American or Delta? Which would you rather be a part of?

As a US Airways employee who would you rather merge with American or Delta?

• American

Votes: 36 51.4%
  • Delta

Votes: 34 48.6%

• Total voters
also they announced that they will attempt to terminate all of their pensions but come up with a 401k with a company match 5.5% i believe. is what was on the AA board. Gooood luck to all those at AA

I voted with AA as I don't think a DL-US combo would be realistic...way too much overlap and it would result in too many jobs being eliminated. If AA emerges from chap 11 stand alone, it will still be only a matter of time before LCC is swallowed up by someone, probably UA.....which is why I think AA will hook up with us one way or another, if only to be sure UA does not get us.

For your sake, I hope your right about UAL swallowing LCC up. LCC has the highest costs, weakest network, and network thats overly dependednt on RJ's. AA is clearly not interested in a merger. Some codeshare until the fleet grows enough, but thats about it.

Good luck to all.

You may or may not be right. But I think you've got enough on your plate over at AA to be pontificating about another airline's fate. You'll be losing your pension, work rules, wage rates, benefits and maybe even your job. And that's all within a year. It's too early in your BK filing to be making declarations about whether you'll merge standalone or merge or be carved up. You may call US an enigma, but what remains enigmatic to me is how a carrier of your size and heft with the resources you've had and the concessions you've made--apparently not enough--finds itself in a courtroom crying uncle while every one of your legacy competitors have recently turned in profits. You can minimize US Airway's profits all you want, but when did AA last turn a profit?

If you were wise, you'd ditch the ostrich imitation and pull your head out of the sand and accept that you are not the carrier you once were, that you may not come out of this situation alone, and that the most important thing for you and the rest of your cohorts at AA is to emerge with a paycheck and some kind of future regardless of who signs your paycheck. And hopefully you'll someday start turning "small profits." If so, it'll be a welcome start from where you've been in recent years.

ebwgs,

US AAers (active or retired like me) Knew that the BK stuff was coming, so NO ostrich's here.

With todays announcement of " 20 % " More flying out of JFK/ORD/LAX/DFW/MIA, AND More International Flying.........means to me that NO Airline is gonna' be able to pull a "fast one" in BK court.

Ask our BODYGUARDS British Airways/Japan Airlines or Qantas if you don't believe me !

I've been saying for EONS that AA has a "horseshoe up its assss", and it will show again after they emerge from BK !
(minus the toll that the workers will pay in BK)

Market share percentages are mainline only:

DLUS.jpg

AAUS.jpg

I voted with AA as I don't think a DL-US combo would be realistic...way too much overlap and it would result in too many jobs being eliminated. If AA emerges from chap 11 stand alone, it will still be only a matter of time before LCC is swallowed up by someone, probably UA.....which is why I think AA will hook up with us one way or another, if only to be sure UA does not get us.
AA is not the airline it used to be. We will never be back on top. If I were you I'd vote for Delta.

How does US AIRWAYS only have 56% of the CLT Market??? Are they separating US AIRWAYS Express?
Read the post: "Market share percentages are mainline only:"

Plus LGA/DCA are gonna change with the slot swap - LGA markedly so.

Jim

If AA and US merge what will happen to the TLV route, as AA has a judgement against them from the former TWA Agents.

TLV was not a profitable route for TWA because it employed over a hundred employees in Israel to handle just one daily 767-300 round trip. Most other foreign carriers in TLV contract out their ground services.

When AMR bid for select assets of TWA in the bankruptcy court, it made it known during the bidding process that, if it won, it would stop flying between JFK and TLV for economic reasons (Dallas Business Journal).

When TWA's TLV employees realized that that AA was not picking up the route, they petitioned the Tel Aviv bankruptcy court to seize and liquidate TWA's assets in Israel. The Israeli court issue the lien. To prevent seizure of its aircraft, TWA immediately suspended flights 884 and 885. That occurred several weeks before the bankruptcy sale closed.

The Israeli workers petitioned the Delaware Court for their severance and pension benefits. That request was denied. In April 2003, Justice Samuel Alito, then sitting on the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, upheld the bankruptcy court ruling that the Section 363 sale of assets was "free and clear" and extinguished all successor liability.

A lien was never issued against AMR by the Israeli courts. Had such an order been made, it would have been nothing more than an attempt to blackmail AMR into paying severance pay owed by a liquidated entity.

Are you sure about that?

AIRLINE INDUSTRY INFORMATION-(C)1997-2001 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD

A district court in Tel Aviv, Israel has issued an injunction against Trans World Airlines that prohibits the carrier from moving any of its assets out of Israel.

According to Globes, a local business newspaper, the injunction will remain in force until a hearing scheduled for next Sunday (1 April). The ruling allows the airline to move any assets needed for the regular operation of flights.

The injunction was awarded at the request of TWA employees who, according to the Globes report, 'received several telegrams from the company's management in the United States containing some unusual orders to send to the United States a series of spare parts and components worth an estimated USD200,000.'

TWA employees are concerned that American Airlines, a US airline set to purchase TWA, is to cease all services to Israel due to economic reasons. The workers claim that the route is profitable.

For your sake, I hope your right about UAL swallowing LCC up. LCC has the highest costs, weakest network, and network thats overly dependednt on RJ's. AA is clearly not interested in a merger. Some codeshare until the fleet grows enough, but thats about it.

Good luck to all.
What kind of codeshare would LCC be interested in with AA? Star Alliance provides way better opportunities. AA keeps forgetting it is the one in chapter 11 and may not be able to control it's own future.

Back