American soon to work on usair

CLT and PIT are contractually protected, but for how long? They may not be protected anymore when, after the cooling off, the imposed terms take effect. I hope the best for all of the US mechanics.
700- you said of the NWA strike that the IAM didn't perform struck work because it was in their CBA; if the TWU CBA says that AA mx can do on call mx, by your reasoning, would it be struck work?
Fwiw- I believe that it is struck work and AA shouldn't touch the US planes, the same that the IAM should have honored the AMFA picket line.

AA employees are not employees of US.

And yes it would be struck work.

And check this out:

Moreover, the Company will not hire employees of Wholly Owned Carriers to perform Mechanic and Related work at the Company during a period when the Company’s Mechanic and Related employees are engaged in a  lawful strike.

And AA and US are both wholly owned by AAG.

Yes I agree PIT and CLT Heavy is gone.
Again what sense does it make to operate 3 Heavy maintenance bases? Synergies...
This is not going to happen anytime soon but it will eventually happen.
I can not think of any other carrier that has 3 overhaul facilities. (in the USA) Hell having 2 was stupid. I would rather see TULE close and bring the work to CLT. Much better place to live. (pipe dream of course)
Was told today by the uppers visiting DCA that they are going to spruce up the Hangar new paint and lights. Seems they are going to invest here and try to put some lipstick on this pig.......About 20 years overdue.

There is no 2 year promise for Tulsa.
Parker can close TULE tomorrow.
Tulsa will be the largest base for AA when the dust settles.

I actually think CLT will survive, along with TULE. Unfortunately I think PIT will be gone, and I'm sure they know it. Death by 1000 cuts.

Just FYI.  When SWA and AT were coming together (just like AA and US is now)  SWA mechs could work on AT birds because their contract did not disallow it.  AT mechs could not work on SWA birds as our contract did not allow it.  It all depends on what the TWU and IAM contracts allow or disallow at their representative carriers. 

blue collar said:
I actually think CLT will survive, along with TULE. Unfortunately I think PIT will be gone, and I'm sure they know it. Death by 1000 cuts.

I have to agree with you on that. Tulsa always has a way of getting the OH work.

TopCat870 said:

I have to agree with you on that. Tulsa always has a way of getting the OH work.
This might be true in the past with former AA people always at the helm.....Now, I'm not so sure......The cast of characters has changed.

Back