AMFA......read on

Chuck Schalk

Veteran
Nov 17, 2006
Most of our class and craft at American Airlines do not realize how AMFA operates specifically local and national officers.

AMFA local and national officers:

Local Presidents. On the clock working, in the head count, right next to the members who elected him and if need be the president will go on Union business

Regional Reps: On the clock working, in the head count, right next tothe members who elected him and only if need be goes on UB.

National Officers: Only 2 national officers are on UB full time, the rest report to work, in the head count right next to the members who elected him and only go on UB when necessary.

This is keeps AMFA's operating expenses low and they have a higher money value per member ratio than the TWU or the teamsters even though they are bigger.

Under AMFA concept of operation, you do not have to call your representatives they are working with you just ask them while your getting your plane out and you won't have to explain to your rep the issues he will know them!

If we had the AMFA model here at AA, then All our International reps would be working with us on a crew at least a few days a week. imagine that ever happening with the TWU on the property?

Had enough yet?

Sign an AMFA card and lets file the cards!

Reactions: 2 people
Sounds like AMFA is based on accountability.

We all know the twu atd is based on appointed
sell outs who would never be welcomed back to
the floor.

Sign an AMFA card today and bring democracy
and accountability back to unionism.

Go AMFA!

Sounds like AMFA is based on accountability.

We all know the twu atd is based on appointed
sell outs who would never be welcomed back to
the floor.

Sign an AMFA card today and bring democracy
and accountability back to unionism.

Go AMFA!

Reactions: 1 person
It is not just changing unions but it is how they walk the walk after they represent you.....like AMFA reps who work with their peers!

Reactions: 3 people
Amfa and the likes of Chuck have done nothing but tear down unions. I doubt by their actions they have a clue how to represent anyone. History has proven this time and time again. Chuck, Bob, Dave and Ken all have a proven track record of Failures. Just remember these same individuals have represented members in the past and all have failed. Blame as you will, But the truth is? You all have a unique ability to live and breath negativity. It's never your fault!!! In Solidarity, CIO

Amfa and the likes of Chuck have done nothing but tear down unions. I doubt by their actions they have a clue how to represent anyone. History has proven this time and time again. Chuck, Bob, Dave and Ken all have a proven track record of Failures. Just remember these same individuals have represented members in the past and all have failed. Blame as you will, But the truth is? You all have a unique ability to live and breath negativity. It's never your fault!!! In Solidarity, CIO
Working within a failed system is a recipe for, well, failure.

If you want an example of a track record of failure, you need to look no further than the history of the TWU at American Airlines.

Are you one of the "leaders" of that record? Are you willing to run on that record?

Reactions: 7 people
It will be interesting to see what the current officers at TULE do when TWU is shown the door. My guess, massive retirements. We cannot have the elite working for a living after all. Debbie Tiller proved that when she used her UNION position to dodge DFW so she could hide out in the UNION hall and be useless. Plus, it had the added benefit of keeping her transfer internal. It only cost one DFW employee their job. That's worth it right?
It will be interesting to see what the current officers at TULE do when TWU is shown the door. My guess, massive retirements. We cannot have the elite working for a living after all.

Reactions: 5 people
Amfa and the likes of Chuck have done nothing but tear down unions. I doubt by their actions they have a clue how to represent anyone. History has proven this time and time again. Chuck, Bob, Dave and Ken all have a proven track record of Failures. Just remember these same individuals have represented members in the past and all have failed. Blame as you will, But the truth is? You all have a unique ability to live and breath negativity. It's never your fault!!! In STUPIDITY, CIO

You described the TWU to a "T".

Reactions: 6 people

Whats your track record CIO?

Lets see you advocate;
Lowest wage in the Industry
Least amount of vacation in the industry
Least amount of Holidays
Least amount of sick time
Least amount of IOD time
Highest out of pocket medical
Worst 401K (function of lowest pay)
Worst overtime rules
Worst rules for bidding
Worst rules for layoffs
Worst rules for stepping down as crew chief
Worst scope clause
Worst layoff protection
Worst contract term in the industry

You advocated accepting a deal that will allow AA to go down to at least 6325 within three more years, in other words close Tulsa by selling it as a deal that would save Tulsa. Now they have a job thats not even worth bumping the system to keep. The only thing that voting YES saved was Oryiano, Vanderloo, Gless and Videtich's cozy relationship with AA management. Gless and Videtich's AA pension, based on what the Union reports their pay to be, will not be reduced as it would have had the company dumped the plan in the PBGC, ours would not have been affected either way as ours would be no where near the max.

There's more, but I dont want to spend too much of this beautiful day in front of the computer, this is what you pushed for and were "successful", You sold out your profession and your coworkers. Congratulations on destroying the profession. I'd rather fail at what I was pushing for than succeed at what you advocate.

Reactions: 10 people
Thanks for your acknowledgement on the facts. These men speak of the issues they have pertaining to the twu and if thats negative than you in a very round about way are agreeing with them. They aren't making things up but only speaking from the heart on the problems they face with an corrupt union. If they have failures than wouldnt that also be a reflection of the twu? They can only do what the constitution allows. Free will isnt an option with the membership and these guys are only the membership. The international is the union and the constitution makes that clear. If these men and myself included are guilty of tearing down unions than all you are saying is that we are guilty of trying to dismantle a corrupt style of unionism!

