Another School Massacre

This isnt about food and kids, this is about guns and school shootings.

74 shootings since Sandy Hook and nothing done to stop it.

Dodge and Deflect the M.O. of the right.

Eating food isnt illegal, murder is last time I checked.

700UW said:

Dodge and Deflect the M.O. of the right.

Eating food isnt illegal, murder is last time I checked.

I think Michelle is going to change that.

Yes, some 30,000 die from gun deaths per year.....
Less than that are children.
300,000 fat kids die from obesity and you're freaking over gun deaths?

It's for the children.....

10418335_861255157235384_6258677494062224910_n.jpg

Last time I checked private citizens owning guns and assault weapons doesn't protect or guard the Constitution nor is it their responsibility. No one is taking anyone's guns away, it's called doing something about the 74 school shootings that have taken place since Sandy Hook.

I would ever so gently remind folks that gun ownership is not a fetish.

Life, Liberty & Pursuit of happiness was won for you and your children at the end of a gun barrel, has been preserved for you at the end of a gun barrel in places like San Juan Hill, Flanders Field, Normandy, Bastogne, Tarawa, Inchon by people who don't even know our last names.

The initiation of force against another person be it by gun, knife, bomb or other method is something a true champion of Liberty would never tolerate or accept. Neither would we accept a tyrannical government trying to register or confiscate a primary method of self defense, either from criminals and/or the government itself.

This is a hearts and Mind issue. The cost in individual liberty is just to high to justify in the name of safety. We have laws on the books now that are not enforced very well. This is a good place to start. Another would be to permit Hard Labor as appropriate punishment for a crime involving a gun. Just like the public took a stand on DUI, the public must demand more Liberty not less and those who commit crimes using guns need to be held accountable in a harsh way.

700UW said:
Last time I checked private citizens owning guns and assault weapons doesn't protect or guard the Constitution nor is it their responsibility. No one is taking anyone's guns away, it's called doing something about the 74 school shootings that have taken place since Sandy Hook.

The right to bear arms is for a reason and that is protecting the Republic from tyranny of government if so needed

delldude said:
Childhood obesity deaths run somewhere from 120,000 to 300,000 deaths per year.

Sources?

700UW said:

What, specifically, should be done about it?  It's very easy to promote vague notions about gun control and insist that there's a solution in it somewhere but few seem to be able to articulate what actual steps and legal provisions need to be in place and how they'll actually solve the problem; point being you really shouldn't go after others' constitutional rights without having all your ducks in a row.

700UW said:
Last time I checked private citizens owning guns and assault weapons doesn't protect or guard the Constitution nor is it their responsibility.

Private gun ownership has many practical uses beyond the romanticism of protecting the Constitution against black helicopters and federal agents.  Are you willing to deprive yourself of the right to acquire and own firearms?

SparrowHawk said:
I would ever so gently remind folks that gun ownership is not a fetish.

Life, Liberty & Pursuit of happiness was won for you and your children at the end of a gun barrel, has been preserved for you at the end of a gun barrel in places like San Juan Hill, Flanders Field, Normandy, Bastogne, Tarawa, Inchon by people who don't even know our last names.

Gun ownership in itself is not a fetish, though there are a good many gun owners for which it becomes one.  I don't see the direct correlation between foreign battles and the protection of fundamental American rights; San Juan Hill was a battle in a war of imperial expansion (a declared war no less).  The right to trial by jury in the U.S. would not have been vastly threatened if the 101st hadn't held Bastogne.

delldude said:
The right to bear arms is for a reason and that is protecting the Republic from tyranny of government if so needed

From enemies foreign and domestic.  Revolution itself is not an explicit Constitutional right.  The problem is if you take this idea far enough and back it with enough passion you find yourself murdering cops in Las Vegas pizza joints.

delldude said:

You chased God from schools and Satan took over.

So do you support compulsory religious education as a solution to the problem of school shootings?  I would also like to know which God children should be required to pray to.