AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
“It’s not a raid, because they are not a union,” Samuelsen said. “Their actions betray any claim of being a union. When we made it public that these sleazy characters were raiding TWU (and IAM) members, we had their members at Southwest and Alaska reaching out to us. We already have cards signed at Southwest and Alaska.”

EDC7E538-012A-4F1A-A857-5EB29336321B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Rogallo
WeAAsles;

Are you seriously believing that Samuelsen a supposed educated leader of a VERY LARGE AFL-CIO affiliated Union has to use this type of rhetoric to his membership to support his claims? I ask YOU, how can it be a RAID when the members of HIS union both TWU and IAM sign cards in a HOPE that they get a chance to VOTE and decide which representation they want to take them into the Future.

AMFA which the TWU has made fun of for being soooooooo small saying doesn't even have a division to organize companies due to Lack of funds.

AMFA doesn't have any Cash to lobby for the industry, IF that is the case then WHY I ask YOU is he SOOOOOOOOOO concerned about a mom&pop size union attempting to get his members? WHERE IS THE TREAT, is the TWU that insecure about losing the M&R members of the ASSOCIATION?

AS many have said here and other places as well it can't be a RAID if it is being done from inside by the very membership he is collecting dues from.

In the 40 yrs I had in the Airline industry the TWU GAVE UP the most concessions of every carrier. Next to the IAM.

You know better as well, all the airlines were given or offered federal stimulus money and payroll protection not only TWU represented carriers.

So like they say on Monday night Football....COME ON MAN...

WeAAsles;

If this is SO TRUE then why is it mostly FLEET workers that are the loudest speakers against the M&R work group getting their own representation?

If each UNION member is supposed to support other members of unions no matter what the NAME why is it that the TWU is the loudest of the AFL-CIO unions to verbally attack AMFA?

Whether a union is a member of the AFL-CIO or NOT being a Union member is ALL that mattered.

A Union is supposed to support the wishes of the members NOT the Political aspirations of its Leadership, IS this TRUE or NOT. The Union is the membership isn't what the TWU preaches? So if it's members want a different way or New representation then why are the Leaders so against making changes to pacify the members?

There have been soooo many that got into the TWU hoping to effect change from with in and found out that can't happen.
That is why M&R wants AMFA. It may or maynot be the answer but the TWU has FAILED M&R that is the Opinion of many.

So if the ramp goes to Fleet, stores goes to the IBT or someone else and M&R went to AMFA all would be union and should support one another just like the TWU expects the Pilots and Flight Attendants union to support them. SO which Union is DIVISIVE?

Reactions: dfw gen
WeAAsles;

If this is SO TRUE then why is it mostly FLEET workers that are the loudest speakers against the M&R work group getting their own representation?

If each UNION member is supposed to support other members of unions no matter what the NAME why is it that the TWU is the loudest of the AFL-CIO unions to verbally attack AMFA?

Whether a union is a member of the AFL-CIO or NOT being a Union member is ALL that mattered.

A Union is supposed to support the wishes of the members NOT the Political aspirations of its Leadership, IS this TRUE or NOT. The Union is the membership isn't what the TWU preaches? So if it's members want a different way or New representation then why are the Leaders so against making changes to pacify the members?

There have been soooo many that got into the TWU hoping to effect change from with in and found out that can't happen.
That is why M&R wants AMFA. It may or maynot be the answer but the TWU has FAILED M&R that is the Opinion of many.

So if the ramp goes to Fleet, stores goes to the IBT or someone else and M&R went to AMFA all would be union and should support one another just like the TWU expects the Pilots and Flight Attendants union to support them. SO which Union is DIVISIVE?
It obvious that the WeAAsle has some skin in the game or he wouldn't be making such a big deal with his posts! It's his choice to follow a so called union leader that acts and talks like he has a 3rd grade education not to mention that he looks like a grown up version of Spanky from the "Little Rascals". He is nothing but a loud mouthed blowhard that cost us a potential signing bonus and a better contract. So who is really fighting for the membership and not their own agenda? It's not the TWU or the IAM. It's the membership fighting for ourselves for potential better representation to try and get back what our so called union has given up over the past few decades.

“It’s not a raid, because they are not a union,” Samuelsen said. “Their actions betray any claim of being a union. When we made it public that these sleazy characters were raiding TWU (and IAM) members, we had their members at Southwest and Alaska reaching out to us. We already have cards signed at Southwest and Alaska.”
Per YOUR POST;

Are you saying that Samuelsen made these statements? If that is True then the TWU has found a way to RAID SWA & Alaska, because the membership of both carriers that are represented by AMFA even if they did come to the TWU would have been directed to the Organizing Division of the TWU. That MEANS that the TWU is Raiding since they are the ones with the PAID Organizing Division.

So is it OK in your mind as well as Samuelsens to conduct a RAID because it is the TWU? It is just not acceptable for any Union or Association to try to bring a vote of TWU members?

I would just like a Clarification on this?

Do You Have One????????

WeAAsles;

Are you seriously believing that Samuelsen a supposed educated leader of a VERY LARGE AFL-CIO affiliated Union has to use this type of rhetoric to his membership to support his claims? I ask YOU, how can it be a RAID when the members of HIS union both TWU and IAM sign cards in a HOPE that they get a chance to VOTE and decide which representation they want to take them into the Future.