Reactions: 6 people
Got this email today:

Dear Brothers & Sisters,

We are proud to announce the official kickoff of the AMFA Organizing Drive in Tulsa.  We have been organizing at the line stations since mid-January with great results, so much so that we are currently over 70% signed at the line with more cards coming in daily.  Some people question why we are collecting cards again, especially after what happened last year with AMFA getting blocked at the door, thanks to the company filing the same day as the Teamsters, and the subsequent withdrawal of their filing midstream.  The answer is simple, after the Teamsters withdrew; we filed a freedom of information act request with the NMB and obtained all the documents of the filing.  The most important document obtained was the company's eligibility list, which revealed two very important things:  First is that your AMFA organizing committee had enough cards had we not got blocked at the door,  and two, over 60% of the names on the eligibility list had signed an AMFA card at one time or another. This information, combined with the delay in the merger caused by the DOJ lawsuit, will provide us an opportunity to remove the TWU in August if those previous signers will sign one more time.
While we have no desire to rehash the events of last year, we feel it is important to point out that after the Teamsters withdrew at AA, the NMB put in place a one year bar that prevents us from filing at AA until Aug, 2014.  In addition, after the Teamsters lost the election at US Airways, there was a two year bar put in place for the US Airways AMT's.  We point this out because although the Mechanics at US Airways are not eligible to file in August, and there is a possibility they could be included in our election if the NMB were to find we are a single carrier in August.  We do not believe that we should be ruled a single carrier based on the fact that not enough time would have passed to obtain the required milestones to be deemed a single carrier.  In order to protect ourselves and our brothers and sisters at US Airways, we have begun drives for AMFA at both Charlotte and Phoenix, along with some of the smaller stations where we coexist, and those organizing efforts are doing well.
Through our contacts around the system at both US Airways and AA, one thing has become abundantly clear; no one we have talked to from either group thinks the IAM/TWU Association is a good idea.  With that thought, and based upon the fact that the IBT got enough cards for an election at US Airways, and both the IBT and AMFA got thousands of cards at AA, we believe now is the time to oust the TWU and bring both groups under one union.  A New union with new leaders for our combined group, and of course we believe based on the events of the last year that union should be AMFA. While we understand the frustration that led members to sign IBT cards or both cards, we blame the Teamsters International for their failure to keep the promises they made to our members for what happened as a whole.  We believe the members not only have a right to choose whatever union they like, but have an obligation to remove any union including AMFA that is not working to better the interest of all our members.
In closing we would like to say that by looking at our database, it appears that the majority of members on the property at both US Airways & AA have somewhere between 10 to 15 years left at the New AA, and we believe our immediate goal should be to maximize our earnings over that time period.  We should do this by getting both groups into one union ASAP, and to that end we believe in light of the current law McCaskill/Bond we should dovetail our two groups based on time in classification to avoid any unnecessary delay.  We also believe that we should seek wage parity at US Airways and AA, and work toward a joint contract that gets us back to the top of the industry and restores some of our job protection/scope language.  The pilots at AA got over 14% matching 401k and the F/A's up to 9.9%, along with job security for incumbents, while we are at 5.5% with no job security.  Our members deserve to be comparable in medical, sick time & vacation to those groups as well.  We will be sharing more of our view of the future in the coming weeks

Your AMFA Organizing Committee

Reactions: 5 people
I fully agree with Chulk, Bob and all the other intelligent folk that's getting this AMFA process done the right way.  A grass roots effort from the AMT Craft and Class.  Not once, have I seen an AMFA representative outside our work place, I know the time will come and it will be appropriate for the AMFA reps then.  But more importantly, this is a true grass roots effort thats moving with light speed.  The folk who are pushing against us are afraid that their gravy train will end.  These people are afraid of what AMFA represents, "Democracy"and Accountability.  They are afraid of losing the stranglehold that they have on us.  We have learned from the pass, the TWU people will be loud, they will be nasty, they will be unintelligent.  These TWU folk are Vampires, they go about their daily function here at AA, sucking the life blood from us.

My advice to the smart and intelligent people of Tulsa and the remaining Line folk lets get this AMFA drive done before the TWU and IAM finish us off.  Remember, you will still be the largest group of AMTs.  Let's get this done before The TWU destroy the rest of us and our careers.  I have personally seen this destruction for the pass 26 years.

CIO, go back in your dungeon, you are a useless piece of turd.

AFMA Now 

Bob Owens said:
Whats your track record CIO?

Lets see you advocate;
Lowest wage in the Industry
Least amount of vacation in the industry
Least amount of Holidays
Least amount of sick time
Least amount of IOD time
Highest out of pocket medical
Worst 401K (function of lowest pay)
Worst overtime rules
Worst rules for bidding
Worst rules for layoffs
Worst rules for stepping down as crew chief
Worst scope clause
Worst layoff protection
Worst contract term in the industry

You advocated accepting a deal that will allow AA to go down to at least 6325 within three more years, in other words close Tulsa by selling it as a deal that would save Tulsa. Now they have a job thats not even worth bumping the system to keep. The only thing that voting YES saved was Oryiano, Vanderloo, Gless and Videtich's cozy relationship with AA management. Gless and Videtich's AA pension, based on what the Union reports their pay to be, will not be reduced as it would have had the company dumped the plan in the PBGC, ours would not have been affected either way as ours would be no where near the max.

There's more, but I dont want to spend too much of this beautiful day in front of the computer, this is what you pushed for and were "successful", You sold out your profession and your coworkers. Congratulations on destroying the profession. I'd rather fail at what I was pushing for than succeed at what you advocate.

Bob what do you think about Chuck's comments on union officers being punched in, on the floor, and working? Far departure from local 591 and not punched in, paid half by AA, and never working or cannot be found. You love cozy relationships too I see.