AFA topic 11/2-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain "social security offset" that is part of the PBGC package from our former pension.
Specifically what it means to the married folks vs single folks as it relates to spouse's social security benefit?

This is really ugly. It means that if you are married and you retire and file for your social security, you will have the amount of your pension equal to the amount of your spouse's social security deducted. So if you are scheduled to get $700 from the pension and your spouse gets $800 monthly, you will only receive $100. I think. It has been awhile an but I certainly will never forget AFA screwing its members back in '98-remember them boo hooing in front of the cameras as Countdown to Shutdown approached as they feverishly worked to negotiate past midnight. The sticking point was the ss offset. What was bargained for was a complicated formula that is worse than the ss offset but you receive the higher of the two.
Those two-timers!!!!! AFA was in bed with the company the same time they were screwing the flight attendants.

(In other words, you are penalized for being married.)

It means that if you are married and you retire and file for your social security, you will have the amount of your pension equal to the amount of your spouse's social security deducted.
(In other words, you are penalized for being married.)
This leftover stuff form a mostly all women working group as like the reservation agents
The actuaries have it all figure out

I asked in the last thread if anyone new if CLT had their local meeting on the 30th? Anybody know if they had one? The bilaws state they must have one prior to the BOD which happens early this month. Just curious. I was going to go, but nothing was posted and nothing in my mail file....

This issue is not so simple. Actually there is a formula with the family offset gone in the Contract. Monday morning quarterbacking there are many angles to actually see if and for how many years you are affected. My husband is younger than I am so I stay at a higher rate for and extra 4 years. Everyone that appeared on TV in 2000 was not crying and AFA was called out on it back then so NO I was never in bed with the company. Just doing a job for the better of the motley cry babies. Take the 2000 contract out and read it 650 a day 44 days,LTD 3 year ,paid live time insurance,lower cobra ,reserve 3 o'clock realease ,seniority vac fly back, rapid accrual, higher rates of pay and on and on. Now I am crying.......boo hoo ........its after Halloween. Gobble Gooble

I asked in the last thread if anyone new if CLT had their local meeting on the 30th? Anybody know if they had one? The bilaws state they must have one prior to the BOD which happens early this month. Just curious. I was going to go, but nothing was posted and nothing in my mail file....
LMAO---I knew you wouldn't go and would catch your commute back to PIT. What you are saying is that you KNEW there was a meeting but since it wasn't advertised, you chose not to attend even though you had planned on it. I don't get that!

LMAO---I knew you wouldn't go and would catch your commute back to PIT. What you are saying is that you KNEW there was a meeting but since it wasn't advertised, you chose not to attend even though you had planned on it. I don't get that!

Well little miss,

I talked with AC earlier in OCT or late SEPT... She then had stated they were planning to have a meeting on the 30th of OCT in the auditorium at the center of the CLT airport. HOWEVER... Nothing was ever posted, nothing was ever put in my mailfile, and no one ever talked about hearing about it. Hence, I didn't try to go... If there wasn't going to be one on that day...

Trust me... Little Miss...
If there was going to be a meeting.... I would have attended... PERIOD...
And like I said earlier.... The more important question is, were YOU planning on attending?

I DO have a voice... And I use it...

Just my opinion...

Good News... CLT is having their meeting on Mon. Nov 17 in the Auditorium in the center of the airport. I ran into AC on Wed and she confirmed the meeting. She is going to post the times some time this weekend. MF will be discussing negotiations, PF well be dicussing benefits and the such. And YES, missthe727, I am planning on attending.

Hope to all those that @*&CH on this board there also. This is the real forum for your anger and disgust at the present state of conditions.

Just wanted YA'LL to know...

What do you guys think about Lisa LeCarre (west mec pres.) holding up all the f/a negotiations by cancelling the last 3 east/west/company talks... I think it's complete crap and she's got alot of nerve.... I've heard from several f/a's that she doesn't want the contract to go through or make a whole lot of head way in talks because she wants to protect the "senior" ppl by stalling, thus preventing the transfer in of "more" senior f/a's into phx. She is a joke and I'm ebarrassed we voted her in. By the way her husband is a west pilot and so obviously influences her alot at home as with what to do/say about our negotiations. East and there mec/lec's need to know she is only out for herself and the top numbers on phx seniority list.

What do you guys think about Lisa LeCarre (west mec pres.) holding up all the f/a negotiations by cancelling the last 3 east/west/company talks... I think it's complete crap and she's got alot of nerve.... I've heard from several f/a's that she doesn't want the contract to go through or make a whole lot of head way in talks because she wants to protect the "senior" ppl by stalling, thus preventing the transfer in of "more" senior f/a's into phx. She is a joke and I'm ebarrassed we voted her in. By the way her husband is a west pilot and so obviously influences her alot at home as with what to do/say about our negotiations. East and there mec/lec's need to know she is only out for herself and the top numbers on phx seniority list.

The only thing that is "complete crap" is your post. What a load of garbage! :down:

While I am disappointed in 3 canceled sessions I completely understand what a mother hen would do to protect her own which is the entire West. Lisa was elected with the direction of not allowing anyone to cross into the Arizona property and it's what she ran on. On the same line, I as a USAirways East F/A hurl myself at any USAirways West pilot tying to gleam a seat they did not deserve. So in either case folks select your battle. Lisa is married to a pilot ,so am I. Have I suffered yes and has my husband suffered, more than I can tell you. All that being said lets see who gores the bull. The Matador or the audience. Pray for us all.

You are a BLOODY LIER.

Whooooo! You call them a liar and run off? Defend your position sir!

I konw it for a fact, that every world in his posting is a LIE everytime when he talk about the newly elected Union members. He has the tendency to "twist and turn" facts even when it faces him in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back