AFA Labor Relations Thread 12/30-

Status
Not open for further replies.
BabyGirl,

If you were hired in 1984, you my lady are not on "B" Scale. You are at the top of the pay scale. Don't throw a pity on a party unless you have the balls to back it up with truth. Granted the RSV system sucks... Nobody and I mean nobody disagrees with you... BH's included... However... the fact still remains the same... We are in negotiations that are still on going and hopefully we will have something we can view, vote on and approve or not. Fact is, you have a voice... use it... but don't try to make me feel sorry for you... Pity gets you no where on this site... You see how everyone just loves PIT and wants it back... right...
Catching my drift... Your comments on seniority also bother me... Perhaps you would like all the senior people to leave... Just quit so you become senior... Would that make you happy?... Then perhaps the items everyone wants to #$*%! about for the BH's might come back and bite you in your ass...

The basic principle of a contract is seniority based... With that in mind... You should look far enough ahead of yourself to see beyond your selfishness...

Just my opinion...

I think you misread Baby's post. I read that she was speaking to "Miss 1984 hire" - Baby, like many of us, are still B-scale.

I think it's fair to say that most reserves who want to work, who are begging to work, who are going further in debt every day with our 1300 a month bring home pay WOULD like the miserable flight attendants, whatever their seniority, to quit. Month after month we hear the same snide insults that we should be happy we have a guarantee, that it's not fair we can etb with PnC, that it's our job to cover all the holidays, all the weekends, all the days where it's raining and people don't feel like driving to the airport...

We want flexibility with our schedules the way BH's have flexibility with theirs. BH can bid, SAP, etb drop, etb pick up, the go on the AIL and completely rework their month. RSVs get what they get, period. If they choose to work on their days off they can make a little extra money, if the BH trips that were dropped fit every parameter of legality and if there is something available.

No one wants any flight attendant to lose what they currently have. The system is so one-sided it's abhorrant.

I'm done here. I apologize for anything that offended others in my post. I am in no way trying to make others feel sorry for me. As far as using my voice, I have tried. My voice is now dead and my ears are clogged up with "the blockholders won't go for that."

For those posters who think we have a seniority based contract look at the RSV System....my seniority was given away in favor of a LTO system. For you BH who cant understand the impact this had....imagine the AIL going according to time flown and NOT seniority. Yep, take a moment an imagine how that would impact your life.

Then think about the possibility of NO trips being left when they get to you because you already flew once that month and when I say no trips I am not just talking about NO GOOD trips.....I am talking NO trips! Then imagine having to be in base while NO trips are available for you to fly and you cant go home or make your time.

Dont talk to me about seniority. I am just like a new hire not able to make my time even thought I am a very senior reserve.....we are all equal.

For those posters who think we have a seniority based contract look at the RSV System....my seniority was given away in favor of a LTO system. For you BH who cant understand the impact this had....imagine the AIL going according to time flown and NOT seniority. Yep, take a moment an imagine how that would impact your life.

What is amazing to me........

LTO was implemented as a "stop-gap" for the PBS system when the powers that be came to the determination that "it was not cost effective" or "didn't want to spend the money"
Or what Tempe calls: "COST NEUTRAL".

The fact that this system is even being allowed by the union to still be utilized in our contract is inexcusable.

It speaks volumes about the current MEC leadership: throw the RSV's under the bus "we can't negotiate anything that benefits only one segment work group". WTFO? Really?

But it's OK to try to sneak out a LOA during the holidays - and because Christmas and New Year's happened in the same month as a snow storm...better crank out an LOA to give the company some more latitude to violate the contract.

Wow, we used to just call that December.

For someone who is now currently a BH (just barely), but sat RSV for 17 years (only 3 under LTO), I find it unconscionable that the union has effectively given up fighting for the RSVs and pursuing a seniority based RSV system.

A great deal of us are one "pen stroke" away from being back on RSV - and most aren't even aware of that fact.

It is surprising to me why the membership hasn't begun lighting bonfires and collecting pitchforks? Is it apathy or just laziness? The MEC elites are too busy concentrating on splitting from the pilots and implementing a PBS (PURE BS) system in the JNC.....if and when that ever happens.

Somehow they didn't get them memo that for the past 4 years a great number of F/As on the East (and West) are living at or below the poverty level. But, no one is willing to confront the Union, or the "Emperor" (wearing his new clothes from all the bonuses handed out for reinventing the wheel and padding flight times ) and his army of corporate suck ups. The F/A group gave up quality of life issues a long time ago under duress, now it is time for reparations.

