ALPA AWA MEC Thread for 8/10-8/17

USA320Pilot comments: I believe Captain Marc Miller's comments provide even more reason for East pilots to submit a representational election card to USAPA. If you do not have a card you can obtain one by clicking onto the link below:

Cactusboy53's comments: I believe that Capt. Jack and USA320 are leading the east to certain loss of income that can be realized. Changing the union representation WILL NOT CHANGE the BINDING ARBITRATION.

Here's a blurb on money lost from our MEC Hotline:

More Work for Less Pay

If the East continues down the path of separate operations with no gains likely until at least two years past their amendable date of December 2009 rather than focus on achieving a joint contract, the East MEC have likely forfeited the following amounts on behalf of their pilots had we had a contract by December 2007:

Captain: $115,900
First Officer: $63,064

ALL east pilots could expect 31 days of vacation, rerouting protections, red-flag pairings at 125 percent, reroute and junior assignments at 150 percent, and other substantially improved work rules, not to mention FULL PAY for deadheads, much improved pairing constructions rules, ten golden days each month for reserve pilots (12 or 13 total days off for reserve pilots), etc.

These total figures do not include the higher rates to achieve ratification or any outlying year increases, nor do they include any increased payments to the DC retirement plan.

If you are an East pilot and believe that we should join forces and use ALPA resources to get the money that we deserve......call your representatives and call off this motion to vacate the award. Capt. Jack will cost you huge amounts of money and time......all for that precious left seat in an old 737 heading for Albany. Net losses to you in cash and benefits will be huge.

Doug's got your money and won't give you a dime without a single contract and single list.

PS: What's "inevidible" mean "dude"?

It means that I was too tight on time to spell check. I've been spending a bunch of time at the key board sending Captian Prater e-mails requesting that he do his job: ACCEPT THE AWARD, DELIVER THE AWARD AND DEFEND THE AWARD. That's all.

Here you go: INEVITABLE: Not able to be avoided or prevented................dude.

USA320Pilot comments: I believe Captain Marc Miller's comments provide even more reason for East pilots to submit a representational election card to USAPA. If you do not have a card you can obtain one by clicking onto the link below:

Cactusboy53's comments: I believe that Capt. Jack and USA320 are leading the east to certain loss of income that can be realized. Changing the union representation WILL NOT CHANGE the BINDING ARBITRATION.

Here's a blurb on money lost from our MEC Hotline:

More Work for Less Pay

If the East continues down the path of separate operations with no gains likely until at least two years past their amendable date of December 2009 rather than focus on achieving a joint contract, the East MEC have likely forfeited the following amounts on behalf of their pilots had we had a contract by December 2007:

Captain: $115,900
First Officer: $63,064

ALL east pilots could expect 31 days of vacation, rerouting protections, red-flag pairings at 125 percent, reroute and junior assignments at 150 percent, and other substantially improved work rules, not to mention FULL PAY for deadheads, much improved pairing constructions rules, ten golden days each month for reserve pilots (12 or 13 total days off for reserve pilots), etc.

These total figures do not include the higher rates to achieve ratification or any outlying year increases, nor do they include any increased payments to the DC retirement plan.

If you are an East pilot and believe that we should join forces and use ALPA resources to get the money that we deserve......call your representatives and call off this motion to vacate the award. Capt. Jack will cost you huge amounts of money and time......all for that precious left seat in an old 737 heading for Albany. Net losses to you in cash and benefits will be huge.

Doug's got your money and won't give you a dime without a single contract and single list.

Cactusboy,

I agree and it would appear the writing is on the wall. Yet we continue to see and hear ignorant comments suggesting that this award will eventually be tossed or simply shelved. Cap'n Jack is up to his eyeballs in sh!t and is scrambling for a way out.

You know what the definition of crazy is? Doing the same... Ah he!! let's just call it what it is. The definition of crazy is behaving like the easties...

We are griping over the GREED of the West.

You see the East GAVE the West profit sharing- which is the East's profits
The West got a higher amount of 401k from the East's plan

The West wants 1/2 of the 70 Million to come from LOA93
The West got a 3% payraise in Jan 07 and guess what... NO offer to split with East
The West had no Widebody but now they will own it if the Nic award stands
The West will go from 40% of captains to 60% of captains with the Nic award

The East wants equal pay for the same job but AWA Mec is outraged
If you need more then just ask. The GREED runs deep out West

Oh brother!! What a joke. You GAVE profit sharing because you felt it would lessen the blow when you got DOH!! Want it back?? Would do so gladly soon as you end this unnecessary BS!!

1/2 of the 70 million?? If you are talking about pay you are correct! It the west contract that's up not the east's!!
We go a 3% raise as outlined in our contract 2004 what's the problem??? I would gladly split it with the east just end this B.S. and lets get to work on a real contract!!

The west had no wide bodies at the time but we did have them and we could have easily got them again. The wide body flying is obviously not held in high regard as many JR east pilots fly those trips!! I see that returning furloughs are getting wide body slots. To keep claiming wide body is the cherry in the east is just plain garbage.

The west is in no great hurry to commute to upgrade. In fact there are far more east pilots that want to be based out here in the west than west pilots that want to be based back east...

Oh brother!! What a joke. You GAVE profit sharing because you felt it would lessen the blow when you got DOH!! Want it back?? Would do so gladly soon as you end this unnecessary BS!!

Just the facts that the East did GIVE the West profit sharing. Key word GIVE

1/2 of the 70 million?? If you are talking about pay you are correct! It the west contract that's up not the east's!!
We go a 3% raise as outlined in our contract 2004 what's the problem??? I would gladly split it with the east just end this B.S. and lets get to work on a real contract!!

West MEC wants 1/2 of the 70 million due to the East under LOA93. This again is GREED to take from East.

So then:

West got a 3% payraise in Jan and did they offer 1/2 to the East. NO and this supports the GREED of the West.

Fact not BS

When your GREED stops then we can talk joint contract.

The west had no wide bodies at the time but we did have them and we could have easily got them again. The wide body flying is obviously not held in high regard as many JR east pilots fly those trips!! I see that returning furloughs are getting wide body slots. To keep claiming wide body is the cherry in the east is just plain garbage.

Fact:
The West had no widebodies and none on order.

The East does have them and it is the pilot's option to bid or not bid them. Nic awards removes the option and hands over the widebody. Some East guys will take lifestyle and others go for pay. Then some bid for equipment and bases.

Look at the Captains on the widebody and tell me with a straight face that it is not senior. Look at the senior F/O on the widebody and tell me what you find.

Fact not BS

The west is in no great hurry to commute to upgrade. In fact there are far more east pilots that want to be based out here in the west than west pilots that want to be based back east...

Define hurry. Is it a month, year, 5 years.

Lets see your facts and don't forget to support with numbers. Funny, when did the poll happen for the East? Is this a official jumpseat poll of your's?

PS: What's "inevidible" mean "dude"?

It means that I was too tight on time to spell check. I've been spending a bunch of time at the key board sending Captian Prater e-mails requesting that he do his job: ACCEPT THE AWARD, DELIVER THE AWARD AND DEFEND THE AWARD. That's all.

Here you go: INEVITABLE: Not able to be avoided or prevented................dude.

Your resolve is admirable. Umm...."Captian"? You're right about the spell checking :lol:

Good luck with your Righteous Crusade. I'm certain that Alpo's far, far more concerned with your minority out west than it is with the sword of decertification hanging overhead ;)
Three months and counting...best keep up the barrage of literate emails..."Dude";)

West MEC wants 1/2 of the 70 million due to the East under LOA93. This again is GREED to take from East.

So then:

West got a 3% payraise in Jan and did they offer 1/2 to the East. NO and this supports the GREED of the West.

Fact not BS

When your GREED stops then we can talk joint contract.

First of all we want half of your 70 million??? What is this money for?? In any event If your former company owes you something then by all means get it!! We are not in any way interested in your money and we have not laid any claim to it. Stop trusting your leadership, we have not nor are we going after that. Now with that said we are after OUR OWN version of a stock option!!!

Get to the contract BF and stop this non sense, you have been misinformed AGAIN!! No suprise there...

Fact:
The West had no widebodies and none on order.

The East does have them and it is the pilot's option to bid or not bid them. Nic awards removes the option and hands over the widebody. Some East guys will take lifestyle and others go for pay. Then some bid for equipment and bases.

Look at the Captains on the widebody and tell me with a straight face that it is not senior. Look at the senior F/O on the widebody and tell me what you find.

Fact not BS

No argument as to the status of CURRENT wide bodies on this property but remember AAA was the second choice as ATA was who we were after and they had the wide bodies on property. Now I won't even go into what if's had our first choice come thru!!

Now as for the wide body slots and who on your property are flying them. Is it your position here today to deny that the most jr capt has an 1100 AAA seniority number further are you denying that returning furloughed pilots are getting 767 int'l slots?? Either way you and I both know that the wide body flying here at this company sucks. They are all nighters with 24hr sits.

Define hurry. Is it a month, year, 5 years.

Lets see your facts and don't forget to support with numbers. Funny, when did the poll happen for the East? Is this a official jumpseat poll of your's?

Tell you what, if getting numbers is what you need then lets put something together to help ease your fears however asking to reorder a list based solely on your and your brethrens fears is ridiculous. Now we will see and this frome the west is about 100 pilots going east adn that number is rounded way up. I expect that the number of east heading this way is more than doubled that number. I can say without a doubt that commuting to the east coast losing a day each way to sit reserve capt is not on my list of things most wanted!!!!

Tell you what, if getting numbers is what you need then lets put something together to help ease your fears however asking to reorder a list based solely on your and your brethrens fears is ridiculous. Now we will see and this frome the west is about 100 pilots going east adn that number is rounded way up. I expect that the number of east heading this way is more than doubled that number. I can say without a doubt that commuting to the east coast losing a day each way to sit reserve capt is not on my list of things most wanted!!!!

quote name='AWA320' "Either way you and I both know that the wide body flying here at this company sucks"

QUOTE(AWA320 @ Aug 14 2007, 08:02 PM)
The west is in no great hurry to commute to upgrade. In fact there are far more east pilots that want to be based out here in the west than west pilots that want to be based back east..."

QUOTE(AWA320 @ Aug 14 2007, 08:02 PM)
Oh brother!! What a joke. You GAVE profit sharing because you felt it would lessen the blow when you got DOH!! Want it back?? Would do so gladly soon as you end this unnecessary BS!!"

quote name='AWA320' :"I can say without a doubt that commuting to the east coast losing a day each way to sit reserve capt is not on my list of things most wanted!!!!"

OK: It's finally clear to me:

"The west is in no great hurry to commute to upgrade" :lol:
"..you and I both know that the wide body flying here at this company sucks" :lol:

And...you'll cheerfully refund the profit sharing? :lol: ..and you don't want our attrition, the widebody flying, or any east upgrade?

The west position is one of selfless nobility then. I've been so "misinformed" it seems.

One question only =WHY do you care about implementing the Nic "award" at all? :rolleyes:

Sorry..I must go get a replacement for my BS Indicator....even though it's digital...It just gagged, pegged out and then burned up.

Back