Another School Massacre

Agree with both posts.  I look at the liberties you pointed out in your second post as being more reflective of my perception of liberty.

None of the "Freedoms" are rights. 

You do not have a "right" to healthcare or any others mentioned. There is no such thing as group rights.

I gotta give Chock his props for knowing what a classic liberal is. Well made point, even if I don't totally agree with it. You are a welcome addition and quite refreshing as we seem to often have nothing more than a talking points debate.

SparrowHawk said:

You do not have a "right" to healthcare or any others mentioned. There is no such thing as group rights.

I gotta give Chock his props for knowing what a classic liberal is. Well made point, even if I don't totally agree with it. You are a welcome addition and quite refreshing as we seem to often have nothing more than a talking points debate.
Coming from the guy who used to post RP quotes in like there was a blue light special on them.

Which shows you not only are unable or unwilling to answer a simple question posed. But further shows that you know little or nothing of Ron Paul. Like I mentioned to Chock Jockey you're a repeater of talking points. Now run along and call the DNC and get your next post.

If it makes you feel better have at it.  Answered your question, you just did not like the answer.  Not my problem.

Three-fifths to two-thirds of the federal budget consists of taking property from one American and giving it to another. Were a private person to do the same thing, we'd call it theft. When government does it, we euphemistically call it income redistribution, but that's exactly what thieves do -- redistribute income.

Well, then, tell me how much of what I earn belongs to you - and why?

Sorry, but you can dance all you like, but I'm still waiting for you to tell what portion of the fruits of my labror belong to you? And the second part, "Why does it belong to you?"

SparrowHawk said:
Three-fifths to two-thirds of the federal budget consists of taking property from one American and giving it to another. Were a private person to do the same thing, we'd call it theft. When government does it, we euphemistically call it income redistribution, but that's exactly what thieves do -- redistribute income.

Well, then, tell me how much of what I earn belongs to you - and why?

Sorry, but you can dance all you like, but I'm still waiting for you to tell what portion of the fruits of my labror belong to you? And the second part, "Why does it belong to you?"
I would like an answer to that myself.

Stick around Ms Tree doesn't want to answer. Maybe tomorrow we shall have a Liberal Colleague answer that question.

So is it then appropriate given the above to increase school taqxes to pay for armed security where needed?

SparrowHawk said:
Stick around Ms Tree doesn't want to answer. Maybe tomorrow we shall have a Liberal Colleague answer that question.

So is it then appropriate given the above to increase school taqxes to pay for armed security where needed?

Have to say it probably depends on who's asking, SH.

SparrowHawk said:

You do not have a "right" to healthcare or any others mentioned.

Who is it that determines what is and what is not a right?

SparrowHawk said:
There is no such thing as group rights.

How do you mean?

Taxes and guns are related.

BOTH your wealth and your ability to defend your Liberty are being confiscated by the Government.

Back