughs.

The spot price of any PIT-PHL flight that gets in before the international departures in PHL and any of the late PHL-PIT flights on any carrier just hit the ceiling.

I was a rev pax on a WN flight going to PIT, didn't realize we were the 530PM PHL-PIT flight. Had close to 30 US employees on board, all in uniform. was kinda surprised seeing so many on WN.

I was a rev pax on a WN flight going to PIT, didn't realize we were the 530PM PHL-PIT flight. Had close to 30 US employees on board, all in uniform. was kinda surprised seeing so many on WN.
Just wait until the LAS base closure! The commute for pilots and fa's will look very similar and nasty going to PHX.
Major dejavu, ala PIT!! :lol: :lol: :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.