AMFA which the TWU has made fun of for being soooooooo small saying doesn't even have a division to organize companies due to Lack of funds.

AMFA doesn't have any Cash to lobby for the industry, IF that is the case then WHY I ask YOU is he SOOOOOOOOOO concerned about a mom&pop size union attempting to get his members? WHERE IS THE TREAT, is the TWU that insecure about losing the M&R members of the ASSOCIATION?

AS many have said here and other places as well it can't be a RAID if it is being done from inside by the very membership he is collecting dues from.

In the 40 yrs I had in the Airline industry the TWU GAVE UP the most concessions of every carrier. Next to the IAM.

You know better as well, all the airlines were given or offered federal stimulus money and payroll protection not only TWU represented carriers.

So like they say on Monday night Football....COME ON MAN...

Sorry bro but from reading the History, AMFA has been asking for this for years. Samuelsen is right that they’re a bunch of sleazy operators. Oh and yes there are people at SWA and AK that want to dump them.

It obvious that the WeAAsle has some skin in the game or he wouldn't be making such a big deal with his posts! It's his choice to follow a so called union leader that acts and talks like he has a 3rd grade education not to mention that he looks like a grown up version of Spanky from the "Little Rascals". He is nothing but a loud mouthed blowhard that cost us a potential signing bonus and a better contract. So who is really fighting for the membership and not their own agenda? It's not the TWU or the IAM. It's the membership fighting for ourselves for potential better representation to try and get back what our so called union has given up over the past few decades.

No skin at all. I enjoy anarchy and chaos. I also enjoy watching people get their just deserts.

Per YOUR POST;

Are you saying that Samuelsen made these statements? If that is True then the TWU has found a way to RAID SWA & Alaska, because the membership of both carriers that are represented by AMFA even if they did come to the TWU would have been directed to the Organizing Division of the TWU. That MEANS that the TWU is Raiding since they are the ones with the PAID Organizing Division.

So is it OK in your mind as well as Samuelsens to conduct a RAID because it is the TWU? It is just not acceptable for any Union or Association to try to bring a vote of TWU members?

I would just like a Clarification on this?

Do You Have One????????

I honestly could care less either way if it is a raid or not. I said it further back that I have zero respect for AMFA and if they were on Strike I would scab their line in a heartbeat. I have no respect at all in the slightest period any more for AMFA. They’re bottom feeders that should be squashed out of existence.

Otherwise I hope you’re enjoying your retirement.

Sorry bro but from reading the History, AMFA has been asking for this for years. Samuelsen is right that they’re a bunch of sleazy operators. Oh and yes there are people at SWA and AK that want to dump them.
Reading what History? are you saying that AMFA members have been asking the TWU to start an Organizing Campaign at each of the carriers represented by AMFA? If that was the Case why haven't there been ANY Press release by the TWU or conversations anywhere about it?

You making statements doesn't make it True. Just another FALSE Narrative. Post something from the TWU's Organizing committee saying they have been asked to Raid SWA and ALK. Something UPTO Date with the TWU Logo.

When members of the TWU at AA start a card drive to replace the TWU it is Broadcasted every where.

Show the people on this Board your Proof, or it will or can be assumed that you are just stirring the Pot with those who can't defend their stance either way. Poking the dog with a stick hoping to get some child like response from someone.

There is Going to be another card drive from the AMFA Organizers at AA, so tell Samuelsen they are coming again, and M&R wants a VOTE.

The NMB has NOW provided a List and a count of ALL members and Groups that are in the M&R class and Craft, so the Organizers have this list and will approach those members to sign a card. Once they get enough they will return to the NMB with those cards.

I honestly could care less either way if it is a raid or not. I said it further back that I have zero respect for AMFA and if they were on Strike I would scab their line in a heartbeat. I have no respect at all in the slightest period any more for AMFA. They’re bottom feeders that should be squashed out of existence.

Otherwise I hope you’re enjoying your retirement.
WeAAsles ;

I am really surprised that you would put in PRINT that YOU would Cross a UNION Picket Line.. That really says alot about YOU. You preach Unionism yet you are willing to cross a union line. That is very disappointing. But I always felt that MOST at AA would do that since the TWU has been a ALL TALK union. But has Folded in the wake of AA getting what it wanted just to keep the dues flowing into the TWU's Pockets.

Oh by the Way I haven't seen in PRINT anywhere how the TWU is going to fight for those workers who will be fired by choosing to Not get the VAX.
The Pilots and F/A have some group started to fight the mandate since there has not been any real printed document from the US Government or Health Organizations. Several states GOV. are saying they will fight that mandate as well.

I am enjoying my retirement having a new home built, and planning trips now that CV19 is coming to an end. Thanks for your well wishes.
Enjoy the few yrs you have left as best you can, just be ready for the TWU/IAM ASSociation to let you down.

WeAAsles ;

I am enjoying my retirement having a new home built, and planning trips now that CV19 is coming to an end. Thanks for your well wishes.

I’m honestly glad you are. I’ve planned out 6 to 9 more years and then I pack it in myself. 65 is my latest age. I got some pretty big plans to take it easy and enjoy the serenity when I’m done. Probably Costa Rica. The more nature and trees the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.