Another Phl Bag Chute Disaster

crushed

Senior
May 26, 2003
Visit site
Yesterday carousel #1 in the PHL bag chute collapsed under the weight of all the bags!
Seems the people who designed the system didn't take into account that U wouldn't have enough employees to actually take the bags off at the end!!

-crushed

Another great reason why management should be located where they daily come face to face with the mess they've created.

Like Hope777 said, our carousel breaks down quite a bit.What I want to know is this.Major parts of it are made in europe. And of course nothing is stocked in USA.It's run by a chain, sort of the thickness of a bicycle chain. But of course the sproket spacing is'nt compatable with chains in the USA. And when it breaks, which is quite a bit.We have to call for repair to get a chain from Italy.Hello, If this item is a constant problem most normal companies would get 2 when the need 1, just in case. SORRY I just solved it ,NORMAL. :down:

:shock: O.K. so now we know the parts come from Italy. You would think that someone would have enough "smarts" to have a modification done to US standards (sprocket and chain) to keep the belt down time to an absolute minimum. No one wants to think outsside of the box! :ph34r:

I hate to break it to you, but our airline doesnt have nor had it for quite some time the kind of brains it needs to know what the airline and that european made belt
needs to make it work!

I hate to ruin all you naysayers day, but I believe the baggage system is maintained by the City of Philadelphia, not US Airways.