American soon to work on usair

brownmech

Advanced
Aug 6, 2011
Usair is closing major stations and aa mech will do on call maint is that because usair wants to get released and strike sandiego is getting trained on log book and so are mechs in lax going to logbook class and a few others no is it ok for aa to work on usair if they strike shouldn't aa support what up with iam sell too like twu go amp

I know I'm about to start a **** storm, but I really am curious about something. If Doug starts shutting US maintenance stations now, before any release is granted, to contract the work to the AA side within any limits permitted by the CBA's would it still be considered "struck work" if the IAM is released and self help to happen?

The IAM has protected language stations and if any US M&R is on strike and anyone performs any kind of maintenance on  PMUS jet, its struck work.

Line maintenance stations will include at a minimum BOS, CLT, DCA, LGA, PHL, PHX, LAS, LAX and at least seven (7) other stations as determined by the Company.
But there are more stations than the CBA requires.

When we had our meeting with the VP he said the reason US Airways kept those stations open was due to the pilots having seperate contracts ( i think he said it  was due to two aircraft types but I can't remember the exact reason)  and as soon as they were under one agreement US Airways was planing on closing them  and the merger settled that issue.

I do believe you are correct about more Line stations closing before single certificate is obtained. Cities where both airlines currently have mechanics will need to thin the ranks before "Merger day."
I hope both sides will give instead of just PMUS side.
It might not be so bad in the larger hub stations but, small places like san, atl, tpa etc...we might see some shifting around.

Now on the Heavy side are they going to keep PIT, CLT and TULE doing the heavy checks?
Or will in the future will it all be done in Tulsa? (what is not sent to outside vendors)
How much sense does it to make operate 3 heavy locations? Synergies...

I know people will come on here with their little IAM CBA quotes but I believe that book will be void in the future when we do the Joint Agreement (transition) at merger time. NO way in hell PIT and CLT heavy will remain protected. It will be TULE or China. As a junior Mech. with US Airways I might end up in Tulsa for a while. 

If I am not mistaken did Doug promise "no Layoffs after the merger" or something to that effect?
So it makes sense if he is going to do some head cuts to do it before SOC. I'm sure he is a man of his word and can be trusted to do what's right for his hard working employees that helped him get to where he is today........Right?
Just kidding . Wanted to see how many of you read the entire posting:)

brownmech said:
Usair is closing major stations and aa mech will do on call maint is that because usair wants to get released and strike sandiego is getting trained on log book and so are mechs in lax going to logbook class and a few others no is it ok for aa to work on usair if they strike shouldn't aa support what up with iam sell too like twu go amp
brownmech; I suggest you consult the following: 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation
Punctuation marks are symbols that indicate the structure and organization of writing, as well asintonation and pauses to be observed when reading.
In written English, punctuation is vital to disambiguate the meaning of sentences. For example, "woman, without her man, is nothing" (emphasizing the importance of men) and "woman: without her, man is nothing" (emphasizing the importance of women) have greatly different meanings, as do "eats shoots and leaves" (to mean "consumes plant growths") and "eats, shoots and leaves" (to mean "eats firstly, fires a weapon secondly, and leaves the scene thirdly").[1]

bikeguy said:
I do believe you are correct about more Line stations closing before single certificate is obtained. Cities where both airlines currently have mechanics will need to thin the ranks before "Merger day."
I hope both sides will give instead of just PMUS side.
It might not be so bad in the larger hub stations but, small places like san, atl, tpa etc...we might see some shifting around.

Now on the Heavy side are they going to keep PIT, CLT and TULE doing the heavy checks?
Or will in the future will it all be done in Tulsa? (what is not sent to outside vendors)
How much sense does it to make operate 3 heavy locations? Synergies...

I know people will come on here with their little IAM CBA quotes but I believe that book will be void in the future when we do the Joint Agreement (transition) at merger time. NO way in hell PIT and CLT heavy will remain protected. It will be TULE or China. As a junior Mech. with US Airways I might end up in Tulsa for a while. 

If I am not mistaken did Doug promise "no Layoffs after the merger" or something to that effect?
So it makes sense if he is going to do some head cuts to do it before SOC. I'm sure he is a man of his word and can be trusted to do what's right for his hard working employees that helped him get to where he is today........Right?
Just kidding . Wanted to see how many of you read the entire posting:)
Yes, I do believe Doug said he would need all his maintenance people. He also gave Tulsa a 2 year life span. Tulsa is only hanging on by a thread, with no new work being seen in the future. We can only wait and see what happens.

brownmech said:
learn English then come back when you get past the remedial course

CLT, and PIT Heavy Maintenance is contractually protected, and TUL is only protected for two years.

And if you know what will be in the JCBA then please tell me what the next set of winning powerball numbers will be.'

And you do realize it took over eight years for US to have  JCBA for the East and West FAs?

And the pilots still dont have one after nine years.

brownmech said:
Actually, you should have titled this thread:

"usair soon to work on american"

Because we too have taken logbook training and are already doing.... ON-CALL... maintenance in the stations that have both companies aircraft, but only one or the other companies Mechanics. 

It's kinda a non-issue and is basically the same thing that we did in all the other mergers.

Like here in PIT, soon the AA gates will be moved to the US terminal wing, all the planes will be painted the same, and we will go from just on-call to full maintenance including checks.

Back