ALPA EC Decision Expected Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim,

Your analysis is correct, except the ALPA president does not have the authority to unilaterally rule on the issue, but I have been told the Executive Council does.

We will hear more from ALPA very soon.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

You will hear something shortly. I now understand the EC vote had one National Officer/EVP vote in favor of the AWA MEC's position and the rest of the National Officer's/EVP's (which is 13) were in favor of the US Airways MEC's position.

Moreover, you may just surprise yourself with what the new regime at ALPA National is willing to do.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

You will hear something shortly. I now understand the EC vote had one EVP vote in favor of the AWA MEC's position and the rest of the EVP's (which I believe is 13) were in favor of the US Airways MEC's position.

Moreover, you may just surprise yourself with what the new regime at ALPA National is willing to do.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I'm surprised you chose to post this before you called me for your $1,000 bet. :rolleyes: Why PM me and ask for my phone number if you aren't gonna use it. B)

Phoenix,

I do not need or want your money.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Even Kerry was not such a Flip-flopper!!!

Come on USA320, Got a back bone?

You start all kinds of arguments and always end up "modifying" or changing them.

Are you a Pilot or a Politician? Unreal!

GL

320 called 700 out, and he ran. Maybe he's behind in lavs with the new job.
I'm with 300, this is not going to fly as it is.

I now understand (I suspected this earlier) the only EC member to vote against the EC's ruling/resolution was the AWA Representative - all others were in favor of the US Airways pilots position.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I now understand (I suspected this earlier) the only EC member to vote against the EC's ruling/resolution was the AWA Representative - all others were in favor of the US Airways pilots position.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
I suspected this myself. However, not because of some inside knowledge but because the Nic award was unjust & arbitration is just arbitration. Arbitration is not some big concrete structure that 700 fabricates it to be. Even the IAM knows this.
I think 700 is looking at this too narrowly which suggest he may be a 'wee bit' over his head in this legal matter or perhaps he's IAM'd and can't rightly look through the situation.
IMO, ALPA did the right thing and that both sides will be able to work things out in a way that brings fairness to all. The alternative is labor unrest and another bankruptcy which might prove final closure of your company.

At any rate, difficult equation indeed. But the hope is in solution.
One thing that the Nic award did do was improve the position of the westies, however, until things come together in a fair way for 'all parties' things will never be seamless or 'jointlike'.

My bet is things get worked out as opposed to getting ugly.

regards,

I have been just told by an MEC member the actual vote (according to the MEC's information) was 14 to 1 with Russ Webber (AWA) being the only one against the resolution. Jack Stephan will put something out shortly.

This is a great day for ALPA and the US Airways pilots because justice was overwhelmingly served by the ALPA International Executive Council.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

No big deal the West MEC will get a TRO in Federal District Court and ALPO does not have the Authority to set aside A BINDING, KEYWORD BINDING Arbitration they AGREED TOO!.

What is it and how is it done? In binding arbitration, a party or representative presents a dispute to an impartial or neutral individual (arbitrator) or panel (arbitration panel) for issuance of a binding (non-appealable) decision. Unless arranged otherwise, the parties usually have the ability to decide which individuals will serve as arbitrators. In some cases, the parties may retain a particular arbitrator (often from a list of arbitrators) to decide a number of cases or to serve the parties for a specified length of times. Parties are typically free to negotiate the terms and conditions under which arbitrators are used to resolve disputes, including the procedures for their selection.

When is it used? Binding arbitration is most appropriate when the parties want a third party to decide the outcome of their dispute for them but would like to avoid the formality, time, and expense of a trial. The parties do not retain control over how their dispute is resolved, and generally cannot appeal the arbitrator's award.

700UW,

Do you want to bet a $1,000 again on your latest prediction?

I bet you do not have the guts! C'mon big boy, show some courage.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

EDITED BY MODERATOR PERSONAL ATTACKS WILL GET A TRIP TO THE CORNFIELD........EDWARD

A union does not have the power to reverse the decision.

Your EC can spew all the rhetoric it wants, when the West gets its TRO you can eat crow on all your chest pounding worthless posts.

Take the time and check with the American Arbitration Association and you will see what the reality is.

Both parties agreed, you threw your dice and got craps, ALPO is just trying to appease you and when it goes to court, you will come out with hat in hand begging the West for mercy.

Care to wager on that?

IMO, ALPA did the right thing and that both sides will be able to work things out in a way that brings fairness to all. The alternative is labor unrest and another bankruptcy which might prove final closure of your company.

At any rate, difficult equation indeed. But the hope is in solution.
One thing that the Nic award did do was improve the position of the westies, however, until things come together in a fair way for 'all parties' things will never be seamless or 'jointlike'.

My bet is things get worked out as opposed to getting ugly.

regards,

Is it just me or does anybody else find this whole pilot seniority list issue funny? The 2 pilot groups (AWA and US) could NOT reach a solution after months of negotiations and both sides presumably thus agreed to take the matter to an arbitrator and abide by the decision. Now one side is all up in arms over the arb's decision because it is apparantly unfair. What the he11? It is beyond me how immature pilots can be outside the cockpit. Good thing this kind of spoiled child behavior does not occur in flight. I don't think I've ever heard of / saw this kind of pathetic behavior from any work groups (union or non-union) in any other industry where 2 companies are merged/boutht/taken over. I'm surprised management puts up with this kind of BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts