AMFA......read on

Overspeed said:

Bob what do you think about Chuck's comments on union officers being punched in, on the floor, and working? Far departure from local 591 and not punched in, paid half by AA, and never working or cannot be found. You love cozy relationships too I see.
I see you're as timely as the your almighty TWU. Only took you 11 months to respond.

john john said:
AMFA is for DOH
john john

Not date of hire DOH, date in classification or as we call it here occupational seniority.

DOH is a IAM thing since all members of the maint and related are on the same list. We have a title 2.
USAirways does not. We have a seperate list for title 2. It will be that way if we change AMFA does not just change the rules/contract.
The contract stays even though we change unions. Any future changes will be done during negotiations and approved by the entire membership.

Unlike the TWU Itl. making anything they want.

The sooner we get rid of the TWU and merge the two workforces under a AMFA contract the better we will be.

AMFA at the new AA in 2014

Overspeed said:

Bob what do you think about Chuck's comments on union officers being punched in, on the floor, and working? Far departure from local 591 and not punched in, paid half by AA, and never working or cannot be found. You love cozy relationships too I see.

O/S

Why wouldn't you say something before when the TWU officers weren't on the floor?

What has changed they are still off the floor. It's been that way.

If you want the union officers on the floor then support our drive help us get a vote. Then we can decide which union and officers we want here at AA.

You can't have it both ways you say one thing one time then say another when its not the guys you like in office of the TWU, WHY?

AMFAinMIAMI said:
john john

Not date of hire DOH, date in classification or as we call it here occupational seniority.

DOH is a IAM thing since all members of the maint and related are on the same list. We have a title 2.
USAirways does not. We have a seperate list for title 2. It will be that way if we change AMFA does not just change the rules/contract.
The contract stays even though we change unions. Any future changes will be done during negotiations and approved by the entire membership.

Unlike the TWU Itl. making anything they want.

The sooner we get rid of the TWU and merge the two workforces under a AMFA contract the better we will be.

AMFA at the new AA in 2014
The IAM uses DOH into the classification, many of us hold/held multiple classification dates.

Not everyone in M&R is on the same list, you have basic mechanics, stock clerk, or utility.  Then you have leads or premium positions, like inspection etc...

As I stated earlier, the TWU bloodsuckers will be out in force. They will try to refute all of the facts against the TWU. These guys are as predictable as flies on crap. They keep showing up. Read their post, these guys are dead people, brainless verified zombies.

AANOTOK said:
Anyone know if the FCFS boarding priority has been settled yet?
Irrelevant to the thread. Yes we all know you are a AA/TWU ramper and are tired of the AMFA debate, but this is an AMFA thread.
The TWU/IAM alliance will soon happen and you have no recourse.
You are screwed either way.

john john said:
AMFA is for DOH
Prove it.

AANOTOK said:
I would venture to guess that the AA side of the AMFA will be for FCFS.
For flight benefits, maybe so, but for seniority, it will be negotiated.
Just my 2 cents

In case you haven't noticed xUT, every thread has a AMFA flavor to it. Why do you care anyway? Like you said, you're happy you didn't go to work for AA.

No, what is irrelevant is me being a AA/TWU ramper. I'm glad they are debating and hopefully their debate will bring about positive changes for all of us. I honestly hope they get what they want.

What is relevant is every topic turning into the TWU/AMFA debate. I was just recently chastised for mentioning that in another topic. Dang, even got a red mark.

So, if it's ok with you (or not), I will pick and choose where and when I decide to post a comment...

700, Stay out of this convo.  This is in fact an AMFA thread.
 You guys keep moving forward, keep working hard, it is time for change at AA for new representation. Get rid of the on going and continuous agreed to concessions after concessions at AA for the mechanic groups.  Fire the TWU.  Get the US guys on board for the new change, do not let them fall into the TWU/IAM scandal.  Good luck to you guys, and I am very confident that it will happen this time, in 2014, keep the faith guys and be in control of your futures...

Back