What happened to the pension (that was fully funded)?
What about social security off set?
Could these be the reasons that many are still here and still can't retire (even if they want to)?

When your already getting PBGC and Social Security and only working the best 3-4 T/A trips a month, WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO QUIT?

This issues should not result into a BH vs. RSV battle, because after all (unless your a US Airways pilot) it's still all about seniority.

But it is definitely time for something to give only if the membership wants it to. Tempe knows that the F/As are their own worst enemy. As we say in TX "BIG HAT - NO RANCH"
If the F/As are content in being regarded as "the least educated labor group" and "one step above a waitress", then by all means sit back and watch what happens or better yet just put your transfer in for CLT or PHX your really going to like it.

I actually heard people say "Doug Parker saved our airline"..... Really, at what cost? Your financial well being, your marriage, your career, your health? I actually had someone tell me "I had to file bankruptcy due to the pay cuts but I still have a job". No you just have paycheck that is above minimum wage.

I have also heard people say (ad nuseum) "if you don't like it here you can always quit", better yet why don't YOU do US ALL the rest of us a favor and QUIT. Your too stupid, and you will never get it because it's not spelled out for you on FOX NEWS. We all can quit at anytime - that's not the point. No one should have to quit, they should be able to retire. God knows after 20-30-40 years of service we have thousands that would love to do just...... YESTERDAY!!!!!

You want something to change for the better? Then just like Gordon Bethune said: "you are going to have to negotiate it" and you are going to have to get involved and make your voice heard so "they" are tired of hearing it and actually DO SOMETHING about it. Elect someone into the union that is going to negotiate something tangible for you and a long term solution for this dilemma. One thing is obvious - It's something that TEMPE and the Union still haven't (or wanted to) been able to accomplish 4 + years.

Why?

DO YOU really think this is best you deserve in a contract (at the bottom of the barrel) - then it is and will be.

Regardless of your seniority, or how you came to US Airways.......think about this:

A great deal was made about "corporate culture" during the merger (did we actually have one?), think about "corporate culture" that Doug Parker and Company HAVE CREATED here in the past 4 years and are you happy with the results?

If your not, this is your wake up call.

Be a shareholder, not just an employee.....
[rant mode off]

Then think about the possibility of NO trips being left when they get to you because you already flew once that month and when I say no trips I am not just talking about NO GOOD trips.....I am talking NO trips! Then imagine having to be in base while NO trips are available for you to fly and you cant go home or make your time.

Dont talk to me about seniority. I am just like a new hire not able to make my time even thought I am a very senior reserve.....we are all equal.

Elegantly Put!!!!!!

Glucose and violet, both eloquently put. Unfortunately I can't see the posters so I cannot comment on their "elegance". :rolleyes:

Glucose, your post couldn't be more spot-on about the F/A group, particularly those working under the unfair, LTO, straight reserve system. If we can organize "angry reserves" into "informed activists", the world is ours.

Glucose, your post couldn't be more spot-on about the F/A group, particularly those working under the unfair, LTO, straight reserve system. If we can organize "angry reserves" into "informed activists", the world is ours.

We can only hope.

IF FACEBOOK goes down on election day.......we have a shot.

Informed activist?? No way we can't have that - informed activists isn't in the business model.

Maybe if Dougie and company lose the support of LABOR (including the pilots) We can have them join the ranks of "EX" Airline Management (and I use that term loosely).
How much money do you have to lose and pi$$ away before the BOD does something about the leadership?

Just wanted to say I appreciate violet's explanation regarding the ail. Very well said, and Glucose - that was the most well written post I've seen.

So what do we do with it? How do we put words into actions that won't fall on deaf ears?

:up: :up:

It all looks fab on US Aviation, but "Real World"? Is ANYONE out there willing to take a stand? Get some REAL representation for ALL FAS????

I'll help out! But I can't lead..... Is there anyone who is willing to take a stand?

Well, if the group is for it, AFA elections are coming up soon ... at least in CLT. If y'all aren't happy with the more senior people in office, elect some more junior people (a.k.a. reserves). It would be interesting to see what would happen if all the sitting LECP's were replaced with junior candidates ... I'm not sure that the company's negotiators would know what hit them ...

Unless It Is In Writing From The Person That "Suppose To Have Got The Email" It is JUST Hearsay!! Plain and Simple!

The email was NOT hearsay. I have a copy of it right from the source.
Completely uncalled for and unprofessional response from the name-caller who responded to this flight attendant's legitimate concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back