Another School Massacre

Kev3188 said:

Not awesome.   :(

This one hit a little too close to home for me....

You know Kevin they all hit to close to home. That's why it's so important to separate the hysteria regarding guns from individual Liberty.

When a society decays to the point where school shootings are at least semi regular events, then it is long past time to address the real issue of how people conduct themselves along with how we treat the mentally ill. The government forcing you to register your gun doesn't stop a crazy from shooting me. Never has, never will. Want to lower gun violence in 6 months by 40%? Legalize ALL drugs and treat addictions as a public health matter.

Think about it for a second. If I could lower the incidents of cancer by 40% with the stroke of a pen people would be lined up to elect me Pope. When Prohibition ended violent crime dropped 40% in case you were wondering where I yanked that number from. 

Another problem is we want a quick fix. Took the FBI 20+ years to infiltrate the KKK before they were rendered ineffective. Same with DUI laws lowering traffic deaths from near 50K to 18K today. It took close to 30 years but it happened. We can do the same thing with gun violence, it takes patience and common sense and vigorous enforcement of the existing laws

Don't forget the political agenda on the backs of law abiding persons. No doubt, this type violence is incorrigible and at the same time is used to disarm America.

Useful idiots grow like weeds.

Other than banning guns of all kinds, there is no appeasement for the left.
The left are not deep thinkers. They don't understand that if a nut wants to kill people, not having access to a gun will not stop them.
Even though most murders using a gun is performed by shot guns, hand guns, etc.. They ban/restrain assault weapons.

These senseless murders are a tragedy.
FYI:

Oakland: Child, at least one adult injured in East Oakland shooting

Bad guys have unregistered/illegal guns to kill people.
Making guns illegal is the same as making drugs illegal.

Not sure how this works but I have read several folks on here say that the more people who are armed the safer everyone will be.  The Vegas shooting seems to put a dent in that logic.  Two cops were shot.  Of course they were armed but that did not do a lot of good.  Then Mr Wilcox, who was carrying a concealed gun was also shot.  None of them got off a single shot before the two committed suicide.  Seems that having a gun does not always solve the problem.

SparrowHawk said:

You know Kevin they all hit to close to home. That's why it's so important to separate the hysteria regarding guns from individual Liberty.

When a society decays to the point where school shootings are at least semi regular events, then it is long past time to address the real issue of how people conduct themselves along with how we treat the mentally ill. The government forcing you to register your gun doesn't stop a crazy from shooting me. Never has, never will. Want to lower gun violence in 6 months by 40%? Legalize ALL drugs and treat addictions as a public health matter.

Think about it for a second. If I could lower the incidents of cancer by 40% with the stroke of a pen people would be lined up to elect me Pope. When Prohibition ended violent crime dropped 40% in case you were wondering where I yanked that number from. 

Another problem is we want a quick fix. Took the FBI 20+ years to infiltrate the KKK before they were rendered ineffective. Same with DUI laws lowering traffic deaths from near 50K to 18K today. It took close to 30 years but it happened. We can do the same thing with gun violence, it takes patience and common sense and vigorous enforcement of the existing laws

I don't disagree w/any of that other than to say we can't afford to wait. Sure it might take a while, but we to at least /start/...

Reactions: 1 person
Kev3188 said:
I don't disagree w/any of that other than to say we can't afford to wait. Sure it might take a while, but we to at least /start/...

You can't hurry the winning of hearts and minds

SparrowHawk said:
Three-fifths to two-thirds of the federal budget consists of taking property from one American and giving it to another. Were a private person to do the same thing, we'd call it theft. When government does it, we euphemistically call it income redistribution, but that's exactly what thieves do -- redistribute income.

Well, then, tell me how much of what I earn belongs to you - and why?

Sorry, but you can dance all you like, but I'm still waiting for you to tell what portion of the fruits of my labror belong to you? And the second part, "Why does it belong to you?"

So what fruits of my labor belonged to you when you were collecting unemployment?

777 fixer said:

So what fruits of my labor belonged to you when you were collecting unemployment?
UE is an Insurance program which we contribute to at the state level and has little if anything to do with guns.

Social Security, UE Insurance, ACA are all examples of income redistribution and examples of theft by the government. Some taxes are required. If we were to follow the COTUS in the most narrow interpretation we would have a Federal Budget of roughly half what it is now.

Look at your pay stub and see how much is deducted for federal income tax, multiply it by the number of pay periods in a year and let me know what you could buy for you or your family. It's YOUR money, not theirs