APA proposes new scope clause

And just today, the President ignored Lloyd Hill's pleas to veto the legislation raising the retirement age to 65:

This has some huge implications for the ongoing negotiations. This adds 16% more years towards their retirement for a pilot who joined AA at age 30.

Fly the airplanes and leave the managing of AA to those qualified, educated and hired to do so.

I beg to differ with the APA - Arpey and minions will wheedle another bonus out of the sale, as if they accomplished something of note.

Actually, I'm starting to think there won't be any sale - who wants to buy an airline in this climate regardless of size? Much more likely an issuance of stock (Arpey likes stock) and set up to be a stand-alone entity under the AMR umbrella; Eaglet stays under AMR control and the "reward" to the executives will be maximized.

Fly the airplanes and leave the managing of AA to those qualified, educated and hired to do so.

As an AA Pilot, I have run across many more individuals in the pilot group who are better educated and/or have far greater leadership skills than most, if not all of AMR's senior officers.

Good for you. Next time, ask why they're content to be a pilot instead of a manager....

Good for you. Next time, ask why they're content to be a pilot instead of a manager....

I believe a few aren't anymore. I think one is probably in the middle of is M.D. residency, I think one of the Ivy league MBA's is running some business driving a Bentley. Ran across another with some sort of medical practice, M.D. I think. Many of the Military guys are still high ranking officers managing for keeps at a level far greater level than Arpey ever will. One who is a General and still flys come to mind.
The President/CEO of JetBlue is another one of the same caliber. He left the AA pilot force a couple of years ago, was a APA volunteer as well.

I don't know why they do what they do. I'm just the average pilot who would probably couldn't qualify to be a family pet in these guys homes. ;) (smiley face added for The Goose)

Check the "tongue-in-cheek" smiley face referencing my comment.

Too arrogant one day, total lack of self esteem the next :rolleyes:

Latest posts