American or Delta? Which would you rather be a part of?

As a US Airways employee who would you rather merge with American or Delta?

• American

Votes: 36 51.4%
  • Delta

Votes: 34 48.6%

• Total voters
Look.........good guys/gals @ US Airways, It's time once and for all to face REALITY.
(with what I'm about to opine, PLEASE Believe I have NO Ill Will to anyone except US management, in my views about LCC) !!

LCC will NOT become part of AA/DL-nw/UA-co, or WN anytime soon, perhaps Never.
Why,
Because LCC is an Enigma in the Industry.
Y E S.........they have a very good operation out of PHL(O+D/Domestic/Carib + International, But as a whole they are like a Bolt, that no wrench fits, including metric !

If LCC was wise, they'd once and for all combine the union groups, and keep on doing what it is that you do, which I see(lately) turning small profits.)

Sorry. It IS what it IS.

Good luck to you all ! !

Look.........good guys/gals @ US Airways, It's time once and for all to face REALITY.
(with what I'm about to opine, PLEASE Believe I have NO Ill Will to anyone except US management, in my views about LCC) !!

Why,
Y E S.........they have a very good operation out of PHL(O+D/Domestic/Carib + International, But as a whole they are like a Bolt, that no wrench fits, including metric !

If LCC was wise, they'd once and for all combine the union groups, and keep on doing what it is that you do, which I see(lately) turning small profits.)

Sorry. It IS what it IS.

Good luck to you all ! !

Said the guy on an airline forum. I'll be sure not to spend all your business savy in one place. :lol:

As a FSA, I realize what ugly options... Delta has their awful "Ready Reserve" which treats employees as if their entire lives should be placed on hold to cover and amazing collection of disjointed shifts or the management bAAstards who make the Tempe Boys appear to be enlightened labor advocates.

So Dreads Jester.

^Yes^

You guys think your CBA sucks now, wait until you no longer have one...

Why,

Sorry. It IS what it IS.

Good luck to you all ! !
WHAT makes YOU think You know anything about what course USAirways is on or anything about the Airline? And then to suggest they "combine the union groups"? What business is THAT to You or ANYONE (outside of the Airline) to begin with? Your AArogance is most likely Why most US employees would prefer NOT to 'combine' with your currently BK carrier. And that is FACT! (So get over Your Sorry arsced pompous self!) point. Set. Match. Now Go check out your paycut.

Better copy your pals Doug and Scott in on that little missive,apparently they aren't adverse to the idea seeing as they've hired outside firms to advise them on it.

Message board hyperbole isn't going to change anything regardless.Labor is along for the ride despite what they may or may not want.

I am surprised the poll is so close. While all airline have their cultural issues I have never met an American employee that liked working there.

Why,

Sorry. It IS what it IS.

Good luck to you all ! !

You may or may not be right. But I think you've got enough on your plate over at AA to be pontificating about another airline's fate. You'll be losing your pension, work rules, wage rates, benefits and maybe even your job. And that's all within a year. It's too early in your BK filing to be making declarations about whether you'll merge standalone or merge or be carved up. You may call US an enigma, but what remains enigmatic to me is how a carrier of your size and heft with the resources you've had and the concessions you've made--apparently not enough--finds itself in a courtroom crying uncle while every one of your legacy competitors have recently turned in profits. You can minimize US Airway's profits all you want, but when did AA last turn a profit?

If you were wise, you'd ditch the ostrich imitation and pull your head out of the sand and accept that you are not the carrier you once were, that you may not come out of this situation alone, and that the most important thing for you and the rest of your cohorts at AA is to emerge with a paycheck and some kind of future regardless of who signs your paycheck. And hopefully you'll someday start turning "small profits." If so, it'll be a welcome start from where you've been in recent years.

I guess a toss up. Both would be good for US Airways. As for me as a pilot?

Delta: Lots of overlap, synergies=fuloughs.

American: Over a thousand pilots on furlough already & American talking about laying off and additional 15,000 employees during the bankruptcy process. The American pilots no doubt will try and put furloughed pilots ahead of active, judging by their past behavior.

I am surprised the poll is so close. While all airline have their cultural issues I have never met an American employee that liked working there.

I agree, as I have rarely seen a more miserable lot, although I will admit that when I have flown as a non-rev or needed assistance from a CSA, I have been treated extremely well, and I haven't forgotten those experiences.

In terms of the choice, and again, I am a lowly FSA with an eye towards retirement in the not too distant future, I need to ask myself which one provides greater job security... the company with a strong union or the company with no union which a Manager gets a hard-on and decides to terminate me shortly before I reach my 65 points to retirement? Do I go with a company with large amounts of overlap between CLT, ATL, DCA, and LGA (which means station downsizing) or do I go with a company where overlap is very limited (but threatening layoffs as it re-organizes through bankruptcy)? Do I go with a non-union company with very unfriendly work rules or go with a company that has an union and some reasonable standards of work rules? Do I go with a company with much lower wages or stay with a company with better wages and pensions?

I think much of AA general unhappiness has been with the leadership, and the stunts they pull while padding executive pay after slashing labor costs, regardless of who has been in charge. As I said before, people might not like Parker, but he isn't nearly as bad as the AA executives in the past.

I think the choice is clear... American would be a better choice, even with the same crappy mAAnAAgement.

So Deems Jester.

AA Announced 13,000 layoffs its planning.

Expected Employee Reductions

Agents, Reps, Planners – TBD, the ARP restructuring plan is still under development as the company collects and analyzes employee feedback

Fleet Service & Other TWU – Approximately 4,200

Flight Attendants – Approximately 2,300

Management/Support Staff – Approximately 1,400

Mechanics and Related – Approximately 4,600

Pilots – Approximately 400

Total – Approximately 13,000

Back