ALPA EC Decision Expected Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question for those in the know, not those that think they are in the know.

IF east side did happen to de-certify ALPA and form their own union. Then LCC is merged with a large ALPA carrier, could the east pilots be stapled to the bottom of the new merged list?

The east cant seperate, the NMB has ruled single carrier status, West pilots will be included in any card signing and election.

See he spews things he does not even know about and expects people to believe his rhetoric.

700UW,

You sit here telling people you know all, you insult others, you insult institutions by mis-pronouncing their name and when challenged you do not have the guts to back up your claims!

C'mon big boy, bet. I bet for no money you do not have the guts!

Here it is - $1,000 cold cash, right now, this weekend awaits.

C'mon big boy show your stuff. You know all...right?

HP_FA,

You're on! :up: I bet the ALPA EC does not approve of the Nicolau Award in it current form at this week's meeting.

The loser of this bet will PM their identity to the winner and we will meet to exchange the money. However, I doubt you will pay up and will renege.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Boy you sound more desperate with each post.

Maybe you need to seek out the EAS and get some help.

Go read the RLA and the arbitration process.

Go Read the NMB representational manual and see how both groups will be involved as you are not seperate under the NMB Regulations.

Lets see how many times did you seek union office and lose?

I have not seen ALPA pubically chastise and disavow any other line pilot EXCEPT YOU!

Just like you threatened to burn the place down when Siegel and the MEC took your pension, that lasted no time and you were lapping at Siegel again being his #1 cheerleader.

Your track record speaks for itself.

Even if the EC says no, the West will get a TRO from the District Court and get the award enforced, just like the IAM had the District Court force the company to adhere to the Grievance/Arbitration Process and make them go to arbitration in the Change of Control Arbitration.

Maybe if you took the time to educate yourself instead of spewing misinformation and rhetoric you would understand the process and how it works, and stop wasting your time and giving others false hope.

700UW,

You sit here telling people you know all, you insult others, you insult institutions by mis-pronouncing their name and when challenged you do not have the guts to back up your claims!

C'mon big boy, bet. I bet for no money you do not have the guts!

Here it is - $1,000 cold cash, right now, this weekend awaits.

C'mon big boy show your stuff. You know all...right?

HP_FA,

You're on! :up: I bet the ALPA EC does not approve of the Nicolau Award in it current form at this week's meeting.

The loser of this bet will PM their identity to the winner and we will meet to exchange the money. However, I doubt you will pay up and will renege.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

HP_FA didn't bet you money.

Your bet saying the EC won't approve the Nic award this week is a no brainer. That is a crap bet. Saying they will or won't approve it by year end is a real bet. Call me if you care to man up. Or are you just hot air?

You are right?

Show the board how many times Binding Arbitration Awards were set aside legally.

The RLA, the Courts and the Law is quite clear, any attempt by ALPO to stave off the award will be met with a TRO by a Federal Court and likely damages being awarded also.

You have no legal leg to stand on, both sides agreed to binding arbitration, which you are bound by, tough luck, you lost and you wont be able to do a thing about it.

700UW,

HP_FA,

Regards,

USA320Pilot

What money? My offer was that the loser leave this forum FOREVER. I am not betting money and I am not exchanging any data with you.

ALPA has no choice but to support the award and will take no action to set it aside or any other such thing.

It's a sucker bet, 700UW.

In my opinion, the EC will intervene.

If the EC says "There's nothing we can do but the two sides should try to work it out" he'll call that intervening and claim victory.

See if he's willing to put his grand on the EC announcing today that they're overturning the award since he believes the ALPA C&BL weren't followed.

Jim

Jim,

You know he won't, he is all full of rhetoric and tries to intimidate instead of actually educating himself and understanding Binding Arbitration is BINDING and there is nothing they can do except beg the West for mercy.

You have to admit though, as time drags on this seems to favor the east position. Although, I do not see the EC "overturning" the award, maybe there will be some sort of concession? If so, it will have been done by mutual agreement between the two MECs with EC pressure for the greater good, blah, blah, blah.

If the EC were to impose a concession on the West this would be a terrible injustice for all ALPA pilots and send shockwaves throughout the legal system. EC would essentially redefine the word "binding" in Arbitration world. There is so much legal precedant in cases like these that ALPA knows they would pay a heavy price.

It's a sucker bet, 700UW.
If the EC says "There's nothing we can do but the two sides should try to work it out" he'll call that intervening and claim victory.

See if he's willing to put his grand on the EC announcing today that they're overturning the award since he believes the ALPA C&BL weren't followed.

Jim

If the EC were to impose a concession on the West this would be a terrible injustice for all ALPA pilots and send shockwaves throughout the legal system. EC would essentially redefine the word "binding" in Arbitration world. There is so much legal precedant in cases like these that ALPA knows they would pay a heavy price.

Agreed. I'm thinking that this is best worked out via the two groups by way of some mutually palatable added provisions. A total overthrow of the award, that then fully disadvantages the West, would likely equip the West with as much anger as the East currently has...with no benefits on either "side" of this mess.

Dude, your track record speaks for itself, it does not matter what ALPO's EC decides, arbitration is binding, if you ever were a union rep you would be educated on the process, you know you ran three times and lost.

You would know the award is binding, and you cant stop it, the West will get a TRO to enforce the award and you will be crying the whole time and making idle threats and spreading your rhetoric.

Don't let the law get in the way of any of your rhetoric as the facts will speak for themself.
700, I have no idea how many times USA320pilot ran for office, whatever. Why do you almost exclusively deviate towards personal attacks instead of being focused on the issues and staying 'fair minded' about things?

I think you would lose the bet on this one though.
But if you leave him out of it, I think you would see that arbitration is only final and binding in its context under its unbrella. Outside the unbrella it is different.
Arbitrations themselves come under articles in CBA or union bylaws, etc. My bet is that the ALPA president has sole and exclusive authority in interpreting its constitution and what it can and can't do legally, provided it doesn't violate certain rights or DFR.

Even a TA is only final and binding under its very own jurisdiction. Outside its jurisdiction it can be altered or abolished, regardless of its durational limits. This is true with every law or award.

Take the IAM arbitration. Let's say the arbitrator rules for the east siders and provides full back pay along with big fat pay raises. Will the final award even look like that OR would 'interested parties' come together and work things out in ways that may represent fairness to all involved.

At any rate, I realize you may disagree with processes that I believe USA320 is 'spot on' with, but if what you say is gospel then how do you see the east side pilots agreeing to a joint seniority list? Keep in mind, the Nic award can't be shoved down the east siders throats considering the current transition agreement which doesn't recognize a 'joint seniority' list.

regards,

Boy you sound more desperate with each post.

Maybe you need to seek out the EAS and get some help.

Go read the RLA and the arbitration process.

Go Read the NMB representational manual and see how both groups will be involved as you are not seperate under the NMB Regulations.

Lets see how many times did you seek union office and lose?

I have not seen ALPA pubically chastise and disavow any other line pilot EXCEPT YOU!

Just like you threatened to burn the place down when Siegel and the MEC took your pension, that lasted no time and you were lapping at Siegel again being his #1 cheerleader.

Your track record speaks for itself.

Even if the EC says no, the West will get a TRO from the District Court and get the award enforced, just like the IAM had the District Court force the company to adhere to the Grievance/Arbitration Process and make them go to arbitration in the Change of Control Arbitration.

Maybe if you took the time to educate yourself instead of spewing misinformation and rhetoric you would understand the process and how it works, and stop wasting your time and giving others false hope.

Just shut up, man up and make the bet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts