APA proposes new scope clause

FWAAA

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
APA is dreaming again. First, a demand for a 31% raise. When AA laughed at that, a demand for a 50% raise followed. Now, it wants to take back all the flying it gave away over the years:

American pilots want exclusive rights to flights

Union's proposal would dismantle carrier's network of partners

12:00 AM CST on Saturday, December 8, 2007
By TERRY MAXON / The Dallas Morning News

The union that represents American Airlines Inc. pilots has proposed that only its members be allowed to do any flying for the Fort Worth-based carrier, either domestically or internationally.

That would halt the airline's ability to operate networks of other flights with sister company American Eagle and all of American's other partners.

At present, American uses American Eagle as its primary commuter partner but has arrangements with other regional carriers to carry passengers under American's code. It also has code-sharing and marketing agreements with more than two dozen international carriers.

American and American Eagle are owned by AMR Corp.

The proposal, submitted Thursday by the Allied Pilots Association, states: "All flying performed by or on behalf of the company or an affiliate shall be performed by pilots on the American Airlines seniority list in accordance with the terms and conditions of this agreement."

The proposal immediately got a cold reception from American.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...n1.2a44b90.html

Another article here: http://www.star-telegram.com/business/story/348777.html

Next up? APA pilots demand ponies for all of their daughters.

I understand the idea of starting high in a negotiation and then coming back down to something realistic but this just exposes them as the greedy fools they are.

I understand the idea of starting high in a negotiation and then coming back down to something realistic but this just exposes them as the greedy fools they are.

Maybe it sounds ridiculous but they are only asking what the profession should be paying.

I would love to hear your opinion on what a pilot should make to keep you and your family safe after
they were launched in the sky 7 miles in the air at 80% of the speed of sound.

Every pilot for every airline has made sacrifices to keep there company(s) afloat. Its time for a return on our investment. It is management who is greedy, not the pilots.

cheers

wopr21

At least the Pilot group is asking for plenty and will likely get something that they can live with. I can not say the same for the loser TWU idiotic leadership.

Maybe it sounds ridiculous but they are only asking what the profession should be paying.

I would love to hear your opinion on what a pilot should make to keep you and your family safe after

Every pilot for every airline has made sacrifices to keep there company(s) afloat. Its time for a return on our investment. It is management who is greedy, not the pilots.

cheers

wopr21
You are 100% correct. Management is Greedy. But so are the Pilots.....50 % raise and now all the flying that code share on including Eagle. So I propose when a Pilot purchases a plane and secures a route to a International Destination that we do not service than they can ask to be the pilot of that flight.

Code sharing serves a valuable purpose for every airline. But then again I am not a pilot and it is not all about me so I wouldnt understand.

We all know that they need that third house new boat. It must be hard not being able to afford that pool at the vacation home or only being able to vacation in Vail not the hamptons

You are 100% correct. Management is Greedy. But so are the Pilots.....50 % raise and now all the flying that code share on including Eagle. So I propose when a Pilot purchases a plane and secures a route to a International Destination that we do not service than they can ask to be the pilot of that flight.

Code sharing serves a valuable purpose for every airline. But then again I am not a pilot and it is not all about me so I wouldnt understand.

We all know that they need that third house new boat. It must be hard not being able to afford that pool at the vacation home or only being able to vacation in Vail not the hamptons

You wanna be a pilot? Go get your ratings!

You wanna be a doctor? go to med school!

You wanna be in operAAtions then get over your envy, you chose your lot in life!

You wanna be a pilot? Go get your ratings!

You wanna be a doctor? go to med school!

You wanna be in operAAtions then get over your envy, you chose your lot in life!
Never wanted to be a pilot

Never wanted to be a doctor

Never wanted to screw over a fellow employee just to benifit my own greed. That Job is left up to Upper Management and Pilots

Never wanted to give money to a local for them to negotiate a wage cut. (a boy can dream may I should join a local Unionn alot of good it did you)

From http://runwaygirl.blogspot.com/

Monday, 10 December 2007
Bring it On: American Airlines Pilots' Union Seeks to Conduct All Flying at the US Major

American Airlines pilots' union, the Allied Pilots Association (APA), doesn’t tend to mince words.

It was pretty clear, therefore, what was being demanded when the APA last week issued a scope proposal to management, which states the union expects “all flying performed by or on behalf of the company shall be performed by pilots on the American Airlines seniority list – with no exceptions".

Be it flying mainline or regional service, the APA wants its members in the cockpit. Yep, that means regional flying too! The timing is clutch. American parent AMR Corp recently announced plans to divest regional feeder American Eagle Airlines next year.

The APA's proposal is part of a larger offer tabled by the union under collective bargaining negotiations with management.

This summer the union called for American to provide pilots a 30.5% pay increase, annual pay raises of 15% and signing bonuses to pilots. That was rejected, as was a proposal submitted in October that called for “adjusting current pay rates to account for post-1992 annual inflation, as reflected by the consumer price indexâ€￾.

See for yourself if American’s pilots deserve a raise. This handy calculator, based on figures derived from the APA’s 2003 contract, tells you just how much the pilots are making now. (Photo above from APA web site)

The "start high...end up in the middle" is a good approach.

I would rather see ALL AA flying , done by APA.

The time has come to get rid of micro-jets, and "props"

AA could (hypothetically) do all their "commuter flying" with E-jets.
Better to negotiate pay rates for ALL AA a/c. In the long run, it benefits AA, and APA.

The "start high...end up in the middle" is a good approach.

I would rather see ALL AA flying , done by APA.

The time has come to get rid of micro-jets, and "props"

AA could (hypothetically) do all their "commuter flying" with E-jets.
Better to negotiate pay rates for ALL AA a/c. In the long run, it benefits AA, and APA.

What about the markets that are too small for a S80/737 and too big for a E-jet. You want to give all that money away?

cheers

wopr21

Yea, you're right. I'm sorry. Topping out at $200k + is not enough. What do you think you are worth .. $500k .... $1 million ... $3 million? Stop me when I get close.

Yea yea, pilots made sacrifices. Last I checked we all made sacrifices sparky. You may fly the bus but until I put FA's on it, Local 12 fixes whats broken, The FA gets on and does his/her job, the rampers put the cargo/bags on, the agent books and boards the passengers, and all the OTHER people do their jobs, all you get to do is keep the seat warm and look pretty. So keep that in mind next time yo try and screw the rest of us over.

Fifty percent pay raise and the pilots are not being greedy? Man I would hate to know when they start being greedy.

Yea, you're right. I'm sorry. Topping out at $200k + is not enough. What do you think you are worth .. $500k .... $1 million ... $3 million? Stop me when I get close.

Yea yea, pilots made sacrifices. Last I checked we all made sacrifices sparky. You may fly the bus but until I put FA's on it, Local 12 fixes whats broken, The FA gets on and does his/her job, the rampers put the cargo/bags on, the agent books and boards the passengers, and all the OTHER people do their jobs, all you get to do is keep the seat warm and look pretty. So keep that in mind next time yo try and screw the rest of us over.

Fifty percent pay raise and the pilots are not being greedy? Man I would hate to know when they start being greedy.

How long ago was is that the pilot group wanted non rev travel boarding priority for them and dependents?

How long ago was is that the pilot group wanted non rev travel boarding priority for them and dependents?

I thought that was last year. Seems every time you turn around they poor oppressed masses that call them selves pilots want/need something else to make their lives whole again.

WELL EXCUSE ME. If all you think is that pilots just keep the seat warm and look pretty, well its sounds like someone needs an education on what a pilot has to do to get in the position of responsibility they are in. Don't make comments that you seem to know nothing about.

I agree that we all took sacrifices, but the pilots are always the ones who take the brunt of it. We all got screwed.

We all deserve more ,not only in money , but also respect.

Regards

wopr21

WELL EXCUSE ME. If all you think is that pilots just keep the seat warm and look pretty, well its sounds like someone needs an education on what a pilot has to do to get in the position of responsibility they are in. Don't make comments that you seem to know nothing about.

I agree that we all took sacrifices, but the pilots are always the ones who take the brunt of it. We all got screwed.

We all deserve more ,not only in money , but also respect.

Regards

wopr21

I guess reading comprehension is not a cockpit requirement. Try re-reading what I posted and give it another try.

Latest